ROD TODAY

Guest Wildman1867

Megson was right to play Weaver when he was fit. Would you want to go into preseason wandering if your first choice keeper was fit? Today, he had that question answered.

Not only that, but he'll have wanted to see how Weaver, Semi, Jones, Reda, Buxton would be as a unit. Makes sense to play Weaver to take a look. I can see him playing again at Bristol and then giving the young Goalkeeper some time against Exeter.

i did wonder about ROD's confidence when i heard Megson in the post match interview that he picks Weaver because he thinks Weaver is the best keeper in the league end of.

Not much chance for ROD and Adamson :blink:

Brilliant management from GM - he's saying to ROD - "you've had a taste of the 1st team and if you want more then this is the standard you need to be - so keep working hard"

If we do have some sort of agrement with Wigan over their keeper then it should be honoured however

I think it would have been unfair of is to play Nicholls today as we have s responsibility to play our strongest team to be fair to other clubs threatened with religation and it should be same next week too.

I couldn't disagree more - the only club we owe anything to is to ourselves - this is the perfect time to assess some of the fringe players and if it means we lose some games then so be it - better to lose some nothing games now than find out in a crucial game that our fringe players aren't ready.

We can't be worrying about how our team experiments impact on anybody other than ourselves - we owe the rest of the teams nothing