next season

I expect hard working, professional wins.

I do expect us to be top 3 or 4 by Christmas, although I have a feeling it won't be champagne football. BUT... if it gets us out of this god forsaken league then I sure as hell won't be complaining.....

after looking at the table at the moment, and seeing the calibre of the sides clinging onto a play off places hope, failing to achieve the play off's next season for me would take some explaining...

i,m hoping southampton will get second place and then peterbro the play off place, as i'd be glad to see the back of both for next season...though if peterbro fail, i imagine they will loose one or two key players...

that would leave us with huddersfield from this season's big hitters, and i think by next season we'll be better equipped to deal with them more effectively than we did this...

i'd like to think we'd be in with a chance of top two...but, in all honesty i'd like to see us win the division, as i can't remember the last time we were promoted...and won the bloody division...

having read others replies, i see some are mentioning the paint pot...

i'd just like to add i hope our reserves do well in in...

Edited by dnhc

What I expect next season, considering we have gary megson in charge is that we will be a more solid, determined unit that is very difficult to beat.

What i would like to see then is what we all wanted to see this season, tearing teams apart when we have the ball and to actually be entertained.

Most importantly though, we have to win promotion, anything else will be a failure, I dont care if we scrape 6th place on the last day as long as we go up, and we will.

To smash this league to smithereens

let's just not all think that is going to be that easy..... a lot of hard work, good luck and some astute signings from Megson will be needed.

This division will have some strong teams in it next year..... a good start, top 3 by end of October is paramount to give us that confidence building platform to work from, something which a manager like Megson will build from, unlike his predecessor

let's just not all think that is going to be that easy..... a lot of hard work, good luck and some astute signings from Megson will be needed.

This division will have some strong teams in it next year..... a good start, top 3 by end of October is paramount to give us that confidence building platform to work from, something which a manager like Megson will build from, unlike his predecessor

I agree although an earlier post did hit the nail on the head for me when he pointed out that when you look at some of the teams clinging onto the hope of a play-off spot this season, anything less than that really would take some explaining.

I genuinley believe we have a better manager in Megson who will make us hard to beat and for the first time in years we'll have some money to spend. The very fact that we were chasing Beni Macarthy shows we have both money and ambition and I do think Wednesday fans have more reasons to be optimistic than the start of last season.

I'm sure most of us would also agree however that should we not be amongst the early season pace setters in the hunt for automatic promotion, Megson could be on his way as I doubt Milan will stand for anything less.

I would hope we'd be in the top 6 for the whole season.

This will still be a tough division next season. Peterboro, Southampton, Huddersfield have all had terrific seasons, and all will feel they deserve to go up, but at least one of them will miss out, possibly two of them.

Chances are we won't do a Brighton, no matter how much money we spend in the Summer. I'd just like us to be in the promotion reckoning for the duration, and comfortably achieve a playoff place at least.

Automatic promotion only.

Don't want to be anywhere near the play off final its a one off game that can go either way. Romantic notion of beating the pigs at wembley but lets use the two games during the season to heap humilation on them and forget about the playoffs.

let's just not all think that is going to be that easy..... . a lot of hard work,good luck and some astute signings from Megson will be needed.

Thats why i expect us to smash this league to smithereens ph34r.gif

Anyone who wants the play offs, especially with United, is crazy. The pressure in 2005 was intolerable. I want to be 10 points clear all season, only then can I enjoy a match and relax. Milan will not tolerate anything but promotion.

The comments about dominating the 93 semi are true and it really SHOULD have been 10-1. It wasn't though and it went to et, with every chance we missed I became convinced they would nick it if they ever got near our goal. It was torture except for the first minute, brights goal and the final whistle.

I'll accept promotion by any means possible.

I think this season has shown that it's a tough league and no offence but anyone thinking we will walk it, destroy or hms wee wee this league it, is more than a bit foolish.

Lets get behind the team and not start kicking off if were not 10 points clear by christmas.

around the playoffs

HMSComfortableLeaguePosition

its weird how everyone seeemed to expect auto promotion last year

with basically not a pot to wee wee in,

but now,we have the funds,the facilities,we are expecting less it seems

mabye our fans have realised,that we have no divine right to "wee wee the league"

and now we nkow just how competative this league is,we wont take it for granted

Guest Big Guns

its weird how everyone seeemed to expect auto promotion last year

with basically not a pot to wee wee in,

but now,we have the funds,the facilities,we are expecting less it seems

mabye our fans have realised,that we have no divine right to "wee wee the league"

and now we nkow just how competative this league is,we wont take it for granted

were gunna wee wee the league next year like we should have this season if that muppet irvine hadnt fooked it up