Trevor Francis

Was remembering him the other day not as a manager but as a player for us. Only a few games but imo that goal against Ipswich (I think) at home in the promotion season when he put it in top corner from outside the box kop end was one of the best goals I've seen at Hillsborough. Does anyone else remember this?

Was remembering him the other day not as a manager but as a player for us. Only a few games but imo that goal against Ipswich (I think) at home in the promotion season when he put it in top corner from outside the box kop end was one of the best goals I've seen at Hillsborough. Does anyone else remember this?

Yes, I remember it. We may have been 0-2 down at half time, he came off the bench and from just outside the area curled a left footer into the corner. Not sure if it was Ipswich or Notts County.

One thing I do remember about the Notts County game, the kit that County brought clashed with ours, so we wore our glorius sunshine yellow away kit with the light blue shorts and socks.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Yes, I remember it. We may have been 0-2 down at half time, he came off the bench and from just outside the area curled a left footer into the corner. Not sure if it was Ipswich or Notts County.

One thing I do remember about the Notts County game, the kit that County brought clashed with ours, so we wore our glorius sunshine yellow away kit with the light blue shorts and socks.

Oh yes- I think you're right and it may have been Notts County. Great goal and great kit

YEP! Watched it on tv just last night, came on as sub iirc

Even though we got promoted, we drew quite a few home games that season. If I remember right we started the season with a 2-0 win at Ipswich, we followed this up with a 5-1 home win against Hull City (I remember this well, other than the fact Hirsty got 4, I was in church getting married, 1st September 1990)

We did win 2-0 at home against Watford, but I can't remember if this was before or after the Hull game. My wife and I, arrived back in England on a tuesday, the following night we drew at home 2-2 with either West Brom or Newcastle (my memory is poo ) But I do remember Macall equalising for us in the dying minutes.

We went 2 or 3 months without winning at home, but our away form was superb.

Hirsty scored 32 goals that season, even though he missed somewhere in the region of 14 games through injury. Trevor Francis deputised while he was out.

As everyone will remember, not only did that season end in promotion, but we beat Manure at Wembley as well.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Davidowls

I remeber a game where he went down in the box, won a penalty and winked at the kop.....Happy days...was also remembering when I used to approach the ground from Leppings Lane end there was no way you could get past the away end as It was always rammed you had to walk around through the street, now you could play a footy match outside the away end!!! I want those times back!!!

It is time to be reborn!! UTO!!!

The blunts had the limelight and fooked it up its our turn now!!!

The "curler" was against Ipswich, and you're are right we were 0-2 down. Tricky Trev started the fightback although we only managed to draw 2-2 (Pearson equalised if memory serves me correct)

he did, volley at a completely empty lower leps end (post liverpool job)

May have been seen by most as a striker, but he was by far the best crosser of a ball we had at the time - he turned round many games with his ability to put the ball in the box where it would do damage.

Something we have been desperate for, for too many years!

My memory's not so great, but I seem to recall he was more of a super sub when he was with us. Did he drift to the right a lot?

That really got up my dads nose' Warnock Warnock WARNOCK piggy get did it on purpose' a funny memory of my late dad. On Francis what a player, saw him has a 17 year old play in a Birmingham promotion team but cant remember that much. But when he came to Wednesday he was a game breaker he was able to change games a fantastic player. He should still be here has manager but that is another story.

I remember the Notts County fiasco. They brought a kit that clashed with ours and they claimed they didn't realise. They didnt bring an alternative so we played in our yellow away kit.

Their manager at that time.....................?

Neil Warnock.

Guest Big Guns

May have been seen by most as a striker, but he was by far the best crosser of a ball we had at the time - he turned round many games with his ability to put the ball in the box where it would do damage.

Something we have been desperate for, for too many years!

yep exactly wot i was going to post ,brilliant at getting the ball in the box flippingfantastic player .

Guest Big Guns

Did your dad tell you about him?

nope im a fully grown sensable mature adult whos watched wednesday at there very best.

Guest Triplej2

I remember the Notts County fiasco. They brought a kit that clashed with ours and they claimed they didn't realise. They didnt bring an alternative so we played in our yellow away kit.

Their manager at that time.....................?

Neil Warnock.

Shouldn't we have made THEM play in the yellow? just a thought!

Big Ron took King off and brought Francis on around the 30min mark because we had been shocking till then & 2-0 down.

Other Francis moments.

Destroying Plymouth in a 3-0 win at home.

Scoring at Bristol Rovers in a 1-0 win in terrible conditions.

Bringing himself on as Sub then subbing himself against Everton or Forest ??? think Everton Forest might have been when he scored a late winner in the same season.

Even though we got promoted, we drew quite a few home games that season. If I remember right we started the season with a 2-0 win at Ipswich, we followed this up with a 5-1 home win against Hull City (I remember this well, other than the fact Hirsty got 4, I was in church getting married, 1st September 1990)

We did win 2-0 at home against Watford, but I can't remember if this was before or after the Hull game. My wife and I, arrived back in England on a tuesday, the following night we drew at home 2-2 with either West Brom or Newcastle (my memory is poo ) But I do remember Macall equalising for us in the dying minutes.

We went 2 or 3 months without winning at home, but our away form was superb.

Hirsty scored 32 goals that season, even though he missed somewhere in the region of 14 games through injury. Trevor Francis deputised while he was out.

As everyone will remember, not only did that season end in promotion, but we beat Manure at Wembley as well.

I'm sure it was Palmer who got 4 (I was at this game) It was memorable because palmer (not surprisingly) didn't score many