Trevor Francis

Guest Big Guns

I'm sure it was Palmer who got 4 (I was at this game) It was memorable because palmer (not surprisingly) didn't score many

it was hirst who got 4 against hull mate i too was there

it was hirst who got 4 against hull mate i too was there

appologies, I just checked you are right. I must be going senile. Its strange but I remember the paul williams goal like it was yesterday.

I do seem to remember palmer getting 4 in one game can anyone help, its bugging the life out of me

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Palmer scored a first half hat trick against QPR in the First Division.

Premiership wasnt it

Palmer scored a first half hat trick against QPR in the First Division.

Thanks mark, yes you are right, 4-1 if I remember rightly (unlikely) and I have a feeling sheridan also scored. Strange but I didn;t actually remember being at that game until now.

appologies, I just checked you are right. I must be going senile. Its strange but I remember the paul williams goal like it was yesterday.

I do seem to remember palmer getting 4 in one game can anyone help, its bugging the life out of me

No worries, we all remember things differently, at least you were lucky enough to go to the game. I wanted to take all the guests to the game, and as most of my mates are Blunts, it would have been great, sadly the wife hasn't got a sense of humour.

Because we went on our honeymoon immediately after the wedding, I didn't get to see the goals unitl the end of season video came out. It was my own fault, we had the reception at The Swallow hotel in Nether Edge, when we were looking for dates, they only had 2 for that time of year. The first was sometime in the middle of August, or the 1st of September, I knew I would never remember a date in the middle of August, whereas 1st of September, beginning of the month, who would forget that. :biggrin:

Palmer once scored a hat-trick against QPR, and the wife still hasn't developed a sense of humour.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Was remembering him the other day not as a manager but as a player for us. Only a few games but imo that goal against Ipswich (I think) at home in the promotion season when he put it in top corner from outside the box kop end was one of the best goals I've seen at Hillsborough. Does anyone else remember this?

I remember it well, sheer class looked up, picked his spot and curled it into the top corner, I agree I reckon one of the best goals I have seen at Hillsborough in over 50 years of watching Wednesday.

Thanks mark, yes you are right, 4-1 if I remember rightly (unlikely) and I have a feeling sheridan also scored. Strange but I didn;t actually remember being at that game until now.

Yeah Shez scored one of the best goals i have ever seen live - brilliant move and a stunning volleyed finish

That was the 4th goal - i got sunburnt that day as well it was so hot

I remember his touch and control was unbelievable. He came on as a sub against Forest I think when he took over as manager with about 10 minutes left scored then subbed himself.

He scored right at the end - loose ball frim a corner which he lashed in - it was the day Palmer got booked for taking a drink during a break in play on a ridiculously hot day - i remember Cloughy was so incensed by that decision that during another break in play he called Stuart Pearce over and thrust a drink in his hand and Pearce took a drink - it was in defiance of the ref being such a jerk.

Great days - we were rumbleing awesome then

In my memory the forest game tf stayed on to the end. Got a ovation from the kop. And as he left the pitch his old master was waiting for him. Clough hugged and actually kissed his £1m boy as to say well done you beat me today.

IMO tf was a fantastic servant @s6

I remember being at an away match that I think was at Selhurst Park where we were huffing and puffing for well over an hour until Tricky Trev came on. One of the first things he did was put a sublime ball into the box for one of our players to score. He changed the game with his pure quality - he was another class.

Two chants here - can you remember them?

We've got Trevor Francis

When he scores he dances

Nana na na

Nana na na

We've got Tricky Trevor

He will play forever

Nana na na

Nana na na

Guest Distraught!

The type of player you wish would suddenly become ten years younger.

One TF memory that sticks in my mind was the 3-1 home win in 1990/91 (the promotion clincher). TF received the ball near the half way line and the control then turn was absolutely sublime. He was brought down by an appalling cynical challenge doing it but the skill involved summed up TF beautifully.

Yeah Shez scored one of the best goals i have ever seen live - brilliant move and a stunning volleyed finish

That was the 4th goal - i got sunburnt that day as well it was so hot

Hirst cross from the right wing, in front of the Kop, outswinging to the far post. Shez glides in about 8 yards out and hits it like an arrow into the top corner.

I was 13 and that was a good day.

Can't remember the game, but we were 1 down and playing poo poo, Kop was going mental with chants of 'We want Trevor' BFR held on until about 15 mins from time, brought him on and we were like a different team, he scored one and set another up and we won 2-1.

He was AMAZING for us.

I remember the Notts County fiasco. They brought a kit that clashed with ours and they claimed they didn't realise. They didnt bring an alternative so we played in our yellow away kit.

Their manager at that time.....................?

Neil Warnock.

still got this match (plus the ipswich one) on vhs !