IN MILAN I TRUST

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Following on from yet another disappointing evening at Hillsborough on Tuesday, and the criticism given to the manager and players yesterday - I want to offer my full support to the Chairman who has issued a few rallying calls in the last few months since he arrived.

Milan has taken on his biggest task in football here at Sheffield Wednesday - and for that I will remain eternally grateful.. For entirely different reasons to me - he needs to make the club a success - he has real hard cash invested and far more than I could dream of.

He will do whats right - for him as much as anything - and we have to strap ourselves in for a bumpy ride. I still believe Megson will take us down - I seriously hope not.

Good luck Mr Mandaric

For me, he had to sack Irvine as we were In a spiral of decline. Unfortunately the players haven't responded to Gary for some reason. Personally I don't think they would have responded to anyone.

Milan was in a bit of a no win situation and I'm praying to a god I don't believe in that he doesn't just decide to cut his losses and walk away.

Guest intercity0wl

Following on from yet another disappointing evening at Hillsborough on Tuesday, and the criticism given to the manager and players yesterday - I want to offer my full support to the Chairman who has issued a few rallying calls in the last few months since he arrived.

Milan has taken on his biggest task in football here at Sheffield Wednesday - and for that I will remain eternally grateful.. For entirely different reasons to me - he needs to make the club a success - he has real hard cash invested and far more than I could dream of.

He will do whats right - for him as much as anything - and we have to strap ourselves in for a bumpy ride. I still believe Megson will take us down - I seriously hope not.

Good luck Mr Mandaric

Agree with all but one little ittsy witsy bit, these excuses for footballers might take us down, not Megson

Guest pops55

Milan will make sure it comes good for us.

Its been said on many occasions that it will be a roller coaster ride under his stewarship but i never have liked the downward experience just hope we bottomed out last Tuesday, but i have my doubts, here's hoping.

he has too much money invested not to sort us out

Megson may well take us down due to his critical and negative aproach not turning the players heads / form around. I do think he should stay and be allowed to bring his own team in, he's got teams promoted before and steadied bolton in the prem, so he isnt a bad manager, just not suited to this lot of players.

I stook 30 quid on us going down yesterday, I've accepted its going to happen and decided I might as well make something out of it (its my season ticket paid for anyway). If we stay up then thats a bonus at this point

Guest pops55

What were the odds Neo, if i have a bet on anything i allways loose so if i have a few quid on them going down we will certainly stay up.

Get rid of Megson now?

The only logical reason for this would be to gain some false short term hope, surely? In the hope that some 'nice' bloke would come in and massage the ego's of the car crash of a playing staff we now have.

By that route we will probably get long term misery, again.

I am fed up with short termism at S6. We should get someone who we believe in and stick with them through thick and thin. Sod the current squad of under performers.

Megson and his backroom staff are proven winners. They have transformed Bolton and WBA, not just on the pitch, but throughout the playing staff. Those Clubs are still reaping the benefit of their legacies.

The players should be sent a signal from Milan that Megson is staying. The only ones with a doubtful future are them. The players must be loving the fact that they have the power to get rid of another manager. Clough and Leeds all over again.

What is the alternative? What current big name could we entice? Martin O'Neil? He doesn't suffer fools gladly, how do you think he would get this squad playing any better.

So we go for another unknown and the cycle starts again.

The merry go round has to stop. We can't lose our nerve.

Megson is/was a brilliant choice long term.

I have yet to be convinced that their is any better long term alternative.

Let's not bottle it again.

We have enough bottlers on the playing staff.

Agree with all but one little ittsy witsy bit, these excuses for footballers might take us down, not Megson

True,

Agree with the rest of Grandads post aswell though,

But unfortuantely, Megson himself is just another Wednesdayite who's been strapped in for the bumpy ride.

I think the writings been on the wall probably since the Orient game, we were only heading one way, Megson cant turn it around overnight and neither can Mandaric.

We all wanted things to improve immediately once Milan came in, but the task at hand is clearly bigger than anybody expected, just going to have to accept another year or 2 of struggling, we've had 15, cant be that hard i suppose.

Hopefully though, it'll all be worth it in the end.

Guest SPURTt

Milan will make sure it comes good for us.

Its been said on many occasions that it will be a roller coaster ride under his stewarship but i never have liked the downward experience just hope we bottomed out last Tuesday, but i have my doubts, here's hoping.

Dont be kidded , MM is a fan of his Money and will easily go onto the next club using the your the best fans etc spheil to keep the fans happy , he did the same at the last two clubs .

Get rid of Megson now?

The only logical reason for this would be to gain some false short term hope, surely? In the hope that some 'nice' bloke would come in and massage the ego's of the car crash of a playing staff we now have.

By that route we will probably get long term misery, again.

I am fed up with short termism at S6. We should get someone who we believe in and stick with them through thick and thin. Sod the current squad of under performers.

Megson and his backroom staff are proven winners. They have transformed Bolton and WBA, not just on the pitch, but throughout the playing staff. Those Clubs are still reaping the benefit of their legacies.

The players should be sent a signal from Milan that Megson is staying. The only ones with a doubtful future are them. The players must be loving the fact that they have the power to get rid of another manager. Clough and Leeds all over again.

What is the alternative? What current big name could we entice? Martin O'Neil? He doesn't suffer fools gladly, how do you think he would get this squad playing any better.

So we go for another unknown and the cycle starts again.

The merry go round has to stop. We can't lose our nerve.

Megson is/was a brilliant choice long term.

I have yet to be convinced that their is any better long term alternative.

Let's not bottle it again.

We have enough bottlers on the playing staff.

Very well put.

If Megson can conduct extensive enough changes to the squad over the summer then we can basically start again. With the sobering reality of this season, for me personally there will be less expectation going into next term, but if the manager is backed adequately then he must be judged on the same terms as anyone else would be. Another campaign like this one and we would have little choice but to declare him another in a long line of failures.

Problem is, after spending something like £8m acquiring the club in the first place, then another £1m or so in January on new players, how much appetite will Mandaric have for what the fans would like to see? It's hard to imagine us being inundated with offers for almost any of this squad, so that would necessitate a lot of long contracts being written off if we are to be rid of them, potentially costing another hefty sum. And then of course we will need to bring in replacements at still further cost. You could forgive the chairman for wondering if it was really all worth it.

For me, he had to sack Irvine as we were In a spiral of decline. Unfortunately the players haven't responded to Gary for some reason. Personally I don't think they would have responded to anyone.

Milan was in a bit of a no win situation and I'm praying to a god I don't believe in that he doesn't just decide to cut his losses and walk away.

that's the key for me.

A bit like cooking sometimes the ingredients mixed together don't work and if little extra ingredients don't bring it round you have to bite the bullet and start again. We really need to clear out what's left of the squadof losers that took us down and possibly most of AI's purchases,- easier said than done tho with contracts and the Lunt style who cares I'll take the money attitude, they might be difficult to shift. For me they would train with the academy (if they could keep up) and matchdays earn their wages by selling programmes and refreshments til they fooked off

Well said Readingowl. MM warned us it wouldn't be easy and to trust him to do the right thing for the long term.

gary megson is a PROVEN success, unlike Irvine (no success at all), Laws (limited lower success) and Sturrock (as Laws), and Turner.

We HAVE to keep our nerve. It's not easy when every fibre of your being is hurting (in football terms) but it took 15 years of being a shambles to get us to this position and we nearly went out of business.

I'm grateful to MM, and to gary megson for coming here (I know he's a fan but he could have had other jobs) and I back them to keep us up and progress next year.

Guest Big Guns

I'm still sticking by my guns when we first hired the new manager. (Megson) Just get through to the summer and then judge from there.

yes i agree lets hope we can survive ,and then lets see wot megson can do next season.

Well said Readingowl. MM warned us it wouldn't be easy and to trust him to do the right thing for the long term.

gary megson is a PROVEN success, unlike Irvine (no success at all), Laws (limited lower success) and Sturrock (as Laws), and Turner.

We HAVE to keep our nerve. It's not easy when every fibre of your being is hurting (in football terms) but it took 15 years of being a shambles to get us to this position and we nearly went out of business.

I'm grateful to MM, and to gary megson for coming here (I know he's a fan but he could have had other jobs) and I back them to keep us up and progress next year.

Quite right. There is no way that these self serving gutless tw 'ts should be allowed to think that they are in the driving seat. MM should go down to the training complex and tell them in no uncertain terms that it will be them not GM who will be going so get on board or he'll get rid

that's the key for me.

A bit like cooking sometimes the ingredients mixed together don't work and if little extra ingredients don't bring it round you have to bite the bullet and start again. We really need to clear out what's left of the squadof losers that took us down and possibly most of AI's purchases,- easier said than done tho with contracts and the Lunt style who cares I'll take the money attitude, they might be difficult to shift. For me they would train with the academy (if they could keep up) and matchdays earn their wages by selling programmes and refreshments til they fooked off

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This,exactly what i have been saying all week

top post steelowl