The fans must realise .....

I personally am not blaming anyone other than the players for not being up to the task.

Can you seriously sit there though and overlook the fact that as a fanbase on matchday, we clearly can influence our own players wether it be positively or negatively?

It makes a very, very small difference and nowhere near the difference some fans make it out to be.

Wolves fans are absolute poison - they would boo their own team on to the pitch at a Champions League Final - it doesn't stop them (a smaller club than us) being in the PL. Last season vs Palace we packed the ground, cheered until we were unable to cheer any more and we played like a pub team.

Last season vs Palace we packed the ground, cheered until we were unable to cheer any more and we played like a pub team.

After we went behind for the second time, I'm still haunted by the pathetic and repetitive lobbing of the ball to the edge of the Palace box for it to be headed away again and again and again. As fleetingly as he showed it, Esajas was the one man we had capable of creating something out of nothing, but he was stood in the middle of the scrum watching the ball going backwards and forwards over his head. Meanwhile, our most potent goal threat, Luke Varney was out wide in the position Esajas should have been in, unable to threaten the opponent's goal. When Purse scored to give us a couple of minutes of hope, I can't remember ever being less enthused by an Owls equaliser.

The doubts about Irvine had been setting in for a while, but I think it was at this point that my faith in him pretty much evaporated with this feeble display of absolutely no imagination or guile whatsoever.

Guest johnowls

If I knew that I'd be asking Mandaric for a job.

:biggrin:

Lets get a hypnotist in and let the players believe they are different players like Messi,Puyol,Tevez ect lol

Guest Big Guns

It is only a matter of time before we get the club asking us to again send the players love letters and good luck messages in their brave fight against relegation.

i no wot it would say on my letter to the bunch of spineless tosspots ,flippingwobblers the lot of em.

So whats your theory on our pathetic home form?

too big ground (look at the others in this division)...too big expectation...too big (frustrated and hostile) crowd...players assembled at a club with no money who aren't good enough, followed by some summer signings who were over the hill...

name me the last time you were at hillsborough and the oppositions midfield didn't run amok all over ours???

name me the last last time you were at hillsborough and our midfield ripped through theirs and in the heart of their defence???

I'm sick of threads like this. No one goes intent on moaning/booing etc. When the team come out they are greeted by rapturous applause even if they've dismally failed in the last game YET AGAIN. The fans want us to win and back the players but time after time after time thay act as if they don't care. The goals they concede beggar belief. Bringing our great club down to this pathetic level is going to produce anger amongst those of us who invest huge amounts of money and time in giving these wasters a lifestyle we could only dream about.

too big ground (look at the others in this division)...too big expectation...too big (frustrated and hostile) crowd...players assembled at a club with no money who aren't good enough, followed by some summer signings who were over the hill...

name me the last time you were at hillsborough and the oppositions midfield didn't run amok all over ours???

name me the last last time you were at hillsborough and our midfield ripped through theirs and in the heart of their defence???

I agree with the ground and crowd part. The rest also applies to away games aswell though.

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

Great sentiment - the only issue is the collective shower we have as a squad of players are completely disinterested in anything other than themseleves. They have proven over the course of last season and this that they will/can not perform and work as a team, irrespective of who is in charge and how many of us support or boo them. Personally I would (less Madine, Palmer and Weaver) transfer the lot of them. Lets face it - with them and their collective crap attitude and poor work ethic, we would be better without.