The fans must realise .....

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

Guest domSWFC

We shouldn't get on the players back, I agree.

But these are "professional footballers" and should be able to take the stick. They are adults and it's their job. They should not have a tantrum every time they get criticised.

Against such a backdrop of hideous and endless abuse, the boys did well last night to hold out until the 3rd minute.

:dry:

Exactly. I don't agree with booing, but if the players don't perform well enough then the fans won't be happy. It's another rubbish excuse for a bunch of poo under-performing players.

What the players must realise is that fans dont turn up week in week out just to boo and abuse them. Booing is counterproductive but they give us reason to due to their lack of effort and inability to do the basic things (control & pass) right.

Any fan can take it if another team is technically better but what they will not accept is a lack of effort.

Last night it was like being in a library for about 70 minutes. Most people around be just sighed when we conceded the first. There was 1000% less abuse last night to at recent games and for me this shows 2 quite worrying things: People don't care any more (myself included) and fewer fans are at each game.

We have reached a point of apathy from the fans and who can blame us? We don't get entertained, we get blamed when the players can't be arsed, we constantly have to watch our beloved team get hammered and slip towards the trap door of the footballing wilderness.

I have had a season ticket for nearly 20 years and you know what, I am actually wondering if I have done the right thing by renewing my ST and even buying a new one for my mrs. I could find about 1758497589278952 better things to spend my ~ £800 of hard earned on!

Just not bothered...

Last night it was like being in a library for about 70 minutes. Most people around be just sighed when we conceded the first. There was 1000% less abuse last night to at recent games and for me this shows 2 quite worrying things: People don't care any more (myself included) and fewer fans are at each game.

We have reached a point of apathy from the fans and who can blame us? We don't get entertained, we get blamed when the players can't be arsed, we constantly have to watch our beloved team get hammered and slip towards the trap door of the footballing wilderness.

I have had a season ticket for nearly 20 years and you know what, I am actually wondering if I have done the right thing by renewing my ST and even buying a new one for my mrs. I could find about 1758497589278952 better things to spend my ~ £800 of hard earned on!

Only 1758497589278952? :biggrin:

Guest Big Guns

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

if they carry on the way there playing ,they wont be hardly any fans left to get on there backs ,just a handfull of happy clappers

Last night the atmoshere was eerie. For the first 20 minutes or so all you could hear was people talking, it reminded me of being back at school in the dinner hall. If you closed your eyes (apart from the odd "your w@nk Teale") you wouldn't have even know you were at a football match. Heard the odd song from the kop later in the half and that was it, not a peep from the north all game.

I agree with the OP, isn't it ironic that the only results we have been getting recently have been away from home where the support is vocally outstanding? Leads me to believe what Darren Purse was saying in that little interview he did is actually 100% bang on. Not saying it's our fault for the position we're in like but it can't be helping the cause can it.

I know OT is a tiny chunk of our fan base and most of you miserable gits will disagree, but isn't it worth a shot? us getting behind them instead of the mindless booing and "your not fit to wear the shirt" chestnut?

Call me a happy clapper or whatever you like, just trying to think of a way to dig us out of this rut we've found ourselves in - Megson hasn't got the answer, nor have the players so it's worth a shot don't you think? Even if the singing bit doesn't happen, maybe the booing should stop?

I'm willing to try anything to save our club from dropping to second division on the back of two consecutive relegations.

Edited by eckington owl

If the support at Hillsborough is so bad, and away so outstanding, how come only 3 of our 12 wins last season came on the road? And why, when our own stadium was filled with people willing the team to scrap it's way to survival, did we fail so dismally?

Shame on anyone suggesting the fans are to blame.

If the support at Hillsborough is so bad, and away so outstanding, how come only 3 of our 12 wins last season came on the road? And why, when our own stadium was filled with people willing the team to scrap it's way to survival, did we fail so dismally?

Shame on anyone suggesting the fans are to blame.

So whats your theory on our pathetic home form?

Sorry, should have worded it better.

Why are we able to pick up points away from home and not conceed 3 or 4 every game?

2, 3, 3, 0, 0, 2, 2, 1 is the amount of goals per match we've conceded under Megson away from home. There's not a great deal of difference.

2, 3, 3, 0, 0, 2, 2, 1 is the amount of goals per match we've conceded under Megson away from home. There's not a great deal of difference.

We have taken 1 point from our home games and 8 from away games since Megson's been here. Is that not enough evidence we are better away from home?