The fans must realise .....

Fair point ........... and I suppose I agree. However sometimes a players ability or lack of it can be a problem. Lack of form breeds low confidence, on top of which 14000 screaming fans must get even the highly paid down.

A big problem in this division for us is the lack of real pace .......... take last night ..... Brentford had six or seven players with genuine pace...... we had one....... and he was sub.

If a team or squad isn't put together right to begin with it will struggle...... no thought at the beginning of the season addressed the lack of pace issue. It was obvious last season ..... wh did we sign Morrison, Mellor , Heff even Madine. Irvine got it all so wrong...................................well last summer we thought it was a poo poo hot squad, turns out to just be a poo squad

Ok the players make the wrong decisions but I say they are trying ........... its just never going to happen..........................trying everyones patience

We lack pace yes, but we lack ideas, tactics, a bit of a thought to try something and give it a go.

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

At bloody last a sencible fan on owlstalk bloody hell now theres a first :laugh: the players are obviously scared shitless of home support and I agree with all you say spot on!!

At bloody last a sencible fan on owlstalk bloody hell now theres a first :laugh: the players are obviously scared shitless of home support and I agree with all you say spot on!!

Eh ...... You're a day early. April 1st is Friday.

No-one .... and I mean no-one agrees with THE MADOWL~~

Thanks by the way :biggrin::biggrin:

answer

lets riot on saturday, get the fans banned and play every home game to an empty stadium!

sorted....can't understand why Meggo never thought of that!

Guest 03 owl

The opposition always seem to have more guile though, and we break down as a team at the slightest groan is utter testicles, the fans have been more than patient.

The opposition always seem to have more guile though, and we break down as a team at the slightest groan is utter testicles, the fans have been more than patient.

We seem to get on there back as early as possible although with money the players are on it shouldnt fase them but obviously does, as soon as we lose 1st goal we callapse. If we tackled more it may help though as we dont even seem to understand what the word tackle means never mind how you actually do it.

answer

lets riot on saturday, get the fans banned and play every home game to an empty stadium!

sorted....can't understand why Meggo never thought of that!

I've said it for a long time.......... We need a manager who is not afraid of the fans. We need Megson to come out and publicly back his players. We need Megson to tell the fans we are creating an impossible arena to play football. The last manager to stand up to the fans was BIG RON ...... he didn't give a flip what we thought ........... and we adored him for it.

Megson has got to be bigger than a fan...... he's got to get on his players side. Even though they are IRVINES boys.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why, if Hillsborough is such a terrible place for us to play and our away support is so tremendous, only 3 of our 12 wins last season came away from there. And on the two occasions our stadium was full and the team had full backing to scrap for it's survival, we failed to win on both occasions.

Simple conclusions are for simple people.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why, if Hillsborough is such a terrible place for us to play and our away support is so tremendous, only 3 of our 12 wins last season came away from there. And on the two occasions our stadium was full and the team had full backing to scrap for it's survival, we failed to win on both occasions.

kin ell....................it would be easier to sort out the problems in the Middle East than sort our club out!!!

Maybe we have a UN goals embargo against us scoring?

flipping Clegg's fault...and Gadaffi...a pig on the quiet

You build confidence at home........ you make it a fortress. Your home crowd supports you as the home team and the confidence grows. You take this confidence and you add to it on the road.

If the opposite happens and you cant make your home ground earn points ........ how can you go away with confidence.

The away crowd are on a "day out" they go to enjoy themselves.(hopefully) Its a little harder at home especially when things dont go our way. The two occasions we had full backing ... unfortunately the team were already in the gutter. The fans shoud have been like this all season not just for "a couple of games"

You build confidence at home........ you make it a fortress. Your home crowd supports you as the home team and the confidence grows. You take this confidence and you add to it on the road.

If the opposite happens and you cant make your home ground earn points ........ how can you go away with confidence.

:laugh:

Here... try another.

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

The away crowd are on a "day out" they go to enjoy themselves.(hopefully) Its a little harder at home especially when things dont go our way. The two occasions we had full backing ... unfortunately the team were already in the gutter. The fans shoud have been like this all season not just for "a couple of games"

We have conceded the 1st goal in the 1st half of our last 8 home games. This subject is a two way street and it is hard to expect fans to get behind the players in the face of this record.

The atmosphere at home games is gloomy but they are not booed out of the tunnel prior to kick-off. We are told before each home game that the aim is play with a high tempo and get at the opposition. The fans get behind the team at the start and hey presto, within 5 or 10 or 15 minutes we go a goal down.

With the exception of Peterborough the sides that have been putting us to the sword are average at best. Maybe if the team played to a decent standard and scored 1st for once then the crowd would have something to get their teeth into.

The atmosphere in the 1st halves of the home games against Bournemouth and Charlton were similar if not worse than has been the case for more recent games as the fans really got on the teams back in those games whereas now there is more of a disappointed acceptance. The difference was that in the 2nd halves of both of those games the team came out with some passion and the support responded.

Against Bournemouth the equaliser took a long time in coming but the corwd stayed with the team as there was a sense they were doing their all.

This is in contrast to the current state of affairs in which justifiably the fans do not have a sense that the team look like they can turn a game around be it through sheer effort or ability.

IT's not the booing it's not the fans, i think its more to do with some players are not fecking bothered ,you can tell they are only going through the motions,same as when irvine was here same as when they decided to flip it up for Laws,the leftover players from the championship have overseen this disgusting period ,THE ONLY ONE I FEEL SORRY FOR OUT OF THE OLD GUARD IS JOC THATS BECAUSE EVEN WITH HIS WORK RATE HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH,and with that i bid you goodnight.

They need to grow up abit.

At the end of the day it's a catch 22 situation. If the players don't like being booed then maybe they should take a step back and think about why exactly fans are on their backs at the moment. Maybe it's something to do with the absolutely ridiculous slide in form that their atrocious performances have resulted in since the turn of the year?

[/quot

you are a grade A ***.

It has fookall to do with the fans.

These players are spineless or more people born out of wedlock who are not fit to wear the shirt.

I don't think it is a case of blaming the fans, we are all rightly pissed off at what we have witnessed this season.

However, I think it's a bit naive of us to think that we don't have a massive influence on matchday at Hillsborough and could potentially make things easier for the players even if it doesn't sit too well with us.

A lot of them will be gone in summer and don't care but we will still be here, if we help them we may still be in league 1, if we keep on the way we are nothing will change and we could face away trips to Bury, Cheltnam, Port Vale and Morcambe. I'm not a religious man but please God do not let this happen to us!!!!

People have simply run out of other people to blame and so blame the fans.

Idiots.

I personally am not blaming anyone other than the players for not being up to the task.

Can you seriously sit there though and overlook the fact that as a fanbase on matchday, we clearly can influence our own players wether it be positively or negatively?