The fans must realise .....

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

And we do still love to hate the opposition, it is just hate when our lads make it inexplicably easy to hate them instead. I'm not saying that our reaction as fans doesn't bother them, but to say that because of us getting on their back they are 'frightened to death of having the ball' is a radical statement.

I play on a Sunday and five-a-side and yes, if I have a few poor touches and have horrible 5/10 minutes I do avoid the ball, but I then berate myself, recognise that I'm doing rubbish, play it simple until I can regain composure and then continue with the game.

Now I accept that having 14,000+ fans booing and screaming at me during those 5/10 minutes I'm shaken and playing badly would make me nervous, but then I'm not a professional, I'm a journalist.

True, but the fans aren't to blame.

I Wasn't disputing that. The fans do their bit by turning up in the numbers they do.

What i'm trying to get across is the only possible explanation for our better away form is our noisy uplifting support. It always has been and always will be more vocal at away games - maybe it's time we made it the same at Hillsborough, if only for the last few games of the season.

Can't see anything changing otherwise and league 2 is getting closer and closer.

A typical Saturday afternoon at Hillsborough

1. Turn up ........ hear the team selection

2. Moan about the team selection

3. Start like a house on fire............ Crowd right behind team expect 3 or 4

4. We have lots of decent play but goals don't come

5. Crowd go quiet

6. A couple of stray passes

7. Crowd start getting impatient........ a few moans and groans

8. The opposition score

9. Dead quiet

10. A few more wayward passes / missed tackles

11. All hell breaks loose ....... now everyone joins in .......... Any bad pass or mistake is punishment by stoning.

12. No-one really wants the ball ....

13. The crowd are in uproar because we cant get the ball

14. They score again ..................... Oh dear

15. You're not fit to wear the shirt ................ rings round Hillsborough.

HALF TIME

16. Go back to no 3 and do all again for second half.

Yes I say the crowd are a massive problem .......... We can be the best ......... and the worst. ITS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madowl47

Guest madforitowl

A typical Saturday afternoon at Hillsborough

1. Turn up ........ hear the team selection

2. Moan about the team selection

3. Start like a house on fire............ Crowd right behind team expect 3 or 4

4. We have lots of decent play but goals don't come

5. Crowd go quiet

6. A couple of stray passes

7. Crowd start getting impatient........ a few moans and groans

8. The opposition score

9. Dead quiet

10. A few more wayward passes / missed tackles

11. All hell breaks loose ....... now everyone joins in .......... Any bad pass or mistake is punishment by stoning.

12. No-one really wants the ball ....

13. The crowd are in uproar because we cant get the ball

14. They score again ..................... Oh dear

15. You're not fit to wear the shirt ................ rings round Hillsborough.

HALF TIME

16. Go back to no 3 and do all again for second half.

Yes I say the crowd are a massive problem .......... We can be the best ......... and the worst. ITS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!

It happens at every club that is struggling fans boo so stop this rubbish about we can be the worse. And number 3 we start like a house on fire my arse where usally 1 down by then !

We will go down if we constantly get on the players backs every time something goes wrong.

The players are frightened to death of having the ball.

They have absolutely no chance of succeeding with a terrible crowd baying for someones / everyones blood.

The best I see Wednesday play is when a opposition player winds up the crowd. Our crowd then focus on that player and give our own players freedom to play.

Maybe the answer if we want to relieve our aggression is to bombard a player from the opposition with "abuse" rather than one or more of our own.

In the Premiership we loved to hate the opposition. It gave our players more freedom.

Lets get this in perspective then!

1: Player - LIfestyle of the nearlky rich and wannabe famous., train for a couple of hours a day, then flip off to shop, pose, get your new Merc, Bentley, BMW or 4x4 muppet mobile waxed. Limited IQ of the average footballer means he can't cook a meal so a bowl of pasta and coffee at Nonnas. Turn up to on the doorstep parking in aforementioned posing mobile on matchday. Preen yourself in the mirror, go stretch a bit on the pitch but don't flip up your £100 haircut. Turn out at 3pm to mince around a few yards of grass, without really breaking into a sweat, putting in any effort or battling to please the massed ranks of fans. Trudge off at 4.45 having had your poncey arse kicked by a "smaller" club who actually had the nerve to come and out play, out fight and out perform you. Then after a shower mince off with your bimbo WAG for a curry and giggle at the rain sodden fukwits who are walking home after funding your lifestyle.

2: Fans - Born into supporting your club through thick and thin throughout your life. There as a kid dreaming of pulling on that beloved shirt of your team and running your blood to water for YOUR team infront of YOUR fans. Dream goes boobies up and you work in the steel works, building trade etc. You work your knackers off all week looking forward to Saturday, albeit in vain as they'll flipping lose again. Saturday you head to the ground, kids in tow, coughing up cash like mad on food, programmes, kids in shirts, and all the rest. Eleven tw@ts wander aimlessly around the grass as if they never met before, no passion, no spirit, no desire, no flipping idea. You lose heavily again to a team that 20 years ago you'd hardly heard of. Saturday you drown your sorrows and hope, nay pray that the next game they'll turn up.

THAT madowl is why fans turn on players! And when they perform as they do they get what they deserve.

I think we should try what barca fans do and boo and whistle the opposition until we get the ball back.

Put pressure on the opposition instead of ourselves, also allows people to boo!!

If only we played like Barca....we are more like Barnet!

I think we should try what barca fans do and boo and whistle the opposition until we get the ball back.

Put pressure on the opposition instead of ourselves, also allows people to boo!!

Maybe we can sing???

"Its just like watching Belize"

Its a two way relationship and frankly the players ain't keeping up their part of the bargain.

Would they rather that no one turned up?

That they played in front of 2,000 fans and a flag that would be later removed for fire safety?

Easy kop out for our current players and certain ex-players who have failed to perform.

Does booing Wednesday players during the game serve the best interests of the club? I can understand the frustrations of fellow supporters but booing during the game is not productive. Does anyone honestly believe the observation that it fires players up? I can understand top pro's on top of their game drawing inspiration from barracking by opposition fans, but that's different to our situation. Unfortunately we have old pro's who aren't as quick as they once were or mediocre players struggling for form and confidence at our club. How many other clubs' supporters constantly turn on their own players so regularly?

We know this squad will not get us up next year, but these players are all we have to keep us in the division. I think they got the message a long time ago that the fans have little patience and want instant success. It's no good taking nearly two decades of frustration out on the current squad. They aren't too blame for past failings.

Does booing Wednesday players during the game serve the best interests of the club? I can understand the frustrations of fellow supporters but booing during the game is not productive. Does anyone honestly believe the observation that it fires players up? I can understand top pro's on top of their game drawing inspiration from barracking by opposition fans, but that's different to our situation. Unfortunately we have old pro's who aren't as quick as they once were or mediocre players struggling for form and confidence at our club. How many other clubs' supporters constantly turn on their own players so regularly?

We know this squad will not get us up next year, but these players are all we have to keep us in the division. I think they got the message a long time ago that the fans have little patience and want instant success. It's no good taking nearly two decades of frustration out on the current squad. They aren't too blame for past failings.

TBH I think our fans expected a lot more from the often stated team on paper.

The attitude of the players and their thrid division big time charlie view of we should walk this league simply by turning up hasn't helped.

The players simply haven't learned their lessons and I think its that which has got to the fans. after all these are mainly experienced players on decent money.

Someone living their lifestyle gets very little sympathy from me when they show no effort, fight, desire, spirit etc.

FAR too many poor showings and results have bought this about. Its like a cancer through the season, not just a short run of bad games

Lets get this in perspective then!

1: Player - LIfestyle of the nearlky rich and wannabe famous., train for a couple of hours a day, then flip off to shop, pose, get your new Merc, Bentley, BMW or 4x4 muppet mobile waxed. Limited IQ of the average footballer means he can't cook a meal so a bowl of pasta and coffee at Nonnas. Turn up to on the doorstep parking in aforementioned posing mobile on matchday. Preen yourself in the mirror, go stretch a bit on the pitch but don't flip up your £100 haircut. Turn out at 3pm to mince around a few yards of grass, without really breaking into a sweat, putting in any effort or battling to please the massed ranks of fans. Trudge off at 4.45 having had your poncey arse kicked by a "smaller" club who actually had the nerve to come and out play, out fight and out perform you. Then after a shower mince off with your bimbo WAG for a curry and giggle at the rain sodden fukwits who are walking home after funding your lifestyle.

2: Fans - Born into supporting your club through thick and thin throughout your life. There as a kid dreaming of pulling on that beloved shirt of your team and running your blood to water for YOUR team infront of YOUR fans. Dream goes boobies up and you work in the steel works, building trade etc. You work your knackers off all week looking forward to Saturday, albeit in vain as they'll flipping lose again. Saturday you head to the ground, kids in tow, coughing up cash like mad on food, programmes, kids in shirts, and all the rest. Eleven tw@ts wander aimlessly around the grass as if they never met before, no passion, no spirit, no desire, no flipping idea. You lose heavily again to a team that 20 years ago you'd hardly heard of. Saturday you drown your sorrows and hope, nay pray that the next game they'll turn up.

THAT madowl is why fans turn on players! And when they perform as they do they get what they deserve.

THAT Glen ............. Sounds like jealousy.

As far as I'm concerned and I was more or less pitch side .......... The players were trying. The problem is either

1. Total lack of confidence

2. Just not good enough

3. Tactically unaware.

If we keep booing our own players we will not got out of this mess. Yes you and I are entitled to boo ...... but we are slitting our own throats.

The players will walk away in the summer ........ and not give a monkeys.

THAT Glen ............. Sounds like jealousy.

As far as I'm concerned and I was more or less pitch side .......... The players were trying. The problem is either

1. Total lack of confidence

2. Just not good enough

3. Tactically unaware.

If we keep booing our own players we will not got out of this mess. Yes you and I are entitled to boo ...... but we are slitting our own throats.

The players will walk away in the summer ........ and not give a monkeys.

nah mate not jealous of them, got a few good mates who are ex players.

But they do live a comfortable and easy lifestyle and seem adrift of the feelings of fans who have a club in their blood.

What does grate with me is this hissy fit poo when the fans have a go, or the confidence excuse.

Maybe if they had a grounding in day to day working lives they may have a bit more comitment to the cause.

You get some wannabe 18 year old in his new Audi 4x4 who knows flip all about life compared to the 18 year old trying to get through life.

Basically mate thats why I have no sympathy for someone in a cushy job who is NOT performing, if it were us we'd either be sacked or our business goes bust etc.

nah mate not jealous of them, got a few good mates who are ex players.

But they do live a comfortable and easy lifestyle and seem adrift of the feelings of fans who have a club in their blood.

What does grate with me is this hissy fit poo when the fans have a go, or the confidence excuse.

Maybe if they had a grounding in day to day working lives they may have a bit more comitment to the cause.

You get some wannabe 18 year old in his new Audi 4x4 who knows flip all about life compared to the 18 year old trying to get through life.

Basically mate thats why I have no sympathy for someone in a cushy job who is NOT performing, if it were us we'd either be sacked or our business goes bust etc.

Fair point ........... and I suppose I agree. However sometimes a players ability or lack of it can be a problem. Lack of form breeds low confidence, on top of which 14000 screaming fans must get even the highly paid down.

A big problem in this division for us is the lack of real pace .......... take last night ..... Brentford had six or seven players with genuine pace...... we had one....... and he was sub.

If a team or squad isn't put together right to begin with it will struggle...... no thought at the beginning of the season addressed the lack of pace issue. It was obvious last season ..... wh did we sign Morrison, Mellor , Heff even Madine. Irvine got it all so wrong.

Ok the players make the wrong decisions but I say they are trying ........... its just never going to happen.