Megson on gardening leave?

Would this be a viable option?

I'd love him to succeed here, and would like to see him assemble his own team in the summer, but right now it's evident that the manager and players do not get on, to put it lightly.

If Megson stays in charge, we WILL go down, he quite simply CANNOT get this set of players motivated, and feels the need to chop and change after ever match, which is destroying their confidence.

Put GM on gardening leave until June 1st, get Big Ron/Keegan in until the end of the season and keep us up.

GM re-takes over on June 1st and assembles his own squad, having got rid of the entire squad.

And yes, I did choose the thread title to get people's hopes up :biggrin:

Edited by KivoOwl

Why let the bone idle, money grabbing, non motivated, without professional pride...scumbag, wasters get their own way?

I think that's harsh. No really.

They do try, they do put a shift in, but they have no idea how to concentrate that work ethic. They run around like headless chickens, not knowing what to do.

Their biggest problems are that they're a) poo poo and b) lacking in confidence

They are utterly petrified.

Guest intercity0wl

I'd love him to succeed here, and would like to see him assemble his own team in the summer, but right now it's evident that the manager and players do not get on, to put it lightly.

If Megson stays in charge, we WILL go down, he quite simply CANNOT get this set of players motivated, and feels the need to chop and change after ever match, which is destroying their confidence.

Put GM on gardening leave until June 1st, get Big Ron/Keegan in until the end of the season and keep us up.

GM re-takes over on June 1st and assembles his own squad, having got rid of the entire squad.

Anybody else and i woud have a little chuckle, but you mean it and thats sad,

Guest intercity0wl

I think that's harsh. No really.

They do try, they do put a shift in, but they have no idea how to concentrate that work ethic. They run around like headless chickens, not knowing what to do.

Their biggest problems are that they're a) poo poo and b) lacking in confidence

They are utterly petrified.

Please, please leave it there, just leave it.

Guest SPURTt

Not be long before this thread gets removed , the club must own this site , as full threads are getting deleated , that suggest Sacking Megson .

Guest SouthLeedsOwl

Cant understand where your coming from on here. Why would Megson agree to going on Gardening Leave for someone else to come in and get us out of the s**t and then Megson says thanks for that and takes up the reins again!!! They brought in Venables to help Robson out at Boro a few years back and Robson was gone as soon as results picked up.

I'm not happy and never have been with Megson but he's here to stay...... unless he walks away

Everyone seems to be jumping on Megson, when the same players have failed for other managers in the past.

Cant understand where your coming from on here. Why would Megson agree to going on Gardening Leave for someone else to come in and get us out of the s**t and then Megson says thanks for that and takes up the reins again!!! They brought in Venables to help Robson out at Boro a few years back and Robson was gone as soon as results picked up. I'm not happy and never have been with Megson but he's here to stay...... unless he walks away

I wouldn't blame him. Being manager of Wednesday has to be the most thankless job in the country.

Everyone seems to be jumping on Megson, when the same players have failed for other managers in the past.

Indeed

Edited by NorthernOwl

ffs kivo mate if you are a footballer you KNOW what to do ,i.ts instinctive ,the problem is some fookers that are reputed to be footballers WON'T do it and they all seem to turn up for us,i'ts easy to say i know but ,Potter,Beavers ,Spur ,Purse ,Joc ,JJ ,should have gone along with Irvine the moment we got relegated,Fair enough it was;nt possible,but Simek could have been kept instead of one of em,micky gray could have also ,even stumped enough up for Varny,but no the poo poo still remains,and whil'st ever they do we are fooked,

A terrible idea.

Once the responsibility of management is undermined there is no way back - a chairman cannot say a manager is not good enough for one job but is good enough again in the summer.

It would show weakness in the chairman, submission from Megson and questions asked about the players role within the club.

What if a new manager came in and we won every game? Are you still saying have Megson back and sack all the players?

Big Ron!?

DFS.

Megson needs to do whatever he needs to do to get the necessary points for us to stay up.

IMO - we only have one forward worth a starting place so he ought to stick with the 451 that gets us odd points.

Playing 2 x forwards is a waste of a shirt and loses us games!!!

Megson needs to stop listening to people who want attractive football, who say we can't play with just one up fromt at home and do what is necessary (however ugly that is - cus being in League 2 will be even uglier!!!)

Edited by Teddy Chucker

My idea would be to reward the lads for get points on the table - so Megson basically says "look lads you don't like me and I don't like you - I'm going to punish under preformance"

Lose a game... forget any time off that week. Drop the tvvats off in Bakewell or somewhere like that at 7am and tell them to run back. When they get back make the tvvats clean all of the seats in the ground with a toothbrush - roughly 40,000 seats shouldn't take so long, any time left then they can do laps around the pitch. They can do this from monday to friday. In fact even better open a hand car wash across the road on the wednesdaynite car park and make them wash cars for £3 a time and give the money to SCH.

Get a point on matchday - then drop them off somewhere a touch closer and let them use a sponge.

Win the match - they can have their nice easy over paid carry on!

It worked for Charlton and Wilkinson all those years back!

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Why use a question mark then?

Look I've said before Keegan's last pay amounted to £12 Million, you don't seem to understand the concept of "gardening leave" or the failure to agree a termination deal. If that happens you'd have to pay him the tenure of his contract which I believe is 5 years? that an awful lot of dead money for a club in your position.

Look I've said before Keegan's last pay amounted to £12 Million, you don't seem to understand the concept of "gardening leave" or the failure to agree a termination deal. If that happens you'd have to pay him the tenure of his contract which I believe is 5 years? that an awful lot of dead money for a club in your position.

It's three and a half years.

Waisting your time Baggiehy mate, the knives are coming out ,i for one do not believe it is the manager, .certain players need getting shut of tbh,2 managers have gone because of em ,

And now they are working on a third,all these players want to do is chuck the dummy out if it don't suit what they want mate