What has megson done since arriving

My mate is a West Brom fan and he thinks the sun shines out of Megson's arse, remember he took them up twice so he must have been doing some good, maybe he had a group of commited players there !!

It's all relative though isn't it. Perhaps ask a Forest fan of their opinion when he managed them in League 1.

Before Megson came in we had Laws & Irvine, lets not go back too far but it's fair to say we've pretty much had the "same" manager for years, at least 10.......during this time what have Wednesday done, scraped a promotion which some thought we didn't deserve on the seasons performances & fought quite a few relegation battles.

Also during this time the messageboard community has grown & grown, every man & his dog is able to give their opinion, amongst those opinions we've had plenty saying this player & that player are stealing a living, never been a footballer, shouldn't be anywhere near a professional club........as well as can't pass a football, has no end product, is lazy, has no guts, lacks passion.......the role call of players of that type is endless & that in our the fans opinion should just pet shop off.

Enter gary megson, not just a former player but a bloke who is as passionate a fan of the club as any of us....for the most part he's at first welcomed by the majority.......then this "orrible" man Megson starts to tell it how it is & how it has been, he starts telling not only the fans but specific players what we the fans have been saying for years about certain individuals at the club.......Megson is saying what thousands of fans have been saying & what happens.....the players don't like it, they're not happy........well I'm all broken up about them not being happy.

What happens next, fans start doubting Megson, results haven't been great you see.....he tells it how it is, he tells the players how it is, he repeats everything that most most fans have been saying for years, yet because results aren't immediately that of a promotion chasing team suddenly he's got it all wrong.

Megson needs time, I know it doesn't fit well in today's football world but he needs the time to sort the men from the boys.......I couldn't care less if some players don't like him, it's probably got something to do with him giving them a few home truths, if the players that don't like it can't or won't come back from whatever has been said & show some gonads then like I've said plenty of times now they can just go & do one as far as I'm concerned.......if we had eleven players who played with same passion & tempo that Megson himself played with then we'd be more than alright.

posted in another thread last week, still relevant.

I actually think that this is a good idea

Exactly ... there's roger all togetherness from the team at the minute !

Or take em' to one of these obstacle courses ... you know what im on about the army training things. Get em working in small groups with other members of the team they dont usually interact with e.g. Rob Jones, Clinton, Palmer and RoD (as an example) ... or one attacker, one midfielder, one defender in a group just so they remember each other exist and that they can communicate to each other and maybe even pass to each other !

Exactly ... there's roger all togetherness from the team at the minute !

Or take em' to one of these obstacle courses ... you know what im on about the army training things. Get em working in small groups with other members of the team they dont usually interact with e.g. Rob Jones, Clinton, Palmer and RoD (as an example) ... or one attacker, one midfielder, one defender in a group just so they remember each other exist and that they can communicate to each other and maybe even pass to each other !

less hassle would be picking the same team a few times in a row....anyone,,,no?

If we don't survive this season and drop to the 4th tier for the first time in our history... he should go, however, if we survive he should be given time to assemble his own squad of players. It is clear some of our squad don't want to fight or battle their hearts out for us and we just need to get to the Summer, get shot of these players and let Megson assemble his own squad. I still believe if he's given time to do this, he'll assemble a team with at the very least players who want to play for Wednesday and have the right attitude. The results will follow after that.

Megson in

Players out

The only good thing about Megson coming in, was that Irvine had gone.

But I genuinely think that we would have more points now if Irvine was still here.

I'm not sayin I want Irvine back btw :biggrin:

been thinking the same thing, its ok to look back at our performances prior to irvine leaving (i`m sure the majority wanted him out) but I really do beleive if he had stayed we would have been better off points wise. I`m not talking play offs under irvine, but we would have been close, and thats the problem, we wanted play offs at least and I`m not sure Irvine would have been able to provide this. So what happens, we all clamour for a replacement to get us in the play off positions, infact at the time of irvine leaving automatic was still on the cards. Anyway many names were bandied about and we end up with megson, not my personal choice, but at the time I went along with it thinking we coud do a lot worse. Truth is we are now far worse, I know its not his team, but these players did at least show some potential under irvine, not enough I might add but the situation caused by megsons bullying attitude is probably beyond repair now. I think he as to go and quickly, he appears to be a nasty individual and quite frankly the Wednesday dont need it ( he would be more suited down the lane with those scrubbers) we are a family club, we have a strong reputation to maintain and need to be better represented at management level than we are with megson.

There i`ve said it, megson out.............not sure who could help us now though

Guest Big Guns

It's not about what he's done, that's in the past. It's all about what he's going to do.

wots that then take us into division 4

wots that then take us into division 4

so big guns,,have you finished "biting your tongue"

i know you will never admit it,but ca you see now why i was so gutted that irvine left?

he was doing a hard job,under all the change,,and since hes gone,our season has fallen apart under megson

you didnt think it could get any worse,well it did,it has,and we are paying the price

Guest Big Guns

so big guns,,have you finished "biting your tongue"

i know you will never admit it,but ca you see now why i was so gutted that irvine left?

he was doing a hard job,under all the change,,and since hes gone,our season has fallen apart under megson

you didnt think it could get any worse,well it did,it has,and we are paying the price

yes the tongue biting is over ,i still think irvine was totaly the wrong man 4 the job,but megson is worst than irvine ,your right i didnt think it was possible to get any worse,but flip me it has ,we need a positive minded manager not these negative ones like irvine and megson.

If we don't survive this season and drop to the 4th tier for the first time in our history... he should go, however, if we survive he should be given time to assemble his own squad of players. It is clear some of our squad don't want to fight or battle their hearts out for us and we just need to get to the Summer, get shot of these players and let Megson assemble his own squad. I still believe if he's given time to do this, he'll assemble a team with at the very least players who want to play for Wednesday and have the right attitude. The results will follow after that.Megson inPlayers out

This.

I'm usually against whole sale clear outs as a new squad inevitably takes time to reach its potential but its clear in our case that something has happened to this group of players that had stopped them performing anywhere near their modest ability levels. Whatever it is happened long before Megson took charge. It may just be a complete and utter capitulation of confidence throughout the whole squad, or it may be some behind the scenes thing that Megson has alluded too. Either way I feel many of these players are too psychologically affected to suddenly turn themselves into match winners as our team stands. We need fresh blood who haven't been infected with this awful, awful season. Assuming we stay up Megson needs a fair crack of the whip with his own players. I honestly don't think anyone we could have realistically appointed would have done significantly better than Megson has done so far.

That said I believe in the longterm, once he's got an understanding of the squad he will make the right decisions and move us forwards.

Not true at all, he was met with optimism generally and has inherited a posioned chalice.

At last. Someone talking sense.

Surprised at you Big Guns. Didn't have you down as a bottler.