andy pearce

i work in construction and got to site 2day down in farnborough,and he was my site supervisor...had a good old chat about the old days.really nice guy

Funny that my dads on the same site! Paul from P+G installations

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Yeah, I remember that. He, Jones, was knocking Graham Hyde around in the tunnel after a game and after our Andy found out about it he went knocking on the visitors dressing room door.

I remember the first time Coventry played at Hillsborough after they had sold us Pearce, they were singing -

You've bought Andy Pearce

You've bought Andy Pearce

You daft barstewards

You daft barstewards

You've bought Andy Pearce.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest BigDave

Will never forget his 3 in 3 run, the 1 against the pigs when we won 3-1 mega

The flipping kop still hasn't stopped bouncing from that day

Guest DICKO

Will never forget his 3 in 3 run, the 1 against the pigs when we won 3-1 mega

The flipping kop still hasn't stopped bouncing from that day

The good old days when the kop sung, i'll never forget the atmosphere that day on the kop easily the best since they put the seats in

He might not have been the skillfullest defender we ever had but i'd have him in my starting eleven now, think he'd knock a few egos about

Guest BigDave

The good old days when the kop sung, i'll never forget the atmosphere that day on the kop easily the best since they put the seats in

He might not have been the skillfullest defender we ever had but i'd have him in my starting eleven now, think he'd knock a few egos about

Probably the 2nd best atmosphere in post seated Hillsborough, only beaten by the atmosphere at the Kaiserslautern game

Andy Pearce was a cult hero - and rightly so!

Yes he was far from the best player in the squad - but he had something that todays shower can't even comprehend - the guy had real heart and a desire to win.

When he scored the third of the three goal sequence I was on the back of the North stand - banging on the roof has three sides of the ground chanted "Andy Pearce........" Talking of atmosphere at Hillsborough, there are three stand up games for me.....

Weds 3 - 1 Utd - the afore mentioned Andy Pearce game.

Yes the Kisersauten was immense

But the top for me, and probably never ever to be beaten, was the last 10 mins of the 1991 league cup semi final against Chelsea. At the point when we realised that the dream of a wembley final (for the first time in 20 odd years) was reality will never be forgotten and when Paul Williams scored in the last few minutes, simply amazing!

Guest DICKO

Andy Pearce was a cult hero - and rightly so!

Yes he was far from the best player in the squad - but he had something that todays shower can't even comprehend - the guy had real heart and a desire to win.

When he scored the third of the three goal sequence I was on the back of the North stand - banging on the roof has three sides of the ground chanted "Andy Pearce........" Talking of atmosphere at Hillsborough, there are three stand up games for me.....

Weds 3 - 1 Utd - the afore mentioned Andy Pearce game.

Yes the Kisersauten was immense

But the top for me, and probably never ever to be beaten, was the last 10 mins of the 1991 league cup semi final against Chelsea. At the point when we realised that the dream of a wembley final (for the first time in 20 odd years) was reality will never be forgotten and when Paul Williams scored in the last few minutes, simply amazing!

To true Chelsea was the best stood on the kop with my dad and uncle seeing them sing and celebrate and seeing what seemed loads of old blokes just hugging was amazing i was only 13 at the time and remembered an old bloke telling me to enjoy it because we dont get many nights like this

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Probably the 2nd best atmosphere in post seated Hillsborough, only beaten by the atmosphere at the Kaiserslautern game

Hillsborough wasn't seated then was it, I remember it being after 92/93 although I could be wrong.

BTW atmospheres were great, all without the band. Everyone singing, not being played over.