Signings Today

Can't see any signings today as players will either be cup tied or their clubs wont want them cup tied

We've got a game on Tuesday, better to get them in now and let them have a couple of days with their new team mates than leave it to the last minute.

That said, if they watch the game tomorrow they might change their minds about coming!

We do have a game against Peterborough and I think this is key. For all the chairmans public support he's probably reluctant to commit any more funds before seeing the results of the next two matches. Lose the next to matches and the manager will surely be gone.

We do have a game against Peterborough and I think this is key. For all the chairmans public support he's probably reluctant to commit any more funds before seeing the results of the next two matches. Lose the next to matches and the manager will surely be gone.

be too late then, Pboro game is after transfer window

I would be surprised with any more permanent transfers given the potential manager situation- a couple of players that Mandaric knows/likes would probably be what we are lookign at between now and the end of the season- keep them here irrespective of who the manager is.

Guest Distraught!

looks like hughes is a non starter as they havnt even enquired about him.

That does usually put a spanner in the works!

But you seem to contradict the post above from "the gaffer".

Irvine is quoted as saying, his wages will be too high, hes a good player, and he knows his dad from his Everton days, but cant afford him, so he wont be joining.

We desperately need a CM, I wouldnt mind Cook, but hes played 1 game in last 18 months, so itll take him best part of 6 weeks to get fully fit & upto Speed.

Guest Distraught!

Irvine is quoted as saying, his wages will be too high, hes a good player, and he knows his dad from his Everton days, but cant afford him, so he wont be joining.

We desperately need a CM, I wouldnt mind Cook, but hes played 1 game in last 18 months, so itll take him best part of 6 weeks to get fully fit & upto Speed.

That puts a different slant on it!

Your first post seems to suggest negotiations have broken down over salary. The second post suggests that contact may not have taken place as Irvine knows he wouldn't be able to meet the wage demands.

So my apologies, Mr Bottom!

Do you think there will be any?

Also how pleased would you be if we brought in Lee Cook and Richard Hughes as has been mooted by the end of the day?

As daft as this sounds [and yes folk will jump down my nexk] I'd have some one like Robbie Savage in on a short term deal for rest of this season and next.

Reason: Our midfield needs some bite and a bit of a fighting spirit in it. Someone who would come in, do lots of shouting motivating and really annoy the opposition. I'd even make him captain as it would give us that element we miss in the middle of the park, No one to get stuck in and shake the flipping team up.

I shall sit back await the biting off of my head for suggesting it...lol

Edited by Glenn59

Nothing wrong with Savage as a player - again way better than anything we have in centre midfield and a good player to have on board

For some reasons he pushes the wrong buttons for too many fans so i imagine there would be some resistance to him signing

Not from me though - i'd welcome it

Nothing wrong with Savage as a player - again way better than anything we have in centre midfield and a good player to have on board

For some reasons he pushes the wrong buttons for too many fans so i imagine there would be some resistance to him signing

Not from me though - i'd welcome it

Not just better than everything we already have in midfield, but the sort of character our dressing room needs atm