Took a day to calm down...

That...last night was bloody laughable..it was so fvckin' bad at one bit it was bordering on entertainment ..of a comic sort of nature...

Spurr crossing from one side...against 9 men with no-one in front of him to block it......over everybody....to Johnson on the other side....crossing over everybody to Spurr...who returned the favour...this went on for near on 15 bleedin' minutes...Our new 12 ft striker was mainly stood next to Spurr watching him cross....you mighta thought he would be better served in the middle...Teale was off...Why?

Heffernan did not start....Why?

It does not need a bloody coaching badge to realise we were all over the place.....giving silly free kicks away in areas we showed last week we can't defend......referees falling over...players vomiting, coins thrown..inarticulate shouts from all areas of the ground and hands clutching heads in parodies of that "Scream" Wotsit, by that Munch bloke...

I honestly was swept between laughing me fvckin' head off and screaming at the moon...I was knackered when i got home...I went straight to bed like a Victorian woman with the soddin' vapours....It was not football that Alan..It was Keystone cops caperin'....

Edited by asteener1867

I was shaking last night when I left the game, I had no voice left and have never been so angry at a football match in my 20 years of watching Wednesday! Last night was the straw that broke my back. I will turn up and support the team and just watch it as a 3rd party who has no vested interest because I can't possibly expend as much emotion in another game as I did last night or I will cut 15 years off my life expectancy. I thought I had actually burst a blood vessel in my eye at one point. I would have loved to have walked on the pitch at the end, collected the ball, walked up to the goal and just smashed the rumbleer into the net and walked off.

Just not bothered...

I was shaking last night when I left the game, I had no voice left and have never been so angry at a football match in my 20 years of watching Wednesday! Last night was the straw that broke my back. I will turn up and support the team and just watch it as a 3rd party who has no vested interest because I can't possibly expend as much emotion in another game as I did last night or I will cut 15 years off my life expectancy. I thought I had actually burst a blood vessel in my eye at one point. I would have loved to have walked on the pitch at the end, collected the ball, walked up to the goal and just smashed the rumbleer into the net and walked off.

No you won't mate...ive tried that..it lasts about a fvckin' minute :biggrin:

Couldnt agree more it was one of the more entertaining games ive seen in a while for all the wrong reasons spurr must be the worst right back ive ever seen you wouldnt ask him to play right back if you were having a game on park.

Ive been watching wednesday for about 25 years now and last night was just completely emotionlesss for me Im just past caring didnt really celebrate our goals laughed when theres went in. Im amazed hes not been sacked .

Guest Willyowl

I wasn't at the game last night (i know part timer etc.)

Listening on the player was horrific, the silence when Yeovil went ahead was deafening.

I see yesterday's result on a par with the Exeter defeat and the Orient thrashing - well up there in terms of the LOWEST this club has ever sunk. 4 strikers on the pitch against 9 men of a flipping division 3 relegation team and still we couldn't flipping win. utterly disgraceful

No you won't mate...ive tried that..it lasts about a fvckin' minute :biggrin:

:laugh:

I was determined that if Irvine wasn't sacked after Orient that I wouldn't go against Hereford. At last night's game v Yeovil, I told my son If Manderic doesn't sack Irvine after that performance, then I'm definately not going against Hereford.

I Heard on RS that MM was still fully behind Irvine, and decided I couldn't stay away, so I went down and bought tickets. I've only myself to blame.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

That...last night was bloody laughable..it was so fvckin' bad at one bit it was bordering on entertainment ..of a comic sort of nature...

Spurr crossing from one side...against 9 men with no-one in front of him to block it......over everybody....to Johnson on the other side....crossing over everybody to Spurr...who returned the favour...this went on for near on 15 bleedin'

minutes...Our new 12 ft striker was mainly stood next to Spurr watching him cross....you mighta thought he would be better served in the middle...Teale was off...Why?

It does not need a bloody coaching badge to realise we were all over the place.....giving silly free kicks away in areas we showed last week we can't defend......referees

falling over...players vomiting, coins thrown..inarticulate shouts from all areas of the ground and hands clutching heads in parodies of that "Scream" Wotsit, by that Munch bloke...

I honestly was swept between laughing me fvckin' head off and screaming at the moon...I was knackered when i got home...I went straight to bed like a Victorian woman with the soddin' vapours....It was not football that Alan..It was

Keystone cops caperin'....

Exactly how I felt mate. I know we wern't the only ones!

As for the Spurr and JJ crossing business, makes it all the more frustrating with Danny jones on the bench!

Clearly desperate putting 5 forwards on. Shame there was no thought behind it-no one could supply them

Shambles

Still fuming to be fair

:laugh:

I was determined that if Irvine wasn't sacked after Orient that I wouldn't go against Hereford. At last night's game v Yeovil, I told my son If Manderic doesn't sack Irvine after that performance, then I'm definately not going against Hereford.

I Heard on RS that MM was still fully behind Irvine, and decided I couldn't stay away, so I went down and bought tickets. I've only myself to blame.

I was like that after going to Leyton Orient. Said to my friend on the way back 'I'm not going to the Yeovil game after that'.

Two days later, phone call from a different friend who couldn't make Orient- 'Come on mate, I've got no-one to go with. We'll beat Yeovil.'

And I fell for it.

I was like that after going to Leyton Orient. Said to my friend on the way back 'I'm not going to the Yeovil game after that'.

Two days later, phone call from a different friend who couldn't make Orient- 'Come on mate, I've got no-one to go with. We'll beat Yeovil.'

And I fell for it.

It's like a religion, I keep telling myself no more, but come matchday I'm as excited as a kid whose just touched his first titty.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Last night was probably one of the most embarrassing shambles in recent memory. Our new signings all underperformed, JJ ran around like a headless chicken, trying to impress but failing to pop it in the net. Our best outfield player was substituted, the referree was increasingly on a different planet, the ball boys were rubbish, even our fans were throwing a ball back on the pitch during play and even Nicky W looked out of sorts. It was all round awful. The fact that our promotion hoping team failed to score against a 9 man Yeovil really sums it all up. So when we thought it could only start getting better - it gets even worse. I no longer have a clue about the solution - I fear that promotion this season has now gone.

Spurr crossing from one side...against 9 men with no-one in front of him to block it......over everybody....to Johnson on the other side....crossing over everybody to Spurr...who returned the favour...this went on for near on 15 bleedin' minutes...Our new 12 ft striker was mainly stood next to Spurr watching him cross....you mighta thought he would be better served in the middle...Teale was off...Why?

It does not need a bloody coaching badge to realise we were all over the place.....giving silly free kicks away in areas we showed last week we can't defend......referees falling over...players vomiting, coins thrown..inarticulate shouts from all areas of the ground and hands clutching heads in parodies of that "Scream" Wotsit, by that Munch bloke...

I honestly was swept between laughing me fvckin' head off and screaming at the moon...I was knackered when i got home...I went straight to bed like a Victorian woman with the soddin' vapours....It was not football that Alan..It was Keystone cops caperin'....

Oh I hear you brother!

Spurr did one of his attempted 'cross with the right foot moves' in the second half, with predictable results, and I must have been helpless with the giggles for 5 minutes.

There was another promising break towards the end of the first half, Potter , bizarrely, was on the right wing, Yeovil were back peddling, the 12ft striker was in the middle and dazzler looked up,saw he had time, and crossed the ball higher and harder than i could possibly hope to kick it, it went out for a throw on the south stand side almost near the centre circle..six of us burst out laughing at that one.

The point in which I shouted myself hoarse was the 10 minutes watching a centre half, playing at right back, being the focal point of every attack against 9 man Yeovil. 10 minutes it took before the 16 people in blue tracksuits on our bench decided that, yes, Sedgewick the right winger might be the better option in that role.

I feel sometimes I'm cracking up watching Wednesday, I'm on the verge of mild hysteria for large proportions of the game, even without Purse in defence.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I wrote the same summary this morning - not as eloquently mind - but the thread got pulled for some reason........ :huh: