Milan's quandary???

Has our chairman given himself a problem in allowing AI to spend in January as heavily (for a league one club) as he has?

If a new manager was to come in would he want the players signed by Irvine?

Would it be too late for the new man to stamp his own mark on the squad with less than a week left in the current window.

So does he stick or twist?

Surely he is feeling the pressure at the moment from all the fans regarding Irvine, so what does he do?

I know what we all want him to do!

At the end of the day MM paid a lot of money for this club and he isn't going to stand by and watch this inept Scot ruin any chance of possible promotion this season. He'll be fully aware of the supporters unrest with AI in charge too.

MM knows the score, AI is on borrowed time.

Not IF but WHEN - heres hoping the WHEN comes before tomorrow evening.

Edited by owlZfan84

is it possible they aren't his signings and he knows the writing is on the wall, that would explain the orient performance, he's lost interest

if that's the case we don't stand a chance tuesday with AI still here

with regard to his tenure

just a matter of time imho

I'm not so sure the signings have all been Irvine's doing anyway. I suspect MM has had his say.

agree here. from what i heard Milan signed a few of his own choice players at Leicester. I dont think Irvines had a great deal to do with the signings to be honest so i dont think that would affect his decision.

Guest Buxtonian

Amusing, and typical of wednesdaysupporters. What do we want? Success! When do we want it? YESTERDAY.

It seems a long time since MM took over. It is -TWO MONTHS!!! And during that two months, how many matches have we played? Seven!

I would venture to suggest that this is rather a short time to be sacking the manager. I would certainly criticise a Ruler who made a decision of such major importance so quickly.

I do not hold a thing about AI. I think he should, and will be replaced. But we have the advantage over MM in that we have suffered AI for longer., and I don't think that MM will make a move like this until he is almost certain he has a successor in place. he's too astute for that.

As supporters, we all seem to have put our faith in MM with his rescue of the club. Why not continue in that faith and leave it to him? I honestly think that he will move, but only when he gets the right man. This season seems to have gone by the board as regards promotion, and I think MM's planning is rather further than that. Leave it up to him, and do something that is almost completely alien to Wednesdayites - TRUST THE BOSS.

They are Irvine's signings IMO. Madine is the obvious one who is an Irvine signing. Reynolds too who said in his interview he knew Irvine wanted him for Preston too.

I doubt Milan would've got the credit blame had we signed Lee Hughes, and he doesn't get the blame for us not signing a midfielder yet, but we wnat to give him credit for the good ones. You can't have it both ways! :biggrin:

The money isn't the problem, some one posted the other week about how with the money for Tudgay and getting through to the next round of the FA Cup has covered the signings. Also Purse is now off the wage bill. Don't worry about that the 1st thing Milan did behind the scenes was replace Bob's magic calculator. :biggrin:

I wonder what AI's targets are now? If he was given the brief to rebuild the team in the transfer window surely MM's been in football long enough to know that could effect the performances in the short term. IMO we'll reach the play offs, lets not exaggerate our situation but is that enough for MM?

I'm not saying that MM is making the signings by himself but I do think he's having some input. I suspect he suggested Morrison to Irvine. MM will be happy with the playoffs but only if we win them.

That could very well be true, Irvine said because we have no scouting system in place, himself, his coaches, Milan and Paul Aldridge have all chipped in with names for the list he's worked from. But it's him that decides who he wants and checks them out before giving PA the go ahead to start negotiations. That's what I think anyway based on the various interviews I've seen since we started making these signings.

Tough decision for Mandaric. He would be ridiculed for backing the manager and then sacking him (not by our fans though!)

I think he'll let him off for Orient, it's obvious we missed Purse organising them for those set pieces and they were disrupted again at half time - the back 4 needs time to get organised unfortunately and with Buxton out again I imagine Reynolds will be coming in at centre half and MM going back to right back. They'll only get one day's training though.

That said, if we don't get a good result on Tuesday Mandaric may just explode and give him the boot. Otherwise he'll prob get til the end of January, then the new guy can use the loan market if needs be.

Amusing, and typical of wednesdaysupporters. What do we want? Success! When do we want it? YESTERDAY.

It seems a long time since MM took over. It is -TWO MONTHS!!! And during that two months, how many matches have we played? Seven!

I would venture to suggest that this is rather a short time to be sacking the manager. I would certainly criticise a Ruler who made a decision of such major importance so quickly.

I do not hold a thing about AI. I think he should, and will be replaced. But we have the advantage over MM in that we have suffered AI for longer., and I don't think that MM will make a move like this until he is almost certain he has a successor in place. he's too astute for that.

As supporters, we all seem to have put our faith in MM with his rescue of the club. Why not continue in that faith and leave it to him? I honestly think that he will move, but only when he gets the right man. This season seems to have gone by the board as regards promotion, and I think MM's planning is rather further than that. Leave it up to him, and do something that is almost completely alien to Wednesdayites - TRUST THE BOSS.

Won 2 out of those 7 games, one of which was in the FA Cup.

Lost 4 out of the 6 league games, 2 of which were in highly embarrassing and pathetic fashion at Exeter and Orient.

The club which has on paper the strongest squad in the division and aspirations of automatic promotion has slipped in that time from being one win off top spot to 12th in the table, 5 points outside even the playoffs.

Some would say that in itself is reason for getting rid, let alone the almost entire year we've suffered of his negativity and ineptitude.

Guest beauowl

Good points guys I posted last week and ill say again he's got six games with his new players,I believe he will resign if they lose against yeovil but they won't and then itl be on to the next game. Still believe hell be gone in six games time though. Gotta go for shezza then, and be realistic to push for a play off spot, forget auto promotion.let's walk before we can run..