Why today was the beginning of the end for Irvine

Whilst at Hillsborough you find the crowd can get on players backs a la Purse last week but very rarely do you get Wednesday fans who travel away doing this.

I've been at Highbury, Old Trafford, St. James Park (both of them) and many other grounds and seen us get tonked but never recall our fans shouting for the managers head as you find the away support will get behind the team through thick and thin.

Today i'd say the vast majority of our 2?350 travelling fans were singing for Allen to be sacked in the morning.

If we don't win on Tuesday surely that must seal Mr Irvine's fate!!!

Guest domSWFC

If he's not already gone by Tuesday, a loss then and he's shown the door... Hopefully.

He was brought in to keep us up and failed. His negative tactics we meant to help us grind out wins and stay up but it didn't work. We have an attacking threat to scare any defence in the league if we had a manage with the balls to utilise it.

We need a manager that is going to get us playing the football that is going to get us out of this league. We need to be playing football that us loyal fans deserve to see after all the years of drivel we have had to endure.

UTO!

I'll be devastated if he's still manager by Tuesday. However, if he is, and we win against Yeovil, then what? We continue with a man who is so fundamentally wrong in his approach to every aspect to management that we are doomed to failure with him. This is why he has to be sacked before the next game.

Guest arobert

Great post CB31 in my view:

"We continue with a man who is so fundamentally wrong in his approach to every aspect to management that we are doomed to failure with him. This is why he has to be sacked before the next game."

Also for those lucky enough not to have been at Leyton Orient yesterday the chants of "You're getting sacked in the morning" started after the third goal and again after the fourth goal. Everybody around us was singing to get Irvine out.

Amazingly the score could have been even worse as Weaver made two fantastic saves or we could easily have been looking at a 6-0 or 7-0 defeat.

It is vital that he goes before the Yeovil game.

Perhaps without us knowing it,AI has the power of hypnosis.

The only explanation i can think of for MM not showing him the door.

The defence of our beloved highly badged leader is now becoming indefensible whatever your stance.

He needs to be gone.............now.

Edited by owlsdreamer

15k tues with a good chance of things turning ugly if we go a goal down.

Time to get a positive thinking manager who can motivate both players and fans.

This will be the killer.

When MM sits down ina stadium that's just over a 3rd full to watch us Play Yeovil and the only sound he hears is the muffled din of discontent he'll realise it's time.

Even a narrow win V Yeovil might not be enough.

I hope he gets rid of HW as well. He's not needed and is just clouding the issue.

Get rid of them both. NP, AI and HW gone within a fortnight. Ideally get a new boss in before Tuesday whilst expectation for tghis season is at its lowest point. At least then the presuure's off slightly for a while.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Guest starrydave

Has your view on Irvine changed?

I've noticed over the last week you have been one of his defenders.

...? I wrote a long thread weeks ago about how he was a good coach but a poor manager. Weeks before that I did say we should give him a chance as it looked like he was taking a more attacking mentality (during winning streak). He used that chance weeks ago as far as I'm concerned.