No Heffernan

Lets face it - Madine knocks in a couple of goals today and it's going to be "Heffernan who?"

If we hadn't of signed Madine AND Heff was still on the bench, then I would have been pissed off, but as it is, I'm looking forward to how the new guy plays.

I don't care if Madine gets 3, Heff still deserves too start and there's no reason why it couldn't be Heff & Madine upfront.

WTF has Irvine lost his mind? He should have at least put Reynolds on the bench :angry:

We signed him while he was recovering from a hamstring strain, Although Irvine did seem to think he'd be fit in time for this match.

While I'm obviously disappointed for Heffernan, I think it's an excellent sign in regards to the abilities of Madine if he's already deemed good enough to start before Heffornan and Mellor. I think that's great news as I didn't really know anything about the player, or whether he was only brought in as someone for the future.

Lets face it - Madine knocks in a couple of goals today and it's going to be "Heffernan who?"

If we hadn't of signed Madine AND Heff was still on the bench, then I would have been pissed off, but as it is, I'm looking forward to how the new guy plays.

you have to look in all directions, madine will bring an aspect to our game that we have been short of for some time, mellor and morrison are similar in styles (though mellor can still move about, although slowly), and heffernan has a bit more nous, a bit more movement about him than the other two...

If the question is Mellor vs Heff, then I'd choose Heff. If it's Heff vs Morrison, I'd choose Morrison. Which is prob why it's Madine and Morrison upfront.

I fully understand the arguement that you play your new signing and I believe that Heffernan deserves a chance. Morrison is the best striker at the club and we have left our top scorer out! Jesus its nice to have these problems!!!

Guest Sheff Owl

Fell so sorry for Heffernan...Irvines treatment of him is nothing but a disgrace.

Everyone else in the squad has had a chance (well apart from Hinds).

Nothing against Madine - great for the lad that he has a start and lets hope he gets a goal or 2.

Mellor will get on the pitch before Heffernan today, be lucky if Heffernan gets on the pitch.

Irvine must really not like Heffernan.

It would be handy if a certain Radio Station started to push Irvine on what exactly is the problem is with heffernan..then we all might get a better idea of what the flipping hell is going on.

It's what happens apparently in professional football...... you are the best player the week before, so you find yourself of the bench.

Madine allows us just to boot the ball forward and give it a good hoof tho.

PS: why no JJ as well.... ? Sedgwick was totally ineffective last time out.....

It's what happens apparently in professional football...... you are the best player the week before, so you find yourself of the bench.

Madine allows us just to boot the ball forward and give it a good hoof tho.

Quality delivery for Morrisons goal.

Sedgwick looked like one of our best players in the second half I thought, he was actually creating some space and getting some really good crosses in - probably helped by the fact they'd moved extra players over to watch Johnson on the other side though.

Fell so sorry for Heffernan...Irvines treatment of him is nothing but a disgrace.

Everyone else in the squad has had a chance (well apart from Hinds).

Nothing against Madine - great for the lad that he has a start and lets hope he gets a goal or 2.

Mellor will get on the pitch before Heffernan today, be lucky if Heffernan gets on the pitch.

Irvine must really not like Heffernan.

It would be handy if a certain Radio Station started to push Irvine on what exactly is the problem is with heffernan..then we all might get a better idea of what the flipping hell is going on.

Thought they had. And he responded by saying, when Heffernan has had his chance, he hasn't taken it.

Extremely unfair. The arrogance of Irvine, to sign a player like Heffernan (when we couldn't afford to pay the bloody tax man!) and then to not even play the lad is staggering.

From what I've heard, Heffernan is off at the end of January. Carlisle have first option on him, and Bristol Rovers are interested. It'll be a real shame, because Mellor, Morrison and Madine don't offer any of Heffernan's strengths. He's a striker that differs from the rest. Unfortunately, he's a footballer, and we know Irvine doesn't like the idea of that game.

Guest Sheff Owl

Thought they had. And he responded by saying, when Heffernan has had his chance, he hasn't taken it.

Extremely unfair. The arrogance of Irvine, to sign a player like Heffernan (when we couldn't afford to pay the bloody tax man!) and then to not even play the lad is staggering.

From what I've heard, Heffernan is off at the end of January. Carlisle have first option on him, and Bristol Rovers are interested. It'll be a real shame, because Mellor, Morrison and Madine don't offer any of Heffernan's strengths. He's a striker that differs from the rest. Unfortunately, he's a footballer, and we know Irvine doesn't like the idea of that game.

Well that was part of the answer that also had he has not scored. Yet failed to push Irvine on the matter just accepted the stupid answer.

Yet RS never pushed Irvine on this, since they asked that nothing since has really been asked - does it mean Heffernan had once chance and that's it now he does not get another one?

I mean other people have had bad games in the squad yet continued to play games. It just seems so unfair.