Hughes deal dead

Guest bairy hollocks

Guest MARKOWLS

If Lee Hughes came to Hillsborough and scored week in week out, and gave his all for the cause, Wednesday fans would lap it up and regard him as a legend.

There are a few on here that have taken the moral high ground, fair play to them, but what they forget is that we're a business in a competitive industry...we need players to score us goals, we need players to make us successful. If Lee Hughes is someone that can help us to gain promotion, i would support him.

well said big dan and you know what you are 100% correct, see my earlier post.. i call them 2 faced fkrs, can see it now, him bangin in the goals that take us up, last match ov season needing a win for second spot, hughes scores in 89th minute and these 2 faced fkrs wouldnt cheer???? personally i think its more mandaric callin the shots on this one, at 34 hes not what we want in the long run but if he could take us up then??? thats wwhat i think hes thinking...........UTO

Judging by the hysterics it has caused on here alone, it would be a bad move.

We don't need all the baggage that comes with him and the trouble it would cause with fans saying they will stay away etc.

He is a good player though and he would get us goals....also he has had many years out of the game so his body could well be in decent fettle for a 34 yr old.

Guest MARKOWLS

He ran away and left someone to die, bet you would'nt be saying the same if it was your family member tut tut.

ZAK DO YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD??? EVER BEEN IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF TROUBLE??? IF YOU HAVE DONT GO TO HILLSBOROUGH AGAIN I DONT WANT TO BE IN THE SAME GROUND AS YOU .........................FFS

Guest MARKOWLS

Judging by the hysterics it has caused on here alone, it would be a bad move.

We don't need all the baggage that comes with him and the trouble it would cause with fans saying they will stay away etc.

He is a good player though and he would get us goals....also he has had many years out of the game so his body could well be in decent fettle for a 34 yr old.

beholder just because this shower are kicking off at the hughes interest doesnt mean there word is god, these are a small minority, takin the moral high ground, if he scored the goals they would cheer him fact..............................

ZAK DO YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD??? EVER BEEN IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF TROUBLE??? IF YOU HAVE DONT GO TO HILLSBOROUGH AGAIN I DONT WANT TO BE IN THE SAME GROUND AS YOU .........................FFS

So are you saying ANYONE with a criminal record is in exactly the same position?

You're saying that someone guilty of petty theft is just as bad a person as someone who caused death by dangerous driving, fled the scene, and has appeared remorseless ever since?

Get a grip of yourself.

beholder just because this shower are kicking off at the hughes interest doesnt mean there word is god, these are a small minority, takin the moral high ground, if he scored the goals they would cheer him fact..............................

I would say a minority is 49% or less.

I would say a small minority is probably 10% or less.

In the poll on this forum, 76% of fans don't want him here simply because of his past.

Is 76% a small minority?

I can assure you 100% I would not be cheering his name if he ever signed for this club.

I would but alot of people genuinely detest the bloke and, well you have to consider them aswell.

I don't know if he is worth the aggro it would cause.

If Lee Hughes came to Hillsborough and scored week in week out, and gave his all for the cause, Wednesday fans would lap it up and regard him as a legend.

well said big dan and you know what you are 100% correct, see my earlier post.. i call them 2 faced fkrs,

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=144151&st=0

Would you be ok with Wednesday signing Lee Hughes?

Yes (83 votes [24.34%])

Percentage of vote: 24.34%

No (258 votes [75.66%])

Deluded. They must be used to Zimbabwe's voting system; 'a quarter of the votes mean I win'.

Guest MARKOWLS

I would say a minority is 49% or less.

I would say a small minority is probably 10% or less.

In the poll on this forum, 76% of fans don't want him here simply because of his past.

Is 76% a small minority?

I can assure you 100% I would not be cheering his name if he ever signed for this club.

76% of fans on here is not 76% of fans of sheffield wednesday lets get that right,users of owls talk are a small minority who sit on here almost 24/7, i somtimes get sucked in hence im here now, owlstalk does not speak for the vast sheffield wednesday fan population get that into your head........ffs

Thank god for that, I don't want that thug anywhere near Hillsborough.

Im still shocked that Irvine considered it, especially when you throw in footballing factors too (enough good strikers already, old, lower div player etc)!

Sorry Irvine but that statement about thorough background checks on players has been made a mockery, we sign Madine who has have past problems and now want Hughes!? Either Irvine's getting completely wrong information when doing these checks or he has a twisted idea on who's a good character...

76% of fans on here is not 76% of fans of sheffield wednesday lets get that right,users of owls talk are a small minority who sit on here almost 24/7, i somtimes get sucked in hence im here now, owlstalk does not speak for the vast sheffield wednesday fan population get that into your head........ffs

Since you accuse Owlstalk users of 'sitting on here almost 24/7', would you fit yourself into that bracket, since you are an Owlstalk user?

A poll on here is about as good a feeling of Wednesday fans opinions as you're going to get short of asking every man at every game what they think.

Even if an online poll wouldn't be fully representative of a whole fan base, it wouldn't be far off.

If 76% of online supporters are saying they don't want him here, I reckon the offline supporters' figure wouldn't be far off - maybe 5% either way, but nowhere near 90% would approve his signing - that would be a swing in opinion of 66%, just based on whether you're an Owlstalk member or not.

Not having it.

Edited by KivoOwl

Doesn't Owlstalk have more registered members than Wednesday got at our last home game? :biggrin:

Guest Distraught!

Still think it'll happen.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Your life must be a barrel of fun!

Can't you ever look at things optimistically?

I bet when you were a kid, you used to sit there and think I can't be bothered to write a letter to Santa because I might be dead by Christmas!

He ain't coming to Hillsborough so we can give up fookin' worrying about him.

Leave him to rot at Notts County.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

At least the saints on this site will be happy now...

If by 'Saints' you mean people with A) a moral compass and B) a football brain then you are right...'they' will be happy.

Hughes just didn't top up a few penalty points on his licence, or get involved in a nightclub brawl ...he killed somebody through his own recklessness . Yes he has served his time and may be a reformed character, but that doesn't mean I am going to sit in the stands cheering him, no matter what he does on the pitch.

More practically, we just don't need him. We have three very decent strikers for this level; an up and coming youngster and an ' enigmatic' winger that can fill in if we are desperate.

An absolute senseless signing that can only cause disruption within the fan base and the dressing room.

Edited by Bannofan