Two more on the way

On his day yes, but I think its a good quality for any central midfielder to have a bit of energy and presence. I'm sick of static central midfielders so ideally I'd like both of them to be able to get up and down and get a foot in.

I'd say that one of Coke's strengths is he has a good energy about him and can get round the pitch quickly. He for me is the best player at the club. Good going forward and can get stuck in. Coke when fit is first on the team sheet for me. I'd like to see him and Miller play together because they are both able to read the game well and would work in tandem together, one goes other stays. Both could do the defensive side of things, both are equally good going forward!

A comment on that Star article:

Forget the current position of the team....if anyone asked me pre-season. Would you take another year in League 1 if you could Clear the boardroom, takover complete and rebuild with solid young players I would have snapped their hands off.

I'm finding it hard to disagree with that to be honest.

That on it's own is better than promotion at the first attempt, by a long distance. Hopefully we can still achieve both though.

A comment on that Star article:

I'm finding it hard to disagree with that to be honest.

That on it's own is better than promotion at the first attempt, by a long distance. Hopefully we can still achieve both though.

Aye, it's a compelling statement, but as things stand I don't see why we should have to stay in this division beyond this season.

Missing out on promotion wouldn't be a disaster, but it certainly won't be much of a benefit to us either.

I'd say that one of Coke's strengths is he has a good energy about him and can get round the pitch quickly. He for me is the best player at the club. Good going forward and can get stuck in. Coke when fit is first on the team sheet for me. I'd like to see him and Miller play together because they are both able to read the game well and would work in tandem together, one goes other stays. Both could do the defensive side of things, both are equally good going forward!

Seems a bit harsh getting a -1 for this...

Haven't we already got one of the best box to box midfielders in the division - Giles Coke?

If we're bringing in a central midfielder, it has to be a physically imposing, strong tackler to complement him.

Des Walker :wub:

Mick Lyons :wub:

Got to be like people have said a big centre midfielder who can get from box to box break up play and let the other midfielders create chances. The other player has to be a winger with pace coz jj is too inconsistant and will prob be off in summer as well

Guest macs1981

I hope we try and get Ryan Harley, he can play just as well in front of the defence or behind the strikers. Out of contract at the end of the season, just need to fight off Brighton for him.

I hope we try and get Ryan Harley, he can play just as well in front of the defence or behind the strikers. Out of contract at the end of the season, just need to fight off Brighton for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few Championship clubs are sniffing round him to be honest. He won't be going to Brighton.

Rumour has it that Colin wants him down at QPR. I'd love to sign him up, but I can't see it myself.

Championship bound.

agree, he's a player i'd like to see us try and sign at least.

Guest macs1981

We are championship bound!!! :blush:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few Championship clubs are sniffing round him to be honest. He won't be going to Brighton.

Rumour has it that Colin wants him down at QPR. I'd love to sign him up, but I can't see it myself.

Championship bound.

Guest macs1981

Also before the Exeter game, in the local paper down here had an interview (a boring one) with AI and he was highlighting Harleys threat, so he is obviously a player he rates and is availible.....for the right price! I wouldnt be dissapoionted if we spent out on him, all the Exeter fans think he is good enough for the prem. Not that they know!! :laugh:

Also before the Exeter game, in the local paper down here had an interview (a boring one) with AI and he was highlighting Harleys threat, so he is obviously a player he rates and is availible.....for the right price! I wouldnt be dissapoionted if we spent out on him, all the Exeter fans think he is good enough for the prem. Not that they know!! :laugh:

If we were to try and sign every player Irvine thinks is a threat to us we'd be skint within a week.

Guest Stereophonics

He is someone that I have been aware of for a long time lol

Are there any other sorts of interview with Irvine?