Two more on the way

Guest Willyowl

Coke & Miller are adequate in the middle but Irvine never plays them together. And injuries would bring Potter and JOC back in....we definitely need some cover at least!

Energetic box to box midfielder and a creative winger would do well.

I'm really not that keen on Matt Richards.

Coke has the potential to be a box to box player, I would prefer we sign a midfield general type, someone like Shaun Derry would do fine.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Energetic box to box midfielder and a creative winger would do well.

I'm really not that keen on Matt Richards.

Haven't we already got one of the best box to box midfielders in the division - Giles Coke?

If we're bringing in a central midfielder, it has to be a physically imposing, strong tackler to complement him.

Coke has the potential to be a box to box player, I would prefer we sign a midfield general type, someone like Shaun Derry would do fine.

On his day yes, but I think its a good quality for any central midfielder to have a bit of energy and presence. I'm sick of static central midfielders so ideally I'd like both of them to be able to get up and down and get a foot in.

On his day yes, but I think its a good quality for any central midfielder to have a bit of energy and presence. I'm sick of static central midfielders so ideally I'd like both of them to be able to get up and down and get a foot in.

I agree to a certain extent, the problem is one central midfield player always has to hold, while the other is pushing forward, you can't have both pushing at the same time, so they would have to be disciplined, when one goes, one stays etc. Doing this with Coke will limit his game a bit, for that reason I would prefer a tough tackling Shaun Derry type to complement a Giles Coke.

Of the four central midfield players we have, Coke, Miller and JOC all like to be able to get forward, they lack the discipline to play a holding position. The only central midfield player we have who is disciplined enough to hold central midfield is Potter, he will sit in midfield and hold his position all day long, this is why both Laws and Irvine loved him, but unfortunately he doesn't possess either the tackle or the prescence to make the position work. JOC will run around and try to put tackles in, but he doesn't press the ball enough, he always looks busy, but if you watch him, his starting position is often poor, he gives the opposition too much space, he will hurry the opposition but he doesn't win many tackles.

I haven't seen enough of Liam Palmer yet to form an opinion, but in any case, I would hope for a more experienced player to play this position. If we get the right player in, it would transform this team.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Potter frustrates me but only because he has the ability to be a good player but does not seem to have the character or the bottle.

Every team has a player whose job it is to retain possession and more often than not this means passing it sideways .

I don't have a problem with Potter doing this most of time but he does it too often when more progressive balls are on, often giving it to the full back to try and make a forward pass (hoof) . He also does not demand the ball enough nor take the responsibility to drive the team forward.

Hence he turns into a luxury player.

JOC has no ability, contributes nothing. I know this is harsh as his last two games have been the best he has played for us for a while but he is not good enough.

Personally, I'm looking forward to re-assessing a few of our players in the light of this crop of signings.

Though I'm expecting a number of these players (Spurr, Beevers, Potter, O'Connor) to only be squad players from now, I do wonder if playing in what is hopefully going to be a better and more successful team will allow them to improve their own performances.

We've all seen these players have very good games for us before after all.