Miller

Guest bartos

Penalty aside thought he was well out of sorts today, struggling to get around the pitch and therefore we lacked options when he could have been one.

I always thought mobility was his weakness, probably not helped by recent injuries

Do people think he just needs resting (despite our lack of games recently) or is he genuinely approaching the end of his career? When is his contract up?

Guest Saturday Owl

Miller is the best midfielder we have.

He's the only one besides Coke who puts a foot in unlike the rest, why release him when he scores at this level?

One bad game doesn't mean we should release him. BE FAIR :biggrin:

Guest starrydave

I thought he had an average game to be honest - nothing to get on his back about!

JOC was the big problem in midfield - once again bombing forward, forcing miller to stay deep!

Ive always been a big miller fan throughout all the time hes been at the club, inbetween all the injuries hes always had glimpses of quality but hes been poor in whats his first uninterrupted run in the team. You cant afford to have center midfielders who arent very mobile and unfortunately coke aside all our midfielders are slowly and constantly behind play a new cm has to be our next priority after a new manager.

Although he shows moments of higher level class I think his general contribution to us is overrated. He is a key part of our midfield getting overrun regularly.

Predicted the penalty miss today, he looked very nervy before hand. That says a lot for someone as skilled at penalty taking as he is.

Charlton absolutely took the wee wee out of our central midfield for the first half hour. Miller did look off the pace and wasn't helped by O'Connor constantly leaving him on his own.

I still want to see Miller play alongside Coke though- they are our two best central midfielders and i don't recall them starting a game together.

i struggle to ever see what Miller brings to the side, hes slow, easily over run by opponents, doesnt beat a man, defensively poor. apart from creating the odd chance i really cant see what he adds to our team.

From that description he sounds like Darr... no I wouldn't go that far.

There is no doubt in my mind that we need 2 new central midfield players. Coke is out injured and as much as i like him, he may be injury prone. Miller is knocking on a bit and missed a lot of games last season. Pansy Potter and JOC have had chance after chance and Potter should certainly be got rid of. So 2 new CM Potter out, keep Coke and grt rid of Miller or JOC. Personally i'd get rid of JOC, Miller has a bit more class about him than JOC

Charlton absolutely took the wee wee out of our central midfield for the first half hour. Miller did look off the pace and wasn't helped by O'Connor constantly leaving him on his own.

I still want to see Miller play alongside Coke though- they are our two best central midfielders and i don't recall them starting a game together.

Agree, they also completely overran our midfield down at the Valley.

That said, Charlton are awful, and we should have at least 4 points from them this season, instead we have 1.

They're best player for me, is Therry Racon, mentioned him before a few times, but he ran the game at the Valley, wasnt his best game today, but i think thats because they turned up for a draw, and found themselves 2-0 up without even trying, then played defensive for 70 minutes.

He has an engine in the centre of midfield, can carry the ball, pass it, and put a tackle in, contract up in the summer, sign him!!

Guest intercity0wl

Miller is the best midfielder we have.

He's the only one besides Coke who puts a foot in unlike the rest, why release him when he scores at this level?

One bad game doesn't mean we should release him. BE FAIR :biggrin:

Although I potentially am a big fan of Tommy he has failed to impress.

To be honest he has only had a couple of stand out games after coming back from injury.

Thought after Notts County away where he was outstanding he would kick on and tear this division apart. It's not happened and despite us all calling for him to go central it's not working. We look weak and unfortunately Tommy is partly to blame.

It would be good to see how he combines with a more energetic Coke at his side. Think it may be different.

But at the moment I would say Miller is not young enough quick enough or good enough.

Shame could have been quality.