fa cup 4th round who do we want

Guest James-The-Owl

Guest SpiderBoy

This is my first post so please be nice to me!

Wouldn't you rather face a Burton or Stevenage at home in the 4th round and progress to 5th round than face Chelsea or Man U and get beaten?

In a way yes, but unfortunately nothing is ever guaranteed - If we draw a 4th round 'banker' it is stil possible we might lose, or we could win but then end up with another Championship club in the 5th round who knock us out.

There's also the league to think of and playing cup games might be an unwelcome distraction (see Leeds last year).

So I would take Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea as 1st choice, but if not then I'd rather get a winnable game to give us another shot at the big boys next round than someone like Bolton.

Would still be good to get a big name at a packed Hillsborough, then it's win win. If we go out we get a shed load of cash and can concentrate on the league, if we win it's glory glory all the way.

I've got a feeling we will get a favourable draw on the next 2 rounds and make the last 8.

Quite happily take burton or Torquay in next, before one of the big boys, can't have it distracting The league challenge though.

I want Man Utd at home or away, doesn't really matter. We never get to play good teams in the cups, and playing against the likes of Man Utd in front of a full stadium will help me forget if just for a couple of hours that we're a league 1 team.

Plus, getting a replay could net a proper wedge of cash that could either be reinvested this season, or put towards next seasons wage budget.

Amen all this s##t about playing big clubs is nonsense winning breeds confidence not just that but pretty much every side in the league will have enjoyed some sort of cup run in the last 10 years we have been utter poo the club owe us a little cup run the draw is set up nicely for a few of us from this league with a decent home tie next.

We got to the league cup semi final within the last 10 years.

Guest SpiderBoy

Winning games can't hurt just breed confidence - being thumped away at one of the big boys wont help that (except for maybe a pay day thats all)

Cup runs didn't do us any harm in 1991 did it?

This is my first post so please be nice to me!

Wouldn't you rather face a Burton or Stevenage at home in the 4th round and progress to 5th round than face Chelsea or Man U and get beaten?

The best possible draw would have been Newcastle at home, guarneteed full house and a chance of beating them. Take Nolan out of that team and there average. Unfortunately Stevenage beat us to it

Although I've stated earlier in the thread that I would like Forest. It is uncanny how often teams get drawn against each other in cthe cups, so I'm going for an old adversary, we've had some battles in the cup in the past with Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Blackburn but I've a sneaking feeling we are going to get another old adversary, Everton.

So Everton, home or away will do nicely.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.