mark beevers

Fact remains that both Beevers and Spurr have had to play far too many games for their age, they should have had more experienced defenders around them, not playing alongside each other. The fault lies firmly with the managers we have had over the past few years. I would not be surprised if both of them left, went to clubs who now how to bring on their young players, remembering that they both have now played probably 100 plus games each, and become succesful players else where.

[/quot

But to be fair we were skint and had no better replacments

Fact remains that both Beevers and Spurr have had to play far too many games for their age, they should have had more experienced defenders around them, not playing alongside each other. The fault lies firmly with the managers we have had over the past few years. I would not be surprised if both of them left, went to clubs who now how to bring on their young players, remembering that they both have now played probably 100 plus games each, and become succesful players else where.

yeah i can see this happening too

but i hope not... I'd like to think we will begin to start developing youngsters properly.... after all we are looking to sign a bunch

lets be happy now that we have enough players to mix it up

It'll make life more interesting thats for sure

Both Beevers and Spurr are products of a youth development programme.

They are goodish footballers but, they are not street wise.

Their position in the team needs them to be more street wise ( harder ).

Years ago, Wednesday had a youth team in the Hatchard League, this was a league that consisted of guys from the steel mills, that were good footballers but, were also hard.

Players, like Fantham, Ford and Young, learned their trade there.

Where do the youngsters learn their trade now ?

Both Beevers and Spurr are products of a youth development programme.

They are goodish footballers but, they are not street wise.

Their position in the team needs them to be more street wise ( harder ).

Years ago, Wednesday had a youth team in the Hatchard League, this was a league that consisted of guys from the steel mills, that were good footballers but, were also hard.

Players, like Fantham, Ford and Young, learned their trade there.

Where do the youngsters learn their trade now ?

They need to tie there *****'s to radiators :st2:

Guest bigblue

Tommy Spurr was, is, and always will be a terrible terrible footballer. No amount of coaching could have made him good in any way - I'm afraid to say 'you can't polish a turd'

He reached his ceiling a couple of seasons ago. That's it, he ain't getting any better!

Tommy Spurr was, is, and always will be a terrible terrible footballer. No amount of coaching could have made him good in any way - I'm afraid to say 'you can't polish a turd'

He reached his ceiling a couple of seasons ago. That's it, he ain't getting any better!

Correct

He himself plays a great part in why the back line his poor. to be honest I cant believe Beevers is playing football. total and utter GASH. Hoof ball, liability with his head, very very weak and never closes players down! same with Spur.

wee wee my self laughing to think with have got M.Morrisson down to league 1 and Beevers may be off to Mboro. What a joke.

I have said this for years that beevers is poor when many on here rated him,he is at his peak now,which is not good enough

I totally agree with you 100%

If he does go to Mboro they will rue their decision

As you say Above

I think Beevers will not be in the side much for the rest of the season becaue I don't think AI will drop Purse. However Purse's contract will not be renewed and Beevers will have more opportunities to play next season. Back to the training ground for him and a much needed rest from the first team, Spurr could do with the same.

Another point Id like to make is I hope to see Morrison at CB not RB when enveryone is fit. He said himself on FH last night that he prefered position is CB.

Guest wincobankowl

It may not be the popular opinion (particularly on here), but Purse (despite his flaws) is a better player that Beevers.

Beevers (like Spurr) looked a terrific prospect when he appeared, but for whatever reason he has not improved at all (and neither has Spurr).

They both need proper competition for their places. Then its upto them to come out fighting and prove their worth.

At some point they have to stop being looked at as 'prospects' but judged on the here and now - On that basis neither are good enough.

Football is a cut-throat business and you get the impression that Beevers and Spurr are just too nice........

We've already signed Johnson and Morrison. If we sign Reynolds too then personally I can't see Beevers getting a look in. He will become a squad player at best.

I'd rather have the likes of Morrison and Reynolds in the defence anyway. Both better players than Purse and Beevers and both of a good age. This transfer window has been very exciting!

If Beevers got the opportunity to move then he should take it.

I'd like to see this lad reach his potential, but fear that he has become stale at Wednesday.

There is a good chance that he might find himself on the bench before too long (Purse should be dropped, but hey ho).

That would not only stagnate his development, but also knock what appears to be his fragile confidence.

Obviously depends if anyone comes in for him.

we havent seen either of these two play regularly yet, so lets not jump the gun. Beevers and wood was an alright centre back combination, the inclusion of purse seemed to coincide with our back four suddenly becoming shaky. I wonder whether beevers and spurr will improve once hes out the side?

Guest aj_owl

Johnson, Morrison and Buxton would all be in front of beevers at CB for me.

Kids not "crap" or "never been a footballer" but in terms of ability he is limited and always had been.

Beevers needs a spell on the sideline anyway .. make him buck his ideas up. same with Spurr

hey they are both young, still learning and being dropped is part and parcel of the experience of growing up as a football

eventually i'd hope that the new starting back five will be

GK:New Signing (Andy Lonergan)

RB:Morrison

CB:Buxton

CB:Rampage Johnson

LB:New Signing

Guest aj_owl

Thin lonergan would be a nice to have but not a need to have at the moment.

Weaver looks good for 2-3 seasons to me.

We need to sort 2 midfield players for me someone creative and someone tough.

Beevers needs a spell on the sideline anyway .. make him buck his ideas up. same with Spurr

hey they are both young, still learning and being dropped is part and parcel of the experience of growing up as a football

eventually i'd hope that the new starting back five will be

GK:New Signing (Andy Lonergan)

RB:Morrison

CB:Buxton

CB:Rampage Johnson

LB:New Signing

Lonergan is overated, Weaver is a better keeper the only other change I'd make to that is Morrison at CB and Buxton at RB. If no new left back is to come in then I would like to see Jones given an extended run at LB.

Beevers will immediately look better with someone who has some pace alongside him...he also wont have to second guess what his partner is going to do as he has to do with Purse....don't write him off just yet

i only know 4 types of central defender...1st. the one with pace to burn (you say he needs to be alongside someone with pace, so he isn't that type)...2nd. the big rougharse who bully's an opponent (nope)...3rd. the quality footballer type (mmm, let's see)...and the 4th. is poo poo...

i only know 4 types of central defender...1st. the one with pace to burn (you say he needs to be alongside someone with pace, so he isn't that type)...2nd. the big rougharse who bully's an opponent (nope)...3rd. the quality footballer type (mmm, let's see)...and the 4th. is poo poo...

4th for me :st2:

Edited by w.owl