mark beevers

i'll admit that i did and still do believe he'll become a very strong centre back given time and experience, he's still a young un , i fear now i wont see it at swfc, the signings we have made i applaud and are very just, but to be fair he's been trying to learn his game in a poor back line for many a year, some work on distribution and we would have another quality young defender to add to the squad,

we seemed to be linked with various defenders having signed 2 already, do we cash in on beevers now or does he get dropped along with his value and developement?

i'll admit that i did and still do believe he'll become a very strong centre back given time and experience, he's still a young un , i fear now i wont see it at swfc, the signings we have made i applaud and are very just, but to be fair he's been trying to learn his game in a poor back line for many a year, some work on distribution and we would have another quality young defender to add to the squad,

we seemed to be linked with various defenders having signed 2 already, do we cash in on beevers now or does he get dropped along with his value and developement?

He himself plays a great part in why the back line his poor. to be honest I cant believe Beevers is playing football. total and utter GASH. Hoof ball, liability with his head, very very weak and never closes players down! same with Spur.

wee wee my self laughing to think with have got M.Morrisson down to league 1 and Beevers may be off to Mboro. What a joke.

Beevers will stay.... Hinds will now be allowed to leave

Morisson as right back...

Purse and Beevers battling it out to partner Johnson ..... healthy competition

Otsemebor and Buxton as alternative right backs..

Spurr and Jones as left backs....

Great strength in depth at the back now

Maybe the competition for a place will inspire him to raise his game.

I'd rather see Beevers in the squad than Purse any day.

No chance.

Back four need organisation, stability a leader! you think Beevers is capable of that... NOOOOOO

their is no choice to be made over the two!!!! they both fight for a different possition.

The player who leades and organisers the back four generally aint very gifted at football but they have the leaderships skills required.

This is the place Purse fights for.

Beevers is the other centre half, the more talently of the two quicker, taller, sharper!

So frustrating when people say beevers over purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask yourselves at what...... at football or filling the required role!!!!

He himself plays a great part in why the back line his poor. to be honest I cant believe Beevers is playing football. total and utter GASH. Hoof ball, liability with his head, very very weak and never closes players down! same with Spur.

wee wee my self laughing to think with have got M.Morrisson down to league 1 and Beevers may be off to Mboro. What a joke.

thats how he's been brought up though isnt it? doesnt that sum our club up for the last 10 years, nothing much to slate beevers about, he's done what has been asked...he has the potential to be much better than what he has been asked to do.

No chance.

Back four need organisation, stability a leader! you think Beevers is capable of that... NOOOOOO

their is no choice to be made over the two!!!! they both fight for a different possition.

The player who leades and organisers the back four generally aint very gifted at football but they have the leaderships skills required.

This is the place Purse fights for.

Beevers is the other centre half, the more talently of the two quicker, taller, sharper!

So frustrating when people say beevers over purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask yourselves at what...... at football or filling the required role!!!!

agreed on the bit in bold

however

REDA IS THE MAN FOR THAT JOB! lol

thats how he's been brought up though isnt it? doesnt that sum our club up for the last 10 years, nothing much to slate beevers about, he's done what has been asked...he has the potential to be much better than what he has been asked to do.

Never

I think that Beevers needs to put on a stone of weight (muscle not fat) and get a more aggressive attitude. Needs to become a bully (not Lee Bullen).

He isn't progressing a la Haslam.

Promising youngster, not sure where he'll end up. (Same applies to Tommy)

Thats generally how the two centre halfs work outside the prem. hate to say this but look at the pigs old defence with morgan and Killgallon. similar idea since morgan is shyte no better than purse but they to lead and organise then you have the sharp, tall, heading, tackler etc Killgallon but he his ten times the player Beevers is. Their defence was one of the best in the championship. FACT

Now purse with Johnson or morrison will be one of the pairs trust me.

its not a case of just picking two defenders.

agreed on the bit in bold

however

REDA IS THE MAN FOR THAT JOB! lol

If he is then great send Purse packing, but untill we have a defender capable of that then purse will remain. Its just obvious we dont have a memeber capable to fit that role.

I think that Beevers needs to put on a stone of weight (muscle not fat) and get a more aggressive attitude. Needs to become a bully (not Lee Bullen).

He isn't progressing a la Haslam.

Promising youngster, not sure where he'll end up. (Same applies to Tommy)

i agree he needs to toughen up mentally and physicaly but he is still only young.

If he is then great send Purse packing, but untill we have a defender capable of that then purse will remain. Its just obvious we dont have a memeber capable to fit that role.

He captained plymouth last year

so he atleast has some experience

although drop beevers for tomorrow IMO and go morrison - johnson - purse - jones (or tommy maybe just for the long throws to let rampage jackson Reda Johnson muscle the ball into the net)

although drop beevers for tomorrow IMO and go morrison - johnson - purse - jones (or tommy maybe just for the long throws to let rampage jackson Reda Johnson muscle the ball into the net)

Thats my back four too, posted on another thread earlier. Spur would never put an owl shirt on again if i had a say. cost us the goal at Hudds other day. costs us too much with his inept forehead and useless left foot.

1. Beevers got scouted because he is 6 foot 3

2.Spur got scouted because is left footed and got a long throw.

niether can do the basics of football properly.

Talk about poor scounting.

WTID

[/q

This would be my choice

Thats my back four too, posted on another thread earlier. Spur would never put an owl shirt on again if i had a say. cost us the goal at Hudds other day. costs us too much with his inept forehead and useless left foot.

1. Beevers got scouted because he is 6 foot 3

2.Spur got scouted because is left footed and got a long throw.

niether can do the basics of football properly.

Talk about poor scounting.

WTID

it wasnt entirely spurrs fault... teale didnt help to much either... but then again... its spurrs flippingjob :dry:

BUT his long throws were good, but were always to clinton... who aint much of a headerer... Reda on the other hand....

Beevers makes a good decoy too :rolleyes:

Fact remains that both Beevers and Spurr have had to play far too many games for their age, they should have had more experienced defenders around them, not playing alongside each other. The fault lies firmly with the managers we have had over the past few years. I would not be surprised if both of them left, went to clubs who now how to bring on their young players, remembering that they both have now played probably 100 plus games each, and become succesful players else where.