JJ - Time to Cash In????

Guest Romish Owl

Guest Romish Owl

We all know that JJ can be a match winner, but I question his commitment - showed today, got booked for having a paddy and was hardly in the game, had one guilt edge chance and didn't even hit the target.

Time to get what we can and get someone in who can be a asset to the team for the full 90.

If we wait will move on for nothing - alternatively bring a manager in who can work on a passing game - today was back to lump it and chase :ph34r:

Why should we cash in, we don't exactly need the money. JJ has his flaws like most players playing in this division but the options he gives us far outweigh any shortcomings. He was no worse than anyone else and gave his all continually tracking back. In fact in terms of effort and commitment, all the players put in a shift for the manager today.

TBF our problems today stemmed from the fact both full backs were poor and the central midfielder never got control. This resulted in the route 1 football which took Johnson out of the game. I think people are having a go because the one time he did get in the game he missed a sitter. For that criticise but as for the rest look at my earlier point.

Blackpool made a bid for him an Tudgay in the summer £1m but it was rejected. JJ got injured and they then offered £250k for Tudgay and this was rejected. Should have got rid if them both then!

Never heard of that 1m offer. Do you mean when QPR bid for Spurr and JJ?

JJ was as frustrating as ever today. One minute it feels like we have the best player outside of the championship then the next it's time to get rid.

All the physical attributes to be great, none of the mental ones.

Worst footballer in the league.He's either running 30 yards into trouble without the ball under control or badly dragging a shot wide.

Guest Sheff Owl

Pace is what JJ is all about and that's it.

He can't shoot, pass, dribble or cross.

We need players that have an end product or at least can produce it more.

JJ is one of these players that will either get sent off or subbed because he is pissed off/had enough - how many 90 minutes does he complete?

One good game in 6 games is not good enough really if we are being honest.

Worst footballer in the league.He's either running 30 yards into trouble without the ball under control or badly dragging a shot wide.

Worst footballer in the league!? What a load of shyte mate.

What I admire about Johnson that he tries to create something, sometimes out of a sticky situation. What about players that create nothing and rely on others to create something ala O'Connor - players who take the back seat? He's an integral part of how this season will pan out - don't single one or a few players when most others were as bad or worse.

anything from 100-300k would be nice i doubt we get that though, he hasn't proved to anyone that hes a good player in the second half of last season and this season so far.

Pilkington was far more the better player!

I didnt know Kevin KIlbane played for huddersfield too, why cant we sign anyone like that for centre mid

no! its not time to 'cash-in' imo.

he's a match winner and had an off day. ive never seen him play like that and it is quite worrying, fingers crossed it was just a one off performance

Have you ever seen JJ play before? The majority of his performances are like this one, with some exceptional ones now and then.