OK, now it's time

Guest Burnleyfan

Wow....some of our fans!

Delivered the best football in years and the highest finish in years and he failed? Staggering..gobsmacked...

He lost it at the end but he was forced to sell our gems. With what was left, which manager wouldn't have struggled?

Madness.

Beginning of Laws reign we were outside of the relegation zone.

End of Laws reign we were in the relegation zone with a squad bereft of confidence staring relegation in the face.

That is failure whichever way you look at it.

Wow....some of our fans!

Delivered the best football in years and the highest finish in years and he failed? Staggering..gobsmacked...

He lost it at the end but he was forced to sell our gems. With what was left, which manager wouldn't have struggled?

Madness.

All though you're about right with what you're saying there, (even though some of the football was dire) i was happy to see him go.

We just didnt know we were going to get this cr@p boring Scottish w@nker instead. :mad:

About two months ago I came on here and asked you to take Brian back.

Whilst I acknowledge your upturn in form under Mr Irvine, I think I gave you ample notice and believe it's time for you to take him back.

As a resident of Leeds, I'd be happy to drive him to the Woolley Edge Service Station. I'd be most grateful if one of you would be there to collect him.

Merry Christmas.

Did you know something?

Brian laws spent almost all our transfer budget in the three years he was at Hillsborough on :

2007 - Francis Jeffers

2008 - James O'connor

2009 - Darren Purse

In fairness, this was more to do with the pathetic resources he was given by Dave Allan and the old Board of Directors.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Beginning of Laws reign we were outside of the relegation zone.

End of Laws reign we were in the relegation zone with a squad bereft of confidence staring relegation in the face.

That is failure whichever way you look at it.

So selling Brunt, Whelan and Bougherra was the managers choice and fault?

I think what you're looking for is the financial situation of the club forced us to sell the best players we had, leaving the manager with £2.50 to replace them - is that his fault?

No manager would have not been in a relegation fight with what was left.

This is sidetracking off the original point though and that's that Laws currently is the only manager to achieve such a high position in years. There's no possible way to twist that, it's a fact.

and then he sold him which made him the dumbest manager ever!

And I'm sure he really wanted to sell him. The £26.92m debt at the time could well have been the deciding factor.

Wednesday fans slagging Laws have really short memories. Gave us some fantastic days, did really well with an average side, and that win at Bumhole Lane earnt him enough brownie points to last him a lifetime, and earn him a terrific reception whenever he returns to Hillsborough.

In fairness, this was more to do with the pathetic resources he was given by Dave Allan and the old Board of Directors.

Nothing to do with this at all, He wasn't forced to sign Jeffers who was way past his best and had an injury record that puts Darren Anderton to shame,

O'connor didn't improve the team at all & the money spent on Purse should have been spent giving Richard Wood a pay rise.

So selling Brunt, Whelan and Bougherra was the managers choice and fault?

I think what you're looking for is the financial situation of the club forced us to sell the best players we had, leaving the manager with £2.50 to replace them - is that his fault?

No manager would have not been in a relegation fight with what was left.

This is sidetracking off the original point though and that's that Laws currently is the only manager to achieve such a high position in years. There's no possible way to twist that, it's a fact.

Managers at numerous clubs are forced into selling their best players. It happens all the time. Laws did achieve our highest position in years but ultimately it got us nothing. That is a fact. It was an achievement but a small one that made no real difference to the club.

However, in the season where he had the highest wage budget we had in years he left us doomed with a squad bereft of confidence near the bottom of the table. ALSO A FACT AND ONE THAT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO OUR CLUB.

I was at Elland Road, Bramall Lane, and the other derby wins, and I enjoyed a large number of the games we played in under Laws, but 5 wins in 21 games, leaving us doomed to relegation, and 5 games without scoring a single goal was his parting memory. Not good enough and it is why his time here is tarnished and will be remembered badly.

Nothing to do with this at all, He wasn't forced to sign Jeffers who was way past his best and had an injury record that puts Darren Anderton to shame,

O'connor didn't improve the team at all & the money spent on Purse should have been spent giving Richard Wood a pay rise.

The same Richard Wood who put in a transfer request when he was team captain? Laws isn't a great manager by any means but he had a much tougher job at Wednesday than he would have had at most other clubs.