OK, now it's time

Guest Burnleyfan

Guest Darkus Owlus

He had some part to play in it, but I think it was in no small part down to the fact KPS and CT had built a very capable squad that Laws inherited.

How I would love for our current squad to have one of Whelan, Brunt or Simek circa 2006.

Then why didn't Paul Sturrock do anything with that team..?

I don't think you're giving Laws credit here, I didn't like him that much but the issue was about Laws' achievements with us. He took the squad, produced excellent passing football, goals flying in everywhere, and our highest finish in god knows how many years? 9th place....with our resources?

I feel a bit disppointed some people won't give him credit for that, you were all at the games going as berserk as I was at seeing us play the best stuff in years.

He deserves credit for that, not Wednesdayites making "yer but" excuses.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Then why didn't Paul Sturrock do anything with that team..?

I don't think you're giving Laws credit here, I didn't like him that much but the issue was about Laws' achievements with us. He took the squad, produced excellent passing football, goals flying in everywhere, and our highest finish in god knows how many years? 9th place....with our resources?

I feel a bit disppointed some people won't give him credit for that, you were all at the games going as berserk as I was at seeing us play the best stuff in years.

He deserves credit for that, not Wednesdayites making "yer but" excuses.

I think he deserves quite a bit of credit for a lot of things in his time at SWFC.

However, by those same measures he should also take some responsibility for our almost getting us relegated in his first full season with us, and for putting us on course for relegation last season.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I think he deserves quite a bit of credit for a lot of things in his time at SWFC.

However, by those same measures he should also take some responsibility for our almost getting us relegated in his first full season with us, and for putting us on course for relegation last season.

On course with relegation? Is that before or after the board disembowled the team and we had to plug holes with reject players?

Brunt, Whelan, Bougherra.....what do you do when you take away your gems and give you nothing back to replace them? Slide down the league is the answer. Without those players we were exposed as a very ordinary side.

When we had a good squad he took it to 9th, the was beyond the board and fan expectations.

On course with relegation? Is that before or after the board disembowled the team and we had to plug holes with reject players?

Brunt, Whelan, Bougherra.....what do you do when you take away your gems and give you nothing back to replace them? Slide down the league is the answer. Without those players we were exposed as a very ordinary side.

When we had a good squad he took it to 9th, the was beyond the board and fan expectations.

I think splashing out on Jeffers was the start of his downfall

Your argument makes no sense.

You are basically agreeing with my point that these players were the main reason we had a good season that season and not Brian Laws?

Or are you trying to say Laws is only a good manager with good players

Football management is a lot to do with buying good players,Harry Redknapp at this time is the best. We had Big Ron ,9/10 team with best players will win,find a manager who can find good footballers and your`e half way there.(Apart from David Pleat who seemed able to buy 1 good player but get rid of 2)

Guest Dalians shot

He worked miracles at S6 when all his good players were been sold from under him. If you sell all your good players eventually you start to sink

Guest starrydave

Why is someone from a small club coming onto our boards suggesting that we take back their mediocre manager. If a manager is not good enough for Burnley, they are CERTAINLY not good enough for the mighty owls!

Guest hirsty123

A terrible manager and an unbelievable appointment by Burnley. Will never understand why you wanted relegating.

Can't believe we found another manager who was actually worse than Brian Laws. He will keep you mid-table in the

Championship forever and you'd better get used to throwing 2 goal leads away. We did!!!

laws

Untill Bugherra left he was cruising us into the playoffs - more than any manager had achieved in years.

Laws did OK with us until last season when things fell apart, but your statement is incorrect.

From when Laws came in on November 11th 2006 until Bougherra was sold on January 28th 2007, the results (with the best team we've had in about 10 years) were as follows:

Played: 15

Won: 6

Drawn: 3

Lost: 6

We weren't 'cruising into the playoffs' at all- 6 wins out of 15 games is mid-table form.

The problem with Laws was that the longer he spent with the team, the worse things got- he inherited some very good players and the more he 'left his mark' on the squad, the weaker and weaker we became. He wasn't a disaster but he was an average manager who got found out as time went on.

About two months ago I came on here and asked you to take Brian back.

Whilst I acknowledge your upturn in form under Mr Irvine, I think I gave you ample notice and believe it's time for you to take him back.

As a resident of Leeds, I'd be happy to drive him to the Woolley Edge Service Station. I'd be most grateful if one of you would be there to collect him.

Merry Christmas.

Don't worry you've got United next, he's got a good record against them

Guest Darkus Owlus

Your argument makes no sense.

You are basically agreeing with my point that these players were the main reason we had a good season that season and not Brian Laws?

Or are you trying to say Laws is only a good manager with good players

My arguement makes no sense? You started critising a manager who got us a 9th place finish in the CCC.

The points on where it went wrong aren't valid, we were talking about his success and success with the team he more than achieved.

You can't put Laws down for that, no way. Nor can you say, he simply managed someone elses team. That's irrelevant, he took the team and delivered 9th.

9th.....

Guest Darkus Owlus

Laws did OK with us until last season when things fell apart, but your statement is incorrect.

From when Laws came in on November 11th 2006 until Bougherra was sold on January 28th 2007, the results (with the best team we've had in about 10 years) were as follows:

Played: 15

Won: 6

Drawn: 3

Lost: 6

We weren't 'cruising into the playoffs' at all- 6 wins out of 15 games is mid-table form.

The problem with Laws was that the longer he spent with the team, the worse things got- he inherited some very good players and the more he 'left his mark' on the squad, the weaker and weaker we became. He wasn't a disaster but he was an average manager who got found out as time went on.

And how many points were we off the playoffs? The fact is he delivered 9th, you can't argue with that. He did more than any other manager has done since we left the Premiership.

There's nothing to contest.