OK, now it's time

Guest Burnleyfan

Guest Burnleyfan

About two months ago I came on here and asked you to take Brian back.

Whilst I acknowledge your upturn in form under Mr Irvine, I think I gave you ample notice and believe it's time for you to take him back.

As a resident of Leeds, I'd be happy to drive him to the Woolley Edge Service Station. I'd be most grateful if one of you would be there to collect him.

Merry Christmas.

About two months ago I came on here and asked you to take Brian back.

Whilst I acknowledge your upturn in form under Mr Irvine, I think I gave you ample notice and believe it's time for you to take him back.

As a resident of Leeds, I'd be happy to drive him to the Woolley Edge Service Station. I'd be most grateful if one of you would be there to collect him.

Merry Christmas.

Dont you have your own forum to moan on.

Guest Saturday Owl

No thanks he doesn't have a clue how to tell the team to defend. He did "okay" here on a shoe string budget but was never able to take us anywhere.

I was shocked when you appointed him anyway, he took you down without a fight and doesn't look like taking you up.

Guest Saturday Owl

I'd swap him for Artificial Intelligence anyday!

No doubt Brian would get us out of this league, then when we get into the Championship we could take Mourinho.

Guest Darkus Owlus

No thanks he doesn't have a clue how to tell the team to defend. He did "okay" here on a shoe string budget but was never able to take us anywhere.

I was shocked when you appointed him anyway, he took you down without a fight and doesn't look like taking you up.

Untill Bugherra left he was cruising us into the playoffs - more than any manager had achieved in years.

Guest Burnleyfan

This isn't a moan. It's a request.

Most unpopular manager we've had in 25 years. We're a small club in a unique (and temporary) position. We're wasting time with Brian.

Untill Bugherra left he was cruising us into the playoffs - more than any manager had achieved in years.

Exactly, I can't stand the anti-Laws revisionism. He did very well for us at a time we could have by rights well slipped through the leagues.

He did leave us at the right time I accept that but I'd have had him back over Irvine every time. Laws would have inspired us to victories when it counted last year while Irvine's team sank with barely a whimper. I also believe Laws would be getting much more out of this current squad in League One.

Guest Darkus Owlus

When we had a team that included Whelan, Brunt, Tudgay and Simek all in form?

That was more down to having a good centre half, Chris Brunt ,Glen Whelan can`t remember rest of the team must have been poo .

So Laws had nothing to do with getting the best out of these players or indeed producing a 9th place finish?

My comment stands, since our decline, tell me who's done better than Laws? The answer is no one.

Exactly, I can't stand the anti-Laws revisionism. He did very well for us at a time we could have by rights well slipped through the leagues.

He did leave us at the right time I accept that but I'd have had him back over Irvine every time. Laws would have inspired us to victories when it counted last year while Irvine's team sank with barely a whimper. I also believe Laws would be getting much more out of this current squad in League One.

Before he got sacked we went something like 7 games without a goal nevermind a win,couldn`t inspire us to many victories then. But agree better than what we`ve got now.

Laws gave us some of the best moments of the last ten years but for every good one there was usually a bad one too e.g our worst season start. Did well on a tight budget but lost it at the end and left us with some crap players like Clarke. No chance he will take burnley up.

Well the choppy form certainly hasn't stopped under Irvine. Leon Clarke is currently playing at the top of the championship by the way.

So Laws had nothing to do with getting the best out of these players or indeed producing a 9th place finish?

My comment stands, since our decline, tell me who's done better than Laws? The answer is no one.

He had some part to play in it, but I think it was in no small part down to the fact KPS and CT had built a very capable squad that Laws inherited.

How I would love for our current squad to have one of Whelan, Brunt or Simek circa 2006.