OK, now it's time

Guest Burnleyfan

Nothing to do with this at all, He wasn't forced to sign Jeffers who was way past his best and had an injury record that puts Darren Anderton to shame,

O'connor didn't improve the team at all & the money spent on Purse should have been spent giving Richard Wood a pay rise.

Laws didnt sign Jeffers....

Why do you think he put in the transfer request?

Because he was no longer committed to the club and wanted a move away to inflate his wages. He didn't take being the captain seriously and was a negative influence on the squad as a unit. Say what you like about Laws but Wood's spoilt brat approach was embarrassing, he had to go.

Because he was no longer committed to the club and wanted a move away to inflate his wages. He didn't take being the captain seriously and was a negative influence on the squad as a unit. Say what you like about Laws but Wood's spoilt brat approach was embarrassing, he had to go.

Plus he's not very good

The only mistake was hanging onto him when the first bid came in

The same person who signed most of the players of that era (Sodje, EE, JJ, Clarke etc).

Ask yourself who would benefit from overpaying transfer fees up front for players with bad injury records. The answer is not Brian Laws.

Absolutely right...that's why the true values are not on the books

I was told by someone close to Mr. Wood that he only wanted to be payed the same as certain players who were either new or not even playing in the first team. I agree he had to go when he did because the situation had gone past return.

Personally I would rather have him than Purse.

The same person who signed most of the players of that era (Sodje, EE, JJ, Clarke etc).

Ask yourself who would benefit from overpaying transfer fees up front for players with bad injury records. The answer is not Brian Laws.

Ahhh, of course - this site's nemesis - Mr. D. Allen!!! While Laws was trying to sign decent players uncle Dave was shafting him right up the Rsole! Come to think of it that shadowy figure I saw last week creeping about round the back of the north stand unscrewing pipes & removing the gaskets had an eerie resemblance to the dreaded one!!!

True story...

When Laws left Wednesday some of the players held a party to celebrate him leaving, he was that liked.........

--------------------

Wake up and smell the coffee people, the guy isnt a top level Manager, he never was, listen to the Burnley fans..."Poor Man Management, Tactically inept, strange Substitutions" we've heard it all before!!!!

He arrived at Hillsborough with a very good squad, finished 9th and by the time he left we were bottom with a crap squad (which he built), he's managed to take Burnley from 15th in the Premier League to 9th in the Championship in 12 months.

Yes we had some good results under him (the Derby Double being the highlight) but he took us back to League One (where Sturrock brought us from!!) We were a relegated side before Xmas, only the usual 'new Manager syndrome' of results gave us half a chance. It wouldnt' have been alive on the final day if Laws had stayed

True story...

When Laws left Wednesday some of the players held a party to celebrate him leaving, he was that liked.........

--------------------

Wake up and smell the coffee people, the guy isnt a top level Manager, he never was, listen to the Burnley fans..."Poor Man Management, Tactically inept, strange Substitutions" we've heard it all before!!!!

He arrived at Hillsborough with a very good squad, finished 9th and by the time he left we were bottom with a crap squad (which he built), he's managed to take Burnley from 15th in the Premier League to 9th in the Championship in 12 months.

Yes we had some good results under him (the Derby Double being the highlight) but he took us back to League One (where Sturrock brought us from!!) We were a relegated side before Xmas, only the usual 'new Manager syndrome' of results gave us half a chance. It wouldnt' have been alive on the final day if Laws had stayed

Such a good squad it finished 21st the prior year?

Such a good squad it had been hammered at colchester 4-0 and was in deep relegation trouble?

Such a good squad PS said after the Colchester game that he basically needed to rip the squad up and start again?

Who put the 'crap squad' together (clue- it wasn't BL)

Ahhh, of course - this site's nemesis - Mr. D. Allen!!! While Laws was trying to sign decent players uncle Dave was shafting him right up the Rsole! Come to think of it that shadowy figure I saw last week creeping about round the back of the north stand unscrewing pipes & removing the gaskets had an eerie resemblance to the dreaded one!!!

Try again

Such a good squad it finished 21st the prior year?

Such a good squad it had been hammered at colchester 4-0 and was in deep relegation trouble?

Such a good squad PS said after the Colchester game that he basically needed to rip the squad up and start again?

Who put the 'crap squad' together (clue- it wasn't BL)

We had MASSIVE injury problems at the start of Sturrocks second season, as bad as ive ever known it. I remember a Carling Cup tie when we basically fielded half an academy team it was that bad. The good run under Laws coincided with the return of most of those players, its pretty obvious to me.....oh and pretty much EVERYONE got hammered at Colchester that year including Champions Sunderland.....

I know Laws didnt sign all the players, im not daft but i never rated the guy full stop, sorry!!!! Nothing since he left has changed my opinion!!!

So selling Brunt, Whelan and Bougherra was the managers choice and fault?

I think what you're looking for is the financial situation of the club forced us to sell the best players we had, leaving the manager with £2.50 to replace them - is that his fault?

No manager would have not been in a relegation fight with what was left.

This is sidetracking off the original point though and that's that Laws currently is the only manager to achieve such a high position in years. There's no possible way to twist that, it's a fact.

so Warren Feeney, Jimmy Smith, Tom Soares, Esajas, Sodje, Jeffers, Clarke, Hinds, O'Connor, Buxton ?

he got all these with £2.50......

bloody hell.... get him back if that totals £2.50

Also.... how many of those are still here and have been, or are a success for this football club ?

so Warren Feeney, Jimmy Smith, Tom Soares, Esajas, Sodje, Jeffers, Clarke, Hinds, O'Connor, Buxton ?

he got all these with £2.50......

bloody hell.... get him back if that totals £2.50

Also.... how many of those are still here and have been, or are a success for this football club ?

I can't believe a poster who has been on this board for so long is so blind.

Who 'signed' the likes of Jeffers, Clarke, EE, Sodje? On FJ for example why did we pay the money we did, up front, for a player we knew had a history of bad injuries and was unlikely to ever be fit to play a 46 game season.

Clue - read the last Strafford document, or ask Howard Wilkinson.

Laws BTW had the biggest positive transfer balance of any manager in our history.

BL had his faults but some posters on here are very harsh- he did a very decent job here given the circumstances under which he was working.