OK, now it's time

Guest Burnleyfan

Yes he is. Either off the bench or the occasional start.

If by occasional you mean one start then yeah your right.

Lets be real he wouldnt be on the bench if it wasnt for the 7 subs and he's a squad player at best. I fully expect them to step it up in January and he'll be further down the pecking order.

Guest Distraught!

I fully expect them to step it up in January and he'll be further down the pecking order.

You don't find Leon on any pecking order.

Do you mean the chomping order? :rolleyes:

You don't find Leon on any pecking order.

Do you mean the chomping order? :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

But yeah, attack is their weakest area. The aging Helgerson is their best striker at the moment and he's only scored about 6. I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and bought a good striker to bolster the attack and make the stride for the playoffs.

Leon will end out on loan or continue to grab a wage from about 180 minutes of football this season.

About two months ago I came on here and asked you to take Brian back.

Whilst I acknowledge your upturn in form under Mr Irvine, I think I gave you ample notice and believe it's time for you to take him back.

As a resident of Leeds, I'd be happy to drive him to the Woolley Edge Service Station. I'd be most grateful if one of you would be there to collect him.

Merry Christmas.

don't be wasting petrol bringing brian down here...you keep him, and to help him out with his one or two 'lil shortfalls we'll send you a coach to work with him...alan irvine, apparently he's a very good coach, well respected by everybody throughout football...well nearly everybody... :st2:

My arguement makes no sense? You started critising a manager who got us a 9th place finish in the CCC.

The points on where it went wrong aren't valid, we were talking about his success and success with the team he more than achieved.

You can't put Laws down for that, no way. Nor can you say, he simply managed someone elses team. That's irrelevant, he took the team and delivered 9th.

9th.....

He was also one game away from getting us relegated the season after.

And the final months of his reign put us on course for another relegation battle.

If you ignore all the bad stuff under Laws' time here then you can argue he was fantastic. If you ignore all the good stuff then you can argue he was a disaster.

When things are balanced out, Laws did an ok job as SWFC manager and I'm sure this is a view most fans share.

Exactly, I can't stand the anti-Laws revisionism. He did very well for us at a time we could have by rights well slipped through the leagues.

He did leave us at the right time I accept that but I'd have had him back over Irvine every time. Laws would have inspired us to victories when it counted last year while Irvine's team sank with barely a whimper. I also believe Laws would be getting much more out of this current squad in League One.

i agree with what you've said about laws being better than irvine...but that's not actually any form of praise is it?...and for burnley fans, they are suffering, badly...brian's a nice bloke... probably a very nice bloke...but, if he's gonna cut it in football management he needs the support of a very, very strong no.2, somebody with the balls to say and do what at times laws thinks, but then takes no action about...brian seems to think being manager means you have to wear every hat (maybe a conclusion drawn from being here on a limited budget for so long)...the facts are being manager means he should build a good team under him...and at least one of that team should be an enforcer to do what brian either can't, or won't...

Edited by dnhc

don't be wasting petrol bringing brian down here...you keep him, and to help him out with his one or two 'lil shortfalls we'll send you a coach to work with him...alan irvine, apparently he's a very good coach, well respected by everybody throughout football...well nearly everybody... :st2:

and thinking about it, and joking aside...if you could put a fair bit of brian's football into irvine, or irvine's commitment to defence into brian...BOTH WOULD BE A LOT BETTER MANAGER, AND WOULDN'T HAVE THEIR OWN SUPPORTERS HOWLING FOR THEIR HEADS

And how many points were we off the playoffs? The fact is he delivered 9th, you can't argue with that. He did more than any other manager has done since we left the Premiership.

There's nothing to contest.

9th with someone elses squad....

As he built his own squad we got progressively worse, near relegation, a mid table finish and then bottom when he finally went. Look how well Francis did with Atkinson's squad, the longer Francis stayed and put his own stamp, and players, on the squad, the lower we dropped. We went from Cup Finals and Europe to a lower mid table side by the time he went. Same principle.

Laws was clueless, i thought that from day one and nothing has changed my opinion, he's took Burnley from 15th in the Premier League (with very good home form) to mid table in the Championship in 12 months.......

Guest Distraught!

Brian laws spent almost all our transfer budget in the three years he was at Hillsborough on :

2007 - Francis Jeffers

2008 - James O'connor

2009 - Darren Purse

JOC and Purse more expensive than Akpo, JJ, EE, Potter and Buxton?

Irvine picked more points than Laws with the same players. Laws seemed to have 1 good season followed by a bad one. He is tactically poor, his signings of mixed success but to be fair he never had real money to spend. He nearly got us relegated more than once but also not far off the play offs too.

That's partly down to the nature of the Championship ie almost any team can beat any other team on any given day. We were always a good run from getting into the play offs and a bad run from a relegation fight.

Last season Laws got it very wrong. Not replacing Watson sufficiently, the Wood debacle and deciding to go all out attack with a team weak as wee wee defensively and no prolific goalscorer was suicide. Rumours he lost the dressing room. Confidence was shattered. We were in total free fall by the time he left.

Nice guy but wouldn't have him back even if he came with Grant.

Some of the comments about laws are unbelieveable, he did fukin very good as a manager for us, best manager since about 1998 before Wilson came in. He had his faults and his time was rightly up last season but he got us playing decent football and at least he had a good rapport with the fans and some sort of enthusiasm, passion and personality (running down touchline when we scored against the blunts) unlike the pathetic fukin dull prik in charge at the moment, I'm stunned by some of the comments by dickheads on here about him.

I do miss Laws's 62nd minute like for like substitutions. I used to look like a psychic when watching games with the lads and predicting who and when the substitutions would be made. :rolleyes:

On a side note i did like the way he came across as a person. Seamt like a real decent bloke.

Edited by PabloBonvin

Guest Big Guns

dont know wots up burnley 2nd rate club got a 2nd rate manager you was never going stay up anyway your levei is a mid to bottom end championship side.

Guest Burnleyfan

Brian laws spent almost all our transfer budget in the three years he was at Hillsborough on :

2007 - Francis Jeffers

2008 - James O'connor

2009 - Darren Purse

I'll see your Jeffers, O'Connor and Purse and raise you a Leon Cort (£1.5m, 3 year contract and bombed out to PNE on loan 8 months later).

Seriously, does James O'C divide opinion like he used to at Turf Moor or is he universally disliked? He'd run all day whilst with us, but rarely seemed to touch the ball.

Guest Distraught!

Seriously, does James O'C divide opinion like he used to at Turf Moor or is he universally disliked?

Now you mention it, yes he does!

For some, he's player of the year. For others he's a figure of ridicule.

Strange that!