Your First Wednesday Hero!

Guest Woz1867

I just mean you never really get an idea of who everyone is.. I mean personally I imagine people as characters, the way they talk, their age, their personality. You personalise people's usernames, or at least I do.

I just find it fascinating when threads like this pop up and you realise peoples age and their background, that they come from all over the world and have seen so many generations of the club we now support, I find it genuinely fascinating, and it's nostalgic as well. I love it.

Good post it makes me realise why I love you.

Deffinately this . I was in the Terry Curran fan club and I got a badge and pictures and at 7 years old I was well chuffed :biggrin:

I've still got his record Singing the Blues somewhere. I started watching Wednesday in the mid 70's and bought my first season ticket for the 79/80 season. For me Terry Curran was a style of player I'd never seen before play for Wednesday. He had a style and a swagger about hm which other teams must have hated to play against.

The goal and celebration against United at Bramall Lane April 1980 says it all.

Since then I've seen the likes of Hirst, Waddle Sheridan etc..but TC was my first footballing hero.

Cheers

UTO's

Carlton Palmer.

Seriously.

my dad rumbleing loves carlton palmer. Not in a hero way, but he is a massive fan. I never really understood why people laugh when you mention him, I thought he was quality.

Bit like Peter Crouch - i.e. looked ridiculous, but was actually a decent player

Guest Bellsview

Brian Marwood, Lee Chapman and Mel Sterland.

I was never able to split them.

I loved watching Marwood when he got the ball and his crosses were amazing. I loved Sterland because of his work rate and because he was "one of us". And I loved Lee Chapman because he knew where the net was - I've still not seen a better header of a football in a SWFC shirt, not even Hirsty.

Carlton Palmer.

Seriously.

Nothing wrong with that, Carlton was an excellent player for us, wether it be central midfield (his best position for me) or centre half (where he never looked out of place).

Sheridan always caught the eye because of his passing ability, but Carlton was immense too, he was under-rated outside of Sheffield, but most Wednesdayites knew what a good player he was, oh for a Carlton Palmer today.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.