Should we give mellor a contract to keep him beyond his loan period?

Don't get me wrong mellor has been a great player for us this season and imo is our best striker. I was discussing this with a friend who thinks we should let him go at the end of the season if we get promoted because we need players who can help us finish in the top 6 in the championship. Personally I'd like to keep him. What do you think?

Don't get me wrong mellor has been a great player for us this season and imo is our best striker. I was discussing this with a friend who thinks we should let him go at the end of the season if we get promoted because we need players who can help us finish in the top 6 in the championship. Personally I'd like to keep him. What do you think?

Yes

end of thread

if we go up this season, then unless we get almost an entirely new midfield except probably miller, we wont have the quality to keep the ball on the floor and pass it through teams, so we'd have to go for long ball football (hard to imagine i know) so we'd need someone with a bit of strength upfront who will run themselves into the ground every game, reckon if we could get him at a fairly low price mellor would fit the bill perfectly. wouldn't want him or morrison starting every week for us but as back up think they would both be very good

Sign him up without a doubt.

Can't see a big fee involved, but he'll be on decent money. If we can come to some sort of compromise with him on the wage (which I think could be a possibility if he wants to stay here) then we're cooking.

Sign him up now.....he seems to have found the right club for him and there is no question mark against his energy or ability. Given the right kind of service, he will score in the Championship too.

I think see if we can get him on loan again at the end of the season.

Way i see it is he's one of our best players, and although there is some serious strengthening to be done to compete in the championship i can't see us bringing a full squad of players in. We should build on what we have with players like Morrison, Mellor,Miller,Coke,Teal,JJ and Weaver still being a part of it.