Official Owlstalk Shirt Poll

409 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite shirt design?

• Green
    • Orange
    • Pink
    • I'd prefer something else entirely
  2. 2. Would you buy the GREEN shirt?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you buy the ORANGE shirt?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you buy the PINK shirt?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Triplej2

"We can't change the colour or design that much"

I don't know how wednesday are working this deal but I know it's a mutually beneficial money making project so pull your f*cking finger out DJ1. Show some Kahuna's here and be a mover and shaker.

This is SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY F.C. We can shift more shirts than most other clubs can shake a stick at!

Your responses are weak mate, The Wednesday don't wear that sh*te, end of chat.

Now get on the phone, tell them to get creative, throw some proper colours in and lose those pathetic stripes.

Don't go with cap in hand, go with the big stick!!!

The 'something else entirely' is a pointless option because we can't have something else entirely. We don't have time to and the design and colours can't actually change that much. Please bear that in mind.

Rubbish

So PUMA come to us with any old crap and we say, 'Yeah, okay we'll fob them off to the fans and see which out of a poo bunch they'll have'

Not good enough. If a company like PUMA can't design a simple shirt, other than plopping 3 luminous colours and sticking a line on it then they shouldn't be our sponsors.

Come on DJ, surely you can see this is ridiculous.

They look like some designer at Puma was sitting in front of a blank football shirt template, late at night, wired on Red Bull, running out of inspiration and ideas ... and suddenly saw a set of three highlighter pens across the desk - Score! Luminous green, yellow and pink; they'll love that!

Guest super mandaric

Rubbish

So PUMA come to us with any old crap and we say, 'Yeah, okay we'll fob them off to the fans and see which out of a poo bunch they'll have'

Not good enough. If a company like PUMA can't design a simple shirt, other than plopping 3 luminous colours and sticking a line on it then they shouldn't be our sponsors.

Come on DJ, surely you can see this is ridiculous.

Agreed get your job done dj1 :mad: :mad:

The 'something else entirely' is a pointless option because we can't have something else entirely. We don't have time to and the design and colours can't actually change that much. Please bear that in mind.

I think we are understanding your point. However the club needs to understand that this is the most united NO the fans have EVER given.

Tell Puma they wont sell any. Surely the contract has some form of service level agreement?

This has spread through football like wildfire, we are a laughing stock again in a matter of hours. God forbid having our players wear this for 12 months.

I want to cry. REMOVE IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Edited by slow83

"We can't change the colour or design that much"

I don't know how wednesday are working this deal but I know it's a mutually beneficial money making project so pull your f*cking finger out DJ1. Show some Kahuna's here and be a mover and shaker.

This is SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY F.C. We can shift more shirts than most other clubs can shake a stick at!

Your responses are weak mate, The Wednesday don't wear that sh*te, end of chat.

Now get on the phone, tell them to get creative, throw some proper colours in and lose those pathetic stripes.

Don't go with cap in hand, go with the big stick!!!

Actually that is spot on, if you nothing can be changed, then someone is in the wrong job.

Guest Bellsview

SWFC don't get their shirts from Puma because as far as Puma are concerned we are "small fry". They only make the shirts for clubs which have a global demand - at the moment (I think) only Spurs fit into that category in England, that was certainly the case last season anyway.

The actual shirt company that makes our shirts is genesis sports, a sub-contractor for Puma. A link to their site can be found below. If you click on the "clubs" tab you can see that SWFC are one of many clubs who use this company.

genesis sports

One of my mates is a director at Puma and a big SWFC supporter (home and away season ticket holder). I will give him a buzz tomorrow as I'm interested to know whether we definitely have to accept these designs, or if the club can ask for a change given the feedback it has received.

SWFC don't get their shirts from Puma because as far as Puma are concerned we are "small fry". They only make the shirts for clubs which have a global demand - at the moment (I think) only Spurs fit into that category in England, that was certainly the case last season anyway.

The actual shirt company that makes our shirts is genesis sports, a sub-contractor for Puma. A link to their site can be found below. If you click on the "clubs" tab you can see that SWFC are one of many clubs who use this company.

genesis sports

One of my mates is a director at Puma and a big SWFC supporter (home and away season ticket holder). I will give him a buzz tomorrow as I'm interested to know whether we definitely have to accept these designs, or if the club can ask for a change given the feedback it has received.

Interesting stuff, ask your mate just how slim the choice of colours was too...

Cheers

Perhaps you should have had a vote and applied some common sense decision making before throwing that pile of crap at the fans. Please bear that in mind.

This has to be a joke - and I've just fallen for it haven't I? Please tell me I have.

200 people already aren't willing to buy one of these shirts .....

300 roughly have voted.... extrapolate out that cross section to the fan base and that means two thirds of people won't be willing to buy them....

If we have 10,000 shirt sales this means we are reducing target market by about 6000 (crude method I know, but worrying).

Massive own goal.....

Been speaking to one of the designers for these and they said there will be some adjustments to the actual design and some tweaks etc.

Think the colours are staying though !! ..... to quote "neon is in for 2011"

I'm not buying the 'colours can't actually change that much', sorry.

Fair enough, it's difficult as the referees kit etc create restrictions but to say that these are practically the only options is absolute twaddle.

Not forgetting that referees do have change kits too.

I find it difficult to believe that the pink kit made it past any Wednesday fan along the process from concept to fan vote.

Even if it meant only offering the green or orange to fans surely there was someone with an ounce of awareness that might have suggested it would not go down well.

This is a spectacularly horrific fail. The ramifications will last forever if we adopt this monstrosity

Remove the pink option for goodness sake.

Guest skegster

They are a joke James mate, they look like some infant school kids have been let loose with some highlighter pens.

The fact they've just used the Paint Bucket tool to change to three nasty colours and have not edited them in anyway says it all really.

They look like awful 90's goalkeeper Jerseys, hardly what a team with an apparent 'fresh start' want to be seen in or trying to sell.