Exeter Roll Call, Travel and style of warm clothing

Guest international owl

Me on me todd - Driving from South Wales, wearin north face jkt, hat and scarf. Pound to a penny o poo poo it wee wees it down like at Swindon. Tickets going well after Saturady!!!

A friend and myself travelling by car down. I don't know what I will be wearing yet because some complete to$$er stole my jacket which contained my gloves and a scarf I've had since I was 10. :sad: A complete shame because the scarfs since havent been that good and its done the rounds to finals etc. Gutted :sad:

Me + 0.

Driving to Derby Railway station and catching the 0928 train. Back on the 1820ish.

I'll be wearing a snugpak. Will obviously be taking hat, gloves and scarf.

BIT EARLY YET FOR THE FORCAST, BUT FRIDAY SHOWING CLOUD +1 DEG. IT WILL BE COLD AND OPEN ON THAT TERRACE.

A friend and myself travelling by car down. I don't know what I will be wearing yet because some complete to$$er stole my jacket which contained my gloves and a scarf I've had since I was 10. :sad: A complete shame because the scarfs since havent been that good and its done the rounds to finals etc. Gutted :sad:

Are you a dwarf?

:blink:

Are you a dwarf?

:blink:

A friend and myself travelling by car down. I don't know what I will be wearing yet because some complete to$$er stole my jacket which contained my gloves and a scarf I've had since I was 10. :sad: A complete shame because the scarfs since havent been that good and its done the rounds to finals etc. Gutted

Read again, still pretty annoyed, inconvenience and sentimental values equal f00king annoyed.

Just jessing with you mate.

I 'll buy you a pint if I ever see you at a game. I will be the one with the ill-fitting scarf.....

Sorry mate, just read it again. Went over my head first time sorry (thats not a dwarf related pun before anyone gets started :biggrin: ). Just annoyed someone would take it... and in Cardiff too?? I'm highly suspicious of the earlier poster who said he is also travelling from South Wales in a scarf....

Sorry mate, just read it again. Went over my head first time sorry (thats not a dwarf related pun before anyone gets started :biggrin: ). Just annoyed someone would take it... and in Cardiff too?? I'm highly suspicious of the earlier poster who said he is also travelling from South Wales in a scarf....

Look for somebody wearing a NorthFace jacket and eating a leak. Odds on he is wearing your scarf...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=exeter&day=5 << Saturday

The Saturday forecast has changed since yesterday already. It had forecast snow from 12-6 yesterday for Sat aft.

We're driving down sat morning and staying at The Rougemont Thistle in the centre. It's £49 for the night but if it's a non refundable so the game had better go ahead. If not i'll be on the phone to the manager begging for the money back.

I'd be very surprised if it goes ahead too, having seen the weather forecast on TV this morning. My train ticket from London has cost more than £60, so I'm glad I chose to add insurance in case of cancellation

How did you go about that? Is it for selected train companies or across the board. I'm thinking of doing it for the Yeovil home game if I can.

Me + 2 setting off 6.30 Sat morning.

Cribbs Causeway for brekkie and then Wetherspoons in Exeter.

Thermals on for def and owt else that will keep us warm, but another six for us will help us forget about the cold. :cool: UTO

If the forcast temps for Friday night and Saturday are anywhere near correct there's no chance of the game being on. .

Exeter's last home game - 4 Dec v Tranmere - was called off because of a part frozen pitch and the temps down here then were nowhere near as low as the forcast for this weekend.

I don't think they have undersoil heating which doesn't help.

Regards

Chris

(In North Devon)

How did you go about that? Is it for selected train companies or across the board. I'm thinking of doing it for the Yeovil home game if I can.

I always order my rail tickets online from The Trainline. When you order, it asks if you want to add insurance. It only costs a quid extra each way.

Edit: I assume it's for any tickets you buy, regardless of the operator.

Edited by punkskaphil

I bet that coat was getting a wee bit too tight though :laugh: