Exeter Roll Call, Travel and style of warm clothing

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Me +1

Half hour up the road.... :happy:

This place grinds to a halt with 1/2 inch snow let alone 1/2 a metre.....

Forecast is for 'extreme' south west to remain clear of the white stuff.

Guest Stroller

Flight from Manchester Friday night. 14 of us on the flight. 25 going to the match.

All non-refundable.

I'm starting to feel sick at the prospect of the game being off.

Guest Stroller

Does UK & Europe travel insurance cover getting money back for hotels or flights for stroller? Got the alliance & leicester one free with my bank account so might have to look into this.

Thanks for the thought lad. Caveat Emptor and all that.

The plane will fly and the hotel bar will do a roaring trade.

UTO

Guest Beef Chief

Flight from Manchester Friday night. 14 of us on the flight. 25 going to the match.

All non-refundable.

I'm starting to feel sick at the prospect of the game being off.

Better rumbleing not be.

I bought a new coat and everything.

Guest Phil V1

Me +4.

Catching the bus up town, looking forward to my shortest ever trip to watch the Owls.

I'm not feeling too optimistic of the game being on though, my wife works for the company that grits the roads down here and they are in full-on panic about Thursday and Friday at the moment with snow and freezing temperatures forecast. I'm expecting a frozen pitch.

I'll post again if I hear anything more from her about it this week. It wouldn't be the first time that a forecast got it completely wrong!

Guest international owl

Snugpak is a brand of clothing. They make warm(ish) jackets,sleeping bags etc etc.. Do they have undersoil heatong?? Heve they got frost sheets??

Guest Phil V1

Snugpak is a brand of clothing. They make warm(ish) jackets,sleeping bags etc etc.. Do they have undersoil heatong?? Heve they got frost sheets??

I'm pretty sure there's no undersoil heating. The pitch was relaid in the summer for the first time in donkey's years and the most exciting thing about it was the pop-up sprinkers! I doubt us Exeter-folk could cope with technology like undersoil heating.