Where do we need to strengthen in January?

Was thinking about where we need to strengthen the team and really couldn't come up with where we are desperate for new players, this is how I see the team at the moment:

GK: Weaver - Good keeper

GK: Jameson - Decent back up to Weaver

LB: Spurr - Although some people slag him off I think he's a decent left back especially at this level

LB: Jones - Seems decent, quick going forward and makes some good crosses. can also play RB and probably do a job at LM.

CB: Purse - Don't think he will be here next season, can have good games and bad games, also captain so can't see him getting dropped for a new signing.

CB: Beever - Solid CB imo

CB: Hinds - Emergency back up

RB: Buxton - Been a good player at this level

RB: Ostemobor - Looks quick and a decent player

LM: Teale - Great player imo

CM: Miller - Our best CM imo

CM: Coke - Looks good can sometimes go missing.

CM: Potter - Decent at this level, see him as back up to Miller and Coke

CM: O'Connor - Hard working, always gives 110%

RM: Sedgewick - Still not sure about him, seems OK.

RM/FWD: Johnson - Quick, just hope he keeps off the injury table.

FWD: Mellor - Our best striker imo

FWD: Morrison - great forward

FWD: Heffernan - Not really seen much of him but looks really lively when he comes on.

So where do you think we need to strengthen the squad most come January and which players do you see getting edged out of the squad for new signings?

Guest Darkus Owlus

Spurr and Beevers have been clinging onto the potential they were supposed to have years ago.

Like it or not they haven't become near the £1million men we said they'd become.

Spurr is the weaker of the two though, grante he plays out of position but has done now for a long time. He does look questionable in this league more often than we'd like - on that basis if we're looking to go up, we need someone more suited and experienced at left back.

Guest gringos

I would like to see another centre half on the books.

Agree. I'd let hinds go out on loan and get a new cb in to replace purse and have him as stand in

Definately need a centre back. This is top priority.

I also think we need a left back, but this isn't a massive problem. I would like to see Jones given a good solid run of games though.

Another Centre Midfielder ideally, but not a main priority.

PACE PACE PACE !!!!!

Take JJ out of the team and we lack pace. Apart from the centre half position I'd like players with pace to be brought in someone who could probably play midfield or attack just to back JJ up if he gets injured again.

I would like to see another centre half on the books.

in all honesty i think we need two...purse is clearly in his last season for me, and beevers isn't going to make the grade on his last 6 months form. add to that two werewolves for the m/f, and an attacker with pace as replacement/addition to jj, as i worry for him every time he goes on a run...

in all honesty i think we need two...purse is clearly in his last season for me, and beevers isn't going to make the grade on his last 6 months form. add to that two werewolves for the m/f, and an attacker with pace as replacement/addition to jj, as i worry for him every time he goes on a run...

so out of interest, would you run a 2-werewolf m/f or put one in with Miller/Coke/Potter/JOC?

Agree we need more pace in the squad so with that in mind what about a swap Tudgay for Tyson? He's lost his way a bit at Forest but his pace and directness would be an asset at this level. Lets face it Forest are not flush with money so we wouldn't see a lot for Tudgay and its not like we have a pressing need for cash is it? Could be a good deal for all concerned.

Agree with contributions that Centre Back is our greatest need.

Before you all blow my Madjid Boughera ship out of the water just listen to my reasoning.

1) Boughera always said he would like to come back to Hillsborough and play for us again.

2) Boughera's aspirations of playing in the premiership are severely limited in terms of him getting a conventional move.

3) Wednesday offer Boughera a genuine opportunity to display his wares in the premiership within 3 years.

4) The respect from Owls fans to Boughera would be massive whereas the whole Rangers tribe see their team as being a cheap & 2nd class option.

5) If spelled out in correct terms could Boughera be able to resist being at the head of the Manderic Wednesday Vanguard.

6) Seal The Deal : promotion this year with all the frills, we'll build a Championship team around Boughera next year.

What do you think ? Is it possible........I think so !

Agree we need more pace in the squad so with that in mind what about a swap Tudgay for Tyson? He's lost his way a bit at Forest but his pace and directness would be an asset at this level. Lets face it Forest are not flush with money so we wouldn't see a lot for Tudgay and its not like we have a pressing need for cash is it? Could be a good deal for all concerned.

Before you all blow my Madjid Boughera ship out of the water just listen to my reasoning.

1) Boughera always said he would like to come back to Hillsborough and play for us again.

2) Boughera's aspirations of playing in the premiership are severely limited in terms of him getting a conventional move.

3) Wednesday offer Boughera a genuine opportunity to display his wares in the premiership within 3 years.

4) The respect from Owls fans to Boughera would be massive whereas the whole Rangers tribe see their team as being a cheap & 2nd class option.

5) If spelled out in correct terms could Boughera be able to resist being at the head of the Manderic Wednesday Vanguard.

6) Seal The Deal : promotion this year with all the frills, we'll build a Championship team around Boughera next year.

Would absolutely friggin love Bougherra back here!! :biggrin:

Guest Darkus Owlus

I would but what would his price be? We don't even know just how much money we're going to get yet.

He'd probably have to take a pay hit too, which was part of the reason he left in the first place - money.

I would but what would his price be? We don't even know just how much money we're going to get yet.

He'd probably have to take a pay hit too, which was part of the reason he left in the first place - money.

Yeah we lost Boughera on price, but we lost him also because we could n't paint him a picture of a future, we could n't say with cerainty that what he got then would certainly be multiplied.

The Wednesday Manderic Vanguard now represents a picture of the future that Boughera might well buy into. Selling the club is now so much easier !

When last I heard Bougherra was rated at £10m, so...