Morrison

Guest Woz1867

I was impressed by his reaction to the goal and come over to the North and try and motivate the fans, i thought his work rate was pretty good over the last two games.

Tudgay and Morrison looked brilliant at Home to Notts Co in the JPT because they had some great service, our best performance of the season. So we know they can link up together. Unfortunately after about 10 minutes today the idiots decided more than a few passes across the back four wasnt good enough and started booing, hence the edgy atmosphere as the game went on and we resorted to type launching it forward.

He held the ball up well but there was nothing for him to get on the end of. Him and Mellor up top with Tudgay wide right is the best option, when it went into the strikers feet with midfield rushing on we looked effective.

It is really difficult without a pre season and it shouldn't be underestimated. But I don't think he's actually as lazy as people say, he's a box player and we create very little. He's unlikely to dribble past six men and bury it, he did well for mellors goal on wed!

TBH i thought he played ok, but also feel for any of our strikers as they do not get decent balls into them.

I thought that irvine should have given jj a run and put miller in the middle and send potter to stocksbridge park steels on a free. :biggrin:

bit harsh on SPS, mate

all morrison needs is a couple to go in , goalscoring is a knack if you have got it it does not go away ,all strikers have barren spells ,i never ever scored for at least 7/8 games at season start ,then one might hit my arce and go in ,that believe it or not stops the rot , allways ended up top scorer ,he will come good ,believe

Guest wednesday83

You could put David Villa, Wayne Rooney or Clinton Morrison up front in pur team and they would not score. Why??? Because Alan Irvine does not set his teams up to attack and create. Morrison played up front by himself today whilst Tudgay played most of the game behind deffending and helping put the midfield. For me we have to drop Tudgay and play Morrison and Mellor together. Those 2 with a fit JJ bursting in from the wings would be awsome if we gave them the bullets.

Guest u avin a laff

You could put David Villa, Wayne Rooney or Clinton Morrison up front in pur team and they would not score. Why??? Because Alan Irvine does not set his teams up to attack and create. Morrison played up front by himself today whilst Tudgay played most of the game behind deffending and helping put the midfield. For me we have to drop Tudgay and play Morrison and Mellor together. Those 2 with a fit JJ bursting in from the wings would be awsome if we gave them the bullets.

we cant dop tudgay,he's our best defender since Des Walker

Every ball we play to our strikers is to their heads but it takes time to bring the ball down and control it and by that time, the striker is usuall tackled; it sometimes feel the players forget the ball is round and that it rolls. It's not just the strikers who are guilty of this either. Nobody seems to think what they are going to do with the ball before they receive it, nobody puts a foot on the ball and tries to control it; it's like it's a hot potato. "Oh, drat, that pesky ball thing is coming towards me, better get rid of it ASAP."

Without the ball he's nowhere to be seen. And him and Tudgay play far too far apart. A few good link ups and passes but not the player I expected (yet).

i was saying that all through the match...Tudgay won numerous flick ons but Morrison was standing ten yards away instead of being close enough to run directly behind him when he won the headers...was there no one on the coaching staff who picked up on this???