Morrison

I'm a little frustrated of the "missed pre-season" excuse, its now a quarter way through!

This said I have seen one or two class touches.

Mellor is the leading scorer though so deserves to start - Tudgay in midfield (right or left) for me, this also allows him to shoot from distance!

to be fair, we aren't playing anything into him that he could do anything with - it's all 4 feet above his head. But if thats the way we're gonna play, start Heffernan and Mellor and play Tudgay on the right.

Guest owls_4_life

Without the ball he's nowhere to be seen. And him and Tudgay play far too far apart. A few good link ups and passes but not the player I expected (yet).

Guest DM_Owl

I cant see how the lad is starting in front of Mellor, apart from a couple of decent passes in the second half everytime he go the ball nothing came of it. Not impressed by him so far this season. Your thoughts?

Looks a bit on the chubby side to me and I cant see him notching 10-15 goals this season. Big improvement on Jeffers though!

Looks a bit on the chubby side to me and I cant see him notching 10-15 goals this season. Big improvement on Jeffers though!

Seems to be living us to his 'lazy' tag that he earnt at palace. Orient did play with the whole team behind the ball for a large chunk of the game but still, we should be breaking teams down like these easily. The only threat for me today was Teal. Anyway, moaning aside 3 points will do nicely!

Guest Ameezy

Heffernan and Mellor must be wondering what they've done to upset Irvine?

Morrison looks completely out of touch and it's becoming very clear that Tudgay is not the target man he purports to be.

Guest Sheff Owl

Does it help to have the ball played to your head all game when all you your career you have scored goals both for club and country with the ball to feet?

Morrison no doubt can score goals but what he is good at we don't do, we are doing everything Morrison can't do.

Brilliant we get a proven goalscorer and give it him Rugby style.

I cant see how the lad is starting in front of Mellor, apart from a couple of decent passes in the second half everytime he go the ball nothing came of it. Not impressed by him so far this season. Your thoughts?

TBH i thought he played ok, but also feel for any of our strikers as they do not get decent balls into them.

I thought that irvine should have given jj a run and put miller in the middle and send potter to stocksbridge park steels on a free. :biggrin:

Does it help to have the ball played to your head all game when all you your career you have scored goals both for club and country with the ball to feet?

Morrison no doubt can score goals but what he is good at we don't do, we are doing everything Morrison can't do.

Brilliant we get a proven goalscorer and give it him Rugby style.

Admitted this is the usual case but today he did have the ball at his feet a few times and still didn't look a threat. From what i've seen of the lad at previous clubs he casn bang goals in but it just doesn't seem to be working for me at wednesday. Mellor everytime for me.

Its drivin me mad now !! Irvine I believe is frightened to drop the two egos. Looks to me Morrison and Tudgay are vying to be top dog. They look like they dont get on. What sort of partnership is that.

Morrison is, as I mentioned after his first game, NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He is a bench player who shouldn't come on - thats how much I rate him.

A few decent touches and flicks - however over 90 minutes I could do two or three of them, and I will do it for FREE.

Its drivin me mad now !! Irvine I believe is frightened to drop the two egos. Looks to me Morrison and Tudgay are vying to be top dog. They look like they dont get on. What sort of partnership is that.

Morrison is, as I mentioned after his first game, NOT GOOD ENOUGH. He is a bench player who shouldn't come on - thats how much I rate him.

A few decent touches and flicks - however over 90 minutes I could do two or three of them, and I will do it for FREE.

I thought exactly the same today. The body language between them was terrible, and it looked like more than just frustration from the game.

I felt sorry for both of them today though. They had absolutely nothing to work with.

I've been far from impressed with him so far, but I think in the second half today he had his best half since he has arrived at the club. He worked hard and showed some good touches in and around their box. I must admit I expected more from him than he has shown so far. Early days yet though.

I'm watchin the match from midweek at the moment, must admit Morrison looks much more of a threat in this game, but even with a couple of chances still can't seem to score. I agree it's still early-ish in the season etc etc but can we really afford to be starting stikers week in week out who can't seem to consistantly find the back of the net? (just for the record i class Tudgay as a midfielder).