The Hero Returns

I remember the last time I watched him playing at Hillsborough, he owned the centre of the pitch, every ball he played through seemed to create a chance for someone making a forward run

Unfortunetly....He was playing for Oldham at the time....

I remember the last time I watched him playing at Hillsborough, he owned the centre of the pitch, every ball he played through seemed to create a chance for someone making a forward run

Unfortunetly....He was playing for Oldham at the time....

indeed. That was quite a sight to behold, although im not sure what it says about our midfield when they couldnt mark a man out of a game who has got no knees left

indeed. That was quite a sight to behold, although im not sure what it says about our midfield when they couldnt mark a man out of a game who has got no knees left

Let's just hope it was out of respect for the great man.....

And scored a penalty. But didn't celebrate

UTO

Top Man!

Guest Woz1867

100%, 24 carat Wednesday legend.

Best player I've ever seen in blue & white stripes.

Welcome home Johnny lad.

Im not arguing with that statement but with the likes of Waddle, Hirst, Sterland and Nilsson its too hard to say who was the best. Defo a top player.

Unfortunately I wasn't old enough to remember Sheridan in his prime for Wednesday because of my age (although I've seen a lot of videos of him).

So when he came to Hillsborough wearing the shirt of Oldham it was a joy to watch an hero and legend of mine play.

And what a flipping performance it was. Still one of the beat performances I've ever witnessed from any player live. That includes the likes of Giggs, Owen, Henry, Di Canio etc.

Shez couldn't run. He barely moved from the centre circle all game and totally ran it. Totally owned every player on that pitch. It was a joy to watch. And thy standing ovation he got at the end from Wednesday fans whilst singing his name was Immense.

Legend is an over used term. But in Shezza's case he's exactly that. What a flipping player!