Bring back the Bukta kit

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Always wanted the Sanderson White 4th kit from the 90s too see here http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/articles/sheffield-wednesday-kits-1977–2009

wasn't there a robbery from Hillsborough and the White strips went missing or have I got the story wrong?

I'm sure I've seen one framed in the Wisewood pub once.

Jon

http://wednesdayshirtcollection.com

see match worn section and mattowls collection

Edited by rob_stu

forgive my young years but what is the Bukta kit?

A legendary kit that was worn around the time of Big Jack. Bukta then was better known for rugby shirts hence the heavy duty material :biggrin:

I've still got mine, I loved it. Raw, bleeding nipples were proof that you were a man.

I was 8 when I got it though and I'm 38 now, so it's a little bit...snug.

I'm same age pal and remember the kit fondly, I wish I still had mine! I also had the away kit that was really silky. I found that wearing this after wearing the home kit, really soothed the nipples and gave them a well earned break from the rough nylon harshness. I'm going to change my avatar on the strength of this thread to one of me with the Bukta kit...Bring it Back!!

A legendary kit that was worn around the time of Big Jack. Bukta then was better known for rugby shirts hence the heavy duty material :biggrin:

Final season though (82/83) the Bukta yellow shirt went all modern and polyester. That was my very first.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Final season though (82/83) the Bukta yellow shirt went all modern and polyester. That was my very first.

It did indeed go all polyester but so did the away kit from 80/81, It had a floppy blue collar and was silky! Absolute class. I wish I still had it. I'm goin to get round mi mums and look at the old snaps!

This Oxford player had obviously read of the glory that was Bukta and hoped to recreate the experience! BBC Sport 29/10/12

"Oxford boss Chris Wilder has revealed how Adam Chapman played through the pain of a burnt nipple on Saturday following an eve-of-game accident.

Midfielder Chapman, 22, was forced to go to hospital on Friday night after pouring boiling milk over his chest.

But despite the unusual injury, Chapman managed to take his place in Saturday's side as Oxford beat Wycombe 3-1.

"It's ridiculous," Wilder told BBC Radio Oxford. "It is a new one for me, hopefully he'll be OK in the future."