Strafford - Why I quit

Guest DSC_UK

His problem always was that he held no shares and put no money in (to my knowledge) so was never an equal to anyone on the board. If he had actually invested some cash maybe he could of secured his position and had more of a say in things but as he was he was easly going to be overuled by the current board. The first things him and Nick Parker should of done when they came in if they wanted to make a difference to the club was to buy a stake together they would of been able to force things through at boardroom level and proably have helped the club move forward.

You telling me he got none of the 67mil when Plusnet was sold to BT?

I'm sorry but you haven't a clue what he's done with his money. He said when he first started that he does not have money to invest into us, and I don't doubt that for 1 minute as I'm sure he would have if he did.

You can look at blaming LS for not investing, but you should be looking further up the food chain and start asking what they do to deserve a place on the board and how much they keep investing each year into us...

Guest DSC_UK

I'm sorry but you haven't a clue what he's done with his money. He said when he first started that he does not have money to invest into us, and I don't doubt that for 1 minute as I'm sure he would have if he did.

You can look at blaming LS for not investing, but you should be looking further up the food chain and start asking what they do to deserve a place on the board and how much they keep investing each year into us...

I'm not blaming Lee for not investing I liked him as chairman and he seemed to be getting us in the right direction after years in the wilderness.. I'm just saying that without him putting cash in he was always going to be bullied around the board room by the current board.

Guest chezzyowl

So it seems the fossils won in the end!

As people say that generation would look at the newcomer and think well he's got no money in the club, so how can he tell us what to do.

But as always two sides to the story and the other side says nowt!

Edited by chezzyowl

I'm just saying that without him putting cash in he was always going to be bullied around the board room by the current board.

Obviously not - hence the resignation.

Ah well - at least we have Capt. Wilko now to fight for the rights of all us Wednesday fans, stand up to the board etc.

I still say he had enough money to have at least helped the owls out with a loan signing when needed.

Spoke to him at length and was uncomfatable with his ability to not see any side of an argument but his own.

He never actually delivered anything he promised apart from the pies etc which anyone with any common sense could have achieved.

His heart was in the right place and he genuinly thought that his way was the way.

Strafford has gone but Wednesday are still Wednesday.

Things need to be sorted one way or the other before pre season as this is the distraction we did not need if we are to progress and mount a serious challenge in the coming season.

You telling me he got none of the 67mil when Plusnet was sold to BT?

People should really do a little research before making comments like this - he had no spare money to invest and always said he wouldnt/couldnt.

Although 3ish million is a lot of money, once you have a decent house and investments in place for your long term future there isn't a lot left.

His "investment" was working very hard for the club for free when presumably he could be commanding a very good salary elsewhere.

:ls:

People should really do a little research before making comments like this - he had no spare money to invest and always said he wouldnt/couldnt.

Although 3ish million is a lot of money, once you have a decent house and investments in place for your long term future there isn't a lot left.

His "investment" was working very hard for the club for free when presumably he could be commanding a very good salary elsewhere.

ls.gif

Spot on. £3.5m is just enough for Lee to secure his and his kids future I would imagine. He was straight about this from day one, and to still be bringing it up is ludicrous.

Guest DSC_UK

:ls:

Again how can you expect to tell a board who have cash in the club what to do when you don't?

I'm pro Lee and what he has done for the club but he was always going to be up againts it without putting some money in.

No matter what we think of the remaining incumbants and previous regimes please lets be careful what we say about certain individuals (especially ones that are not averse to taking legal action).

UTO & WTID

Edited by damianb1

Guest gringo69

My 'Star' has just been delivered and it doesn't say much more than the link above re. LS.

Back page = 'Wilko cash for Irvine' with no amount.