Strafford - Why I quit

Not sure about that. LS said the board has some important decisions to makein the next week or so!!! RS were reporting that further discussions will take place later this week re investment, possibly with CS9???

LS said it was like being tied to 2 horses both pulling in different directions. Having considered all that I don't think this will just get swept uinder the carpet.

I wonder if one of the horses wanted to accept the deal from CS9 in the first instance & the other didn't.

the 2 horses are more likely to be measley cash offer v. pie in the sky...and to people looking for a return on what at the time they thought were investments...mmmm, pie in the sky, i guess...

No matter what we think of the remaining incumbants and previous regimes please lets be careful what we say about certain individuals (especially ones that are not averse to taking legal action).

UTO & WTID

Well said!

Guest intercity0wl

People should really do a little research before making comments like this - he had no spare money to invest and always said he wouldnt/couldnt.

Although 3ish million is a lot of money, once you have a decent house and investments in place for your long term future there isn't a lot left.

His "investment" was working very hard for the club for free when presumably he could be commanding a very good salary elsewhere.

:ls:

Spot on. £3.5m is just enough for Lee to secure his and his kids future I would imagine. He was straight about this from day one, and to still be bringing it up is ludicrous.

Oh, and here is me under the impression that he delivered investment, but the Board turned it down last week. Must have dreamt it.

I Agree, LS has done more in his time as chairman to promote the club and manage our finances than I've seen or heard the 3 stooges do in my 26 years as a wednesdayite

All of the above.

Why do you say that ?

I've heard stuff that, if true, would make me seriously panic if he got involved. I dont know how true it is though so not going to speculate and I have an open mind about him. End of the day, time will tell. I'll be very surprised to see him involved mind.

If he is, can we get his Jersey consortium in charge of the website? They're like lightning those guys.

I've heard stuff that, if true, would make me seriously panic if he got involved. I dont know how true it is though so not going to speculate and I have an open mind about him. End of the day, time will tell. I'll be very surprised to see him involved mind.

If he is, can we get his Jersey consortium in charge of the website? They're like lightning those guys.

Why would it panic you if you dont know whether it is true or not ?

I have a funny feeling the club has an ultimatum on the table.

They have.... club9 sports have said if we havent heard from SWFC by friday they are out of here so that will be another roger up by the club. Im begining to think the directors are just being greedy gets now annd wanting stupid money. In one way I hope we go into admin cos they wont recieve flip all then and it will serve them right. I also think if we did go into admin we would get a deal done with in a couple of weeks and we would have every invester coming out wood work bartering to snap us up.

They have.... club9 sports have said if we havent heard from SWFC by friday they are out of here so that will be another roger up by the club. Im begining to think the directors are just being greedy gets now annd wanting stupid money. In one way I hope we go into admin cos they wont recieve flip all then and it will serve them right. I also think if we did go into admin we would get a deal done with in a couple of weeks and we would have every invester coming out wood work bartering to snap us up.

But if what people say is true and The Bank won't accept the deal doesn't that just mean there's no deal.

And why would the Co-op agree to administration? Why do people bang on about that when it isn't going to happen?

But if what people say is true and The Bank won't accept the deal doesn't that just mean there's no deal.

And why would the Co-op agree to administration? Why do people bang on about that when it isn't going to happen?

The bank accepted the deal ages ago as LS stated ages ago its the three nobs who are greedy fools who just want more than the other person where its going pairshaped.

The bank accepted the deal ages ago as LS stated ages ago its the three nobs who are greedy fools who just want more than the other person where its going pairshaped.

It can't go "pairshaped" if there's three knobs, only " trioshaped".

Why would it panic you if you dont know whether it is true or not ?

I had trouble wording it and am trying to not give too much away :rolleyes:

Basically, I've heard a theory about the Hobsons.

The person that told it me has been known to bullsh** but it'd niggle at the back of my mind. I'd somehow like confirmation that this guy was talking crap. However, I'm fairly sure they wouldnt have any interest in getting involved as times have changed since their last overtures.

The first bit is true the rest isn't as they 'agreed' a deal

The fact is they do not have the cash ready to do the deal they agreed

Couple of points:

For those who say "why didnt LS put his own money in?"> Will you all now please remortgage your homes and put the funds into WTID? No thought not, probably wont even put £50 in will you?

For those that say "only the pies got better" would you really like to go back to how the club was being run 2 years ago, with no direction no leadership no ideas and no hope? No thought not.

Ive criticised (constructively I hope) some of the things LS has done. Mostly due to my massive disapointment that the muppets on the pitch failed to live up to what was promised. But my God we are up poo poo creek now.

I have criticised LS several times but my overall view is that he has been good for the club and his leaving creates a real problem.

Like everyone else, I wait to hear the full story.

A few points:-

• LS certainly has much more money than me but I have bought shares and debentures over the years - even a small investment would have been a good sign, he doesn't need to re-mortgage his house!
  • At the end of LS 18 months as Chairman, I find his achievements are a bit disappointing. The biggest achievement is the deal with Sheffield Childrens' Hospital. I find all the hype about the new ticketing system and pies a load of nonsense - marginal improvements. As I have said before, the improvements in the North Stand food are minimal and the toilets are 50 years old without any new fittings!
  • We will see how the investment or not pans out - I feel that the focus on the World Cup has been an unnecessary diversion and all the effort should have been on investment and ensuring the team on the pitch was as good as possible

I have criticised LS several times but my overall view is that he has been good for the club and his leaving creates a real problem.

Like everyone else, I wait to hear the full story.

A few points:-

• LS certainly has much more money than me but I have bought shares and debentures over the years - even a small investment would have been a good sign, he doesn't need to re-mortgage his house!
  • At the end of LS 18 months as Chairman, I find his achievements are a bit disappointing. The biggest achievement is the deal with Sheffield Childrens' Hospital. I find all the hype about the new ticketing system and pies a load of nonsense - marginal improvements. As I have said before, the improvements in the North Stand food are minimal and the toilets are 50 years old without any new fittings!
  • We will see how the investment or not pans out - I feel that the focus on the World Cup has been an unnecessary diversion and all the effort should have been on investment and ensuring the team on the pitch was as good as possible

I would like to know the full cost of that .

the hobsons may have their faults ,but they don't take any crap ,

but you have to admire denis he worked hard and got into a position to help if he chooses

so if he becomes involved good luck and fair play to him he's wednesday isn't he

I can't help but think that Strafford's role was always just a night watchmans role.

I admire his spirit but I think even he would admit that half of what he promised/craved was inobtainable with the current set-up.

In fact when I think back of the last 18 months I can't believe people actually felt they "had their Wednesday back"