Who did what?

Guest JonR

Because actually there was no "dark secret" at the club before you arrived, it just served your bogeyman vs hero purposes

OH YES I WENT THERE....

*sits back with popcorn and waits*

Last you'll hear from me for a while since as I have often said, takeovers shouldn't be conducted on forums, but last thing Lee - presume you'll be buying that family ST today? No excuses now.

Best

Simon

While you're at it (and obviously not keeping to your promise of "no further comment"

:dry:

Guest billsaja

You originaly said Lee only gets his sweetner from C9S which is why he'd only deal with them, so how can you now say you knew this before you knew about C9S?

I haven't spoken to Lee since May last year, all I did was speculate as to why other (far more legitimate) interested parties were being turned away by the Chairman, along with offers to assist from credible sources, and speculated there must have been some vested interest in the C9S deal occurring. Given that in May there was a "commission" in play and given that AD from Traffic told me what C9S told him, it makes sense.

Anyway, as I said, since I cannot prove it, I will retract it, now I want to know what proof there is of Lee's claims that I am/know/colluded with Mark C and that Mark and I have something to "come clean " about. Important, as you say, when attacking someone's reputation, to have something to back it up. I would like to leave to focus on other matters (yes, to make no further comment) but more lies and insinuations from our former Chairman prevent that.

Edited by billsaja

I haven't spoken to Lee since May last year, all I did was speculate as to why other (far more legitimate) interested parties were being turned away by the Chairman, along with offers to assist from credible sources, and speculated there must have been some vested interest in the C9S deal occurring. Given that in May there was a "commission" in play and given that AD from Traffic told me what C9S told him, it makes sense.

Anyway, as I said, since I cannot prove it, I will retract it, now I want to know what proof there is of Lee's claims that I am/know/colluded with Mark C and that Mark and I have something to "come clean " about. Important, as you say, when attacking someone's reputation, to have something to back it up. I would like to leave to focus on other matters (yes, to make no further comment) but more lies and insinuations from our former Chairman prevent that.

You didn't "speculate" as to why, you stated it as fact, as if you knew.

Brilliant, let's have the same standards all around then.

Let's have a "come clean" session - I obviously have no proof other than what I heard him say with my own ears about what Lee was hoping to get out of a deal (and as I have stated many times, this was said to me BEFORE C9S ever came along). So since I cannot prove it, I will drop it. Though Aaron Davidson at Traffic Sports also heard the same thing when C9S contacted him begging for money - that there would be commissions in there for management, but maybe he misheard too. Of the other claims I have made - about Club9 etc - I have plenty of proof, not least of the pudding being in the eating!

So now your turn Lee, by Donny's standard, let's see the proof. Given that Mark C and I have never met, spoken nor interacted except on this forum and even then not directly, please, please do elaborate on what we need to come clean about over the last year?

It's a particular talent you have, alluding to things, spreading little tidbits by PMs and e-mails (I remember when you had me convinced Tonto was Kaven Walker) but just come out and make a straight comment, don't sugar it up - what do you think Mark and I have been doing? While you're at it (and obviously not keeping to your promise of "no further comment" - saw the nice 4 page spread you got yourself today, obviously in the interest of unity, dignity and for the good of the club) why don't you finally say what the things were you kept hinting at that were going on at the club in the past were - you know the things that "if we only knew".

Or can't you? Because actually there was no "dark secret" at the club before you arrived, it just served your bogeyman vs hero purposes. Because there was no conspiracy between Mark C and me to undermine investment or oust you, it just serves your story and masks the fact you got the heave-ho because after 18 months of missed targets, broken promises and our club losing money, fans and it's Championship status, you lost the support of the board or, more accurately, the one man on the Board who was keeping you there.

So come on Lee, let's have the facts about this wrongdoings at the club, along with the proof, and let's have the facts about what Mark C and I have been up to, along with the proof.

No?

Thought not.

Awaits another misdirection.(oh and by the way, I have copies of the PMs you sent around, first claiming I WAS Mark Corbidge, then claiming he and I were working together - pathetic and frankly libelous)

As I said - both got big ego's.

Not helpful all this stuff.

What happened to let's pull together?

Found it... Says here you found out about his potential commision/sweetner sometime after you offered him your help in Dec 09.

Now you're saying you haven't spoke to LS since May 09 but you know about this commision as you "heard it from Lee with your own ears".

9a1owx.jpg

Guest billsaja

You didn't "speculate" as to why, you stated it as fact, as if you knew.

What you mean like Lee stated as a FACT that I was Mark Corbidge until he changed his mind and stated as a FACT that Mark Corbidge and I were working together and had to "come clean".

Double standards? Never

Lee's a big boy Donny, he can answer for himself, any time.

Which one of the Bills wrote that?

Or which one wrote this on OO-

Frankly yes. I had 3 really good friends spend the weekend persuading me to let bygones be bygones and help them work together with Wednesdayite to get a list of contacts together and put LS in touch. I was persuaded "he was the right man for Wednesday" and we should help him out by leading the charge to get him some financial backing. I contacted senior people at JP Morgan, CIT Financial, Soros, Raymond James Financial and three other places to boot yesterday and got them to agree that they would accept a meeting with someone (meaning Lee) to discuss them investing in Sheffield Wednesday. Not easy and involved calling in several favours.

The response from Lee - to go and pander to the Owlstalk loyalists, who of course accept every word as gospel and now believe what quite frankly are outright lies. As Walkley and others will confirm, Lee has long been peddling this notion that Mark Corbidge and I were somehow in cahoots against him - I have absolutely never once met Mark Corbidge, nor (other than incidental postings on the same OT threads) have I ever had any correspondence or dealing with him. The only connection we have is since we were both called by C9S begging for money in the past 3 months, we both knew for a fact they were full of it. But Lee's lies just continue to flow and it is feeding in to dividing the fan base and damaging the club. As are his interviews, his statements and his veiled hints at the "things about which he cannot speak" - none of this is good for SWFC, it is all for one man's bruised ego.

He conned his way in to the Chairmanship 18 months ago with promises of investment, he further divided the fan base, put us further in the financial mire, and got us relegated on his watch and his response - to refute all blame, jump on some lame conspiracy theory and alienate any who would help him.

Pathetic, and as I said, good flipping riddance. Six months from now, he'll be forgotten except for 7 posters on OT and hopefully the club will be recovering from the damage of his tenure. For all his supposed "popularity" I have never met a fan in the flesh who cared much for the man nor who believed in his "vision" - reflected in our lowest ST sales in decades - and it is time for the club to move on.

Of course it will not be allowed to for a while since LS will do every interview offered to him, but luckily no-one except the ST really cares, so it might take a week of daily LS quotes, but soon we'll be allowed to remind ourselves that it is SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC, not the Lee Strafford show, and get on with our lives.

And the club (presumably) sells another Season Ticket - no excuses now!

What you mean like Lee stated as a FACT that I was Mark Corbidge until he changed his mind and stated as a FACT that Mark Corbidge and I were working together and had to "come clean".

Double standards? Never

To be fair Lee asked you..

Along with a couple other things..You answered a question with a question.

Double standards? Never

Stop trying to change the subject.

I haven't seen these PMs where he claimed you were MC so I won't comment on them.

Guest billsaja

Found it... Says here you found out about his potential commision/sweetner sometime after you offered him your help in Dec 09.

Now you're saying you haven't spoke to LS since May 09 but you know about this commision as you "heard it from Lee with your own ears".

9a1owx.jpg

See there's the problem when you try to argue on someone's behalf, you don't know ANYTHING that happened between me and Lee, and if you did you'd know that we spoke in May 2009 and it was in December on here that he made the post about the Chan's being the "wrong sort".

Now try applying your same high moral standards both ways............and ask Lee to do the same as you ask of me.

Can anyone explain how this helps our club one jot?

All I see is two delicate little flowers, trying to point score off each other.

Go and massage your ego somewhere else, its pathetic frankly.