Cutting Costs

Guest jdowl1

Guest jdowl1

Given our financial restraints it must be time to scrap the academy ,the reserves and any other areas where we can save money in order to put funds into the first team squad .To make funds available for more and better players.Too often we've lost players because we couldn't offer a better deal or couldn't sign players,loan or permanent because of lack of funds.We cant afford this club structure as it is at the moment.There's only so much money in the club and it has to be spent on the first team squad.

Get rid of some of the 4,500 matchday stewards. I've never seen a pitch invasion at home, against Plymouth, in front of 16,521. I'm no security expert, but fixtures like this can't pose any great degree of risk.

Secondly, I thought the idea of season ticket cards/scanners, was to do away with turnstyle operators. Why not have a number of turnstyles that enable the technically minded amongst us to fathom out how to hold it up against a scanner, then proceed after a beep. For the fools that can't manage this, let them queue. The Russians put dogs into space 30 years ago, so i'm fairly sure we could make this work.

Thirdly, just open 3 sides of the ground next season. We will consistently have 50% of the stadium empty. Lets not be proud. I've got a converted loft, but I don't leave the lights on just to prove to the neighbours I've got a converted loft.

Fourthly, get a pie style bidding war started between Beres and Lily's, and force the price down, and margins up. Balls to fairness, it's time to get tough.

Just a start , but hope it helps.

Thirdly, just open 3 sides of the ground next season. We will consistently have 50% of the stadium empty. Lets not be proud. I've got a converted loft, but I don't leave the lights on just to prove to the neighbours I've got a converted loft

not quite that, but i agree that we should shut the grandstand and equalise pricing between the north and south.

Secondly, I thought the idea of season ticket cards/scanners, was to do away with turnstyle operators. Why not have a number of turnstyles that enable the technically minded amongst us to fathom out how to hold it up against a scanner, then proceed after a beep. For the fools that can't manage this, let them queue. The Russians put dogs into space 53 years ago, so i'm fairly sure we could make this work.

Woof!

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Thirdly, just open 3 sides of the ground next season. We will consistently have 50% of the stadium empty. Lets not be proud. I've got a converted loft, but I don't leave the lights on just to prove to the neighbours I've got a converted loft.

Only really need to open the lower sections of all sides of the ground - that way it still looks rammed full.

Closing one home stand [as in the Palace cup match] was very odd - like a reserve game - but having all four sides full back the rows half way up would be much better.

Just a thought.......

Guest jdowl1

Only really need to open the lower sections of all sides of the ground - that way it still looks rammed full.

Closing one home stand [as in the Palace cup match] was very odd - like a reserve game - but having all four sides full back the rows half way up would be much better.

Just a thought.......

I agree with that.We could also open lower part of leppings lane to Owls fans ,so we have support at four sides of the ground.

Outsource all telephone ticket operations. the club should be running online sites only.

Although we might do that already now.

Contract out the 'running' of our catering stands, but keep the profits and revenue.

If league one occurs the club needs to reduce its non-core football related wage bill as much as possible.

Outsourcing whilst not nice is a greate cost saver, as the club doens't have to pay NI contributions or any other costs associated with people.

But depending upon the contractual terms, the outsourcing of the catering operations doesn't mean loosing the 'revenue' .

If we go down to league one. Radical reform is needed on the 'off the pitch' activities to enable the 1st wage bill to be as large as possible.

Hell i'd even suggest getting an 'events' management company or similar in to start running match day hospitality or similar.

It can't be healthy for the club to be employing people whom are used 22 Saturdays every month.

Really radical solutions need looking at.

Get rid of some of the 4,500 matchday stewards. I've never seen a pitch invasion at home, against Plymouth, in front of 16,521. I'm no security expert, but fixtures like this can't pose any great degree of risk.

Secondly, I thought the idea of season ticket cards/scanners, was to do away with turnstyle operators. Why not have a number of turnstyles that enable the technically minded amongst us to fathom out how to hold it up against a scanner, then proceed after a beep. For the fools that can't manage this, let them queue. The Russians put dogs into space 30 years ago, so i'm fairly sure we could make this work.

Fourthly, get a pie style bidding war started between Beres and Lily's, and force the price down, and margins up. Balls to fairness, it's time to get tough.

Just a start , but hope it helps.

that as well. it amazes me the numbers of stewards we employ on cold tuesday nights at home to watford.

They seem to outnumber the actual away fans at times.......