Michael Gray

Needs to start on Sunday IMO, no matter which position.

Terrorised the pigs last year at the Sty, and is one of the few in our squad with the mental strength to play in a big game like this one.

He's the Steve Watson of this season, and could be crucial.

His legs may have gone, but he's by far the best player we've got technically and his experience will be vital.

Drop Potter, put Soares in the middle and have Tudgay and Gray out wide, supporting Varney and Johnson.

Just about sums the team up - 'By far the best player we've got technically' has got no f**kin legs !!!!!!

I'm surprised we haven't tried what Burnley did with Graham Alexander.

He's definately got the energy levels for CDM and the skills and the brains for it. It's never been a role that needs pace, and we have got nobody who is competent in this role. Potter's defensive cover is embarrassing.

Did Viv Anderson ever have the legs// Did Lawrie Madden... no.... a good brain is the right position easily replaces energy and effort.. Play him a left back with Spurr in front..

But i fear it is too late to try this out.. we will not change the team from Middlesborough.. hard work, and endevour is all we can hope to pull us to safety..

Needs to start on Sunday IMO, no matter which position.

Terrorised the pigs last year at the Sty, and is one of the few in our squad with the mental strength to play in a big game like this one.

He's the Steve Watson of this season, and could be crucial.

His legs may have gone, but he's by far the best player we've got technically and his experience will be vital.

Drop Potter, put Soares in the middle and have Tudgay and Gray out wide, supporting Varney and Johnson.

well said kivo.

touch of class.

Did Viv Anderson ever have the legs// Did Lawrie Madden... no.... a good brain is the right position easily replaces energy and effort.. Play him a left back with Spurr in front..

But i fear it is too late to try this out.. we will not change the team from Middlesborough.. hard work, and endevour is all we can hope to pull us to safety..

The ageing Paul McGrath springs (er, sort of...) to mind, too. Still quality, even at the end of his career.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

You must be joking.

How can someone who's legs have gone be our best player.

have you seen us recently

Grant

Buxton Purse Beevers Nolan

Gray

O'Connor Potter

Johnson Esajas

Varney

Subs

Tudgay

Spurr

Clarke

Jeffers

etc

Playing in the middle, with him filling in either left or right mid, when wingers bomb on. Give them the license to get forward. Esajas ripped Utd apart at their place, if he doesn't to concentrate on defending. He might do ok.

Varney up front, cos I think he was the last person to score! He's the form striker!!

Grant

Buxton Purse Beevers Nolan

Gray

O'Connor Potter

Johnson Esajas

Varney

Subs

Tudgay

Spurr

Clarke

Jeffers

etc

Playing in the middle, with him filling in either left or right mid, when wingers bomb on. Give them the license to get forward. Esajas ripped Utd apart at their place, if he doesn't to concentrate on defending. He might do ok.

Varney up front, cos I think he was the last person to score! He's the form striker!!

Agreed. Changed the whole dimension of the game. I think if they know Esajas is starting/ actually going to come on, there will be that feeling in the back of their minds that he's dangerous and will run at them.

I remember after that match, everyone on here was praising him, next game he scores after a few minutes against Cardiff and we were wondering why he was never given more of a chance.

One bad game later, and he's off on the sub bench, perhaps getting 5 minutes a game if he was lucky.

Anyway, off topic there.

As much as we debate whether Gray should be in the team, Irvine is not gonna change his back 4, nor his midfield by the looks of things.

It's a shame, because at the end of last season and the beginning of this one, Gray was Mr. Consistent. He was the only one who looked comfortable on the ball, had a bit of flair on it as well.

Instead, we're left with big, lumbering Tom Soares who doesn't put in half the effort Gray did.

I really like Gray for his composure on the ball, but Irvine doesnt seem to want to play him.

i've seen over the course of the season people calling for a john sheridan, or chris waddle...you don't need a degree in football to know both would have made a really significant contribution to our season...but neither were blessed with pace, could gray hold the central midfield ball player role, as if we have one he's expertly camoflauged...

Soares in the middle? Like when Irvine took potter off and played Soares in his position the other week, when we lost. Because they went through the gap potter would have filled, with Soares nowhere to be seen? No thanks.

And those who say Jeffers deserves to ever start again - i despair. The players on the pitch visibily shake their heads any time he comes on.

Esajas will start on the bench.

Gray is too defensively minded - we have to go all out attack against the pigs.

Id be willing to bet JJ is kicked all round hillsboro on sunday, as cackwell employs his standard tactics..

Go 4-4-2 and lets have a go at them.