Michael Gray

Needs to start on Sunday IMO, no matter which position.

Terrorised the pigs last year at the Sty, and is one of the few in our squad with the mental strength to play in a big game like this one.

He's the Steve Watson of this season, and could be crucial.

His legs may have gone, but he's by far the best player we've got technically and his experience will be vital.

Drop Potter, put Soares in the middle and have Tudgay and Gray out wide, supporting Varney and Johnson.

I really like Gray for his composure on the ball, but Irvine doesnt seem to want to play him.

Probably because he can't run anymore- he's obviously still got great quality on the ball and he obviously looks after himself and still has the aerobic fitness of a youngster....but his legs have well and truly 'gone' to use a popular cliche.

JJ is going to be knackered after an hour come sunday...so i'd hope that we're in front at that point, and then look to replace JJ with Gray, and move Tudgay from wide right back to his favoured position up front again.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Probably because he can't run anymore- he's obviously still got great quality on the ball and he obviously looks after himself and still has the aerobic fitness of a youngster....but his legs have well and truly 'gone' to use a popular cliche.

JJ is going to be knackered after an hour come sunday...so i'd hope that we're in front at that point, and then look to replace JJ with Gray, and move Tudgay from wide right back to his favoured position up front again.

I know Irvine sees him week in, week out, and will know a lot more.

But when Gray was on earlier this year, forgot against who, it was 92nd minute and he legged it from the penalty box to the other half when someone cleared it- and he looked full of energy

I think we need his calming influence. Soares can't put his flipping foot on it, neither can Potter. If he's not gonna play someone who's gonna run at the defenders or try something on the ball on the left (esajas), then drop Soares and get Gray on.

I have to agree - the last few times I've seen him play he was left wanting in terms of pace and running, and he looked woefully lacking in stamina.

Terrorised the pigs last year at the Sty, and is one of the few in our squad with the mental strength to play in a big game like this one.

His legs may have gone, but he's by far the best player we've got technically and his experience will be vital.

Drop Potter, put Soares in the middle and have Tudgay and Gray out wide, supporting Varney and Johnson.

Unfortunately we don't have a Steve Watson - Gray doesn't come close - one of the most underrated players of his generation imo

I always thought Gray should have played in his best position of left back - but our dearth of reliable wide players has probably pre-empted that

If he can't get up and down the wing like he used to, then play him as a anchor man in midfield. I least he get tackles in and keeps the ball. Lets pack the midfield and give Potter, McAllister, Miller (If fit) or who ever to get forward without worrying about defence.

If he can't get up and down the wing like he used to, then play him as a anchor man in midfield. I least he get tackles in and keeps the ball. Lets pack the midfield and give Potter, McAllister, Miller (If fit) or who ever to get forward without worrying about defence.

why pack the midfield when all UTD will do is skip it anyway?

Gray left back with Spurr in front?

We all know Spurr shits himself with anyone running at him, if he's freed of that responsibility maybe he can actually perform somehwere near the levels we've seen from him in the past,.

But Spurr's passing is abysmal!

in the wise words of Cardiff, it is totally "unfeasable" to play Spurr left wing!

But Spurr's passing is abysmal!

in the wise words of Cardiff, it is totally "unfeasable" to play Spurr left wing!

Fine.

--------------------------------Grant---------------------------------

--Nolan----Hinds-------Purse--------Beevers-----Spurr

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Tudgay----Clarke------Jeffers------Varney-------Johnson

Fine.

--------------------------------Grant---------------------------------

--Nolan----Hinds-------Purse--------Beevers-----Spurr

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Tudgay----Clarke------Jeffers------Varney-------Johnson

Ha Ha its official,

YOU HAVE LOST THE PLOT!!

:st2:

You must be joking.

How can someone who's legs have gone be our best player.

Guest James-The-Owl

I agree in a way, I do believe Michael Gray should start this weekend for his experience, that and the fact I think he's currently our best option on the left, Soares is rubbish, Esajas is worse.

I agree in a way, I do believe Michael Gray should start this weekend for his experience, that and the fact I think he's currently our best option on the left, Soares is rubbish, Esajas is worse.

My god!! :ohmy:

When you put it like that, it sounds so so bad!

Its a shame we have to rely on a 35 yr old. But things are the way they are.

COME ON LADS!!!

It's a shame we've never seen him play for us at left-back, I think he'd do a good job.

Despite his age I think when we've had Spurr struggling for so long it would have made perfect sense to put our experienced natural left-back in there.

In reality though there seems no chance of it happening.

It's a shame we've never seen him play for us at left-back, I think he'd do a good job.

Despite his age I think when we've had Spurr struggling for so long it would have made perfect sense to put our experienced natural left-back in there.

In reality though there seems no chance of it happening.

My sentiments exactly,

Spurr has been awful this season,

Even thought his legs seem to have gone, surely his footballing brain would compensate.