Alan Irvine

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm baffled that this is largely the same set of players that acheived a respectable 12th place finish last season - despite the team lurching from one injury crisis to the next.

The year we've had a fairly clean bill of health and look woeful.

We've no spark in midfield. We're not playing with any proper wingers.

I don't know.

Thats because I've just opened the red wine.

I like that Al is at Hillsborough but its obvious Bri was out of his depth.

Maybe one day we will get back to the days of Big Ronny but the quicker we forget the days Dan, Pete, Tel and Turns the better.

I'm looking at the bottle of South African Shiraz on my side and wondering if I should open it... Probably shouldn't with how much work I've got to do this evening...

Guest Sheff Owl

:biggrin::laugh:

Quality. Typical Saturday.

Lost.

Too much Beer,

and Foo Fighters, this week. UFO earlier.

Dam!!

Was gonna use more chance of seeing a UFO than an Owls goal. :ph34r:

Guest Sheff Owl

Just played I will be back - Foo Fighters, One by One, Album.

Hope it's not an omen.

Played Rock Bottom by UFO earlier. When I get really drunk I'll move on to Take That - Want you back (Brian?) :laugh:

Yeah, get out the good stuff :laugh:

Pray - i think we need to do a lot of that. :biggrin:

Strangely I would have more confidence in Laws getting us to win two out of the last three than Irvine.

If we needed to grind out draws and not lose than Irvine's Wednesday would be better suited.

Disclaimer

I do realise if Laws was still here we would have been relegated by now. But taking just the last 3 matches into consideration I have more confidence in Law's Wednesday scoring goals than AI's.

Edited by web_owls

I think Mr Irvine was an opportunist appointment

TBH i'd have preferred us to go for Brendan Rodgers if we were going the uninspiring route

I still maintain this club needed much more of a lift at the time - but i don't wanna cover that old ground

TBH i'd have preferred us to go for Brendan Rodgers if we were going the uninspiring route

I still maintain this club needed much more of a lift at the time - but i don't wanna cover that old ground

Agreed, you reap what you sow.

Bloody hell. Just saying that to a bloke in the street today, before today's game, genuinely. Reading should never have got rid of him. The team at the Madjeski is his.

Word has it that Madjeski couldn't stand the competition, hence he got rid.

I would have preffered Warnock to be honest. Still rather be in League One than have that bishop basher in charge. Much better.

Mind you, Alan Irvine - nice bloke.

Guest Sheff Owl

Fans need to be inspired, fans need to see that there is belief, i don't see that currently.

Said it before i don't think we have done enough to try and win games, we just seem happy to go for a point.

We can't just carry like we are, something has got to change and fast.

The crowds are dropping, if we are down by Palace game, that crowd is gonna be awful.

I am dreading that day.

AI has to pull something out of the bag here.

Bloody hell. Just saying that to a bloke in the street today, before today's game, genuinely. Reading should never have got rid of him. The team at the Madjeski is his.

Word has it that Madjeski couldn't stand the competition, hence he got rid.

I would have preffered Warnock to be honest. Still rather be in League One than have that bishop basher in charge. Much better.

Mind you, Alan Irvine - nice bloke.

I was at their Hogwood training ground this week and talking to some of their staff - and they are genuinely amazed (still) that Rodgers got punted when he did

Didn't hear any gossip about personality clashes or anything like that - but they were quite scathing about him being sacked lets put it that way

Fans need to be inspired, fans need to see that there is belief, i don't see that currently.

Said it before i don't think we have done enough to try and win games, we just seem happy to go for a point.

We can't just carry like we are, something has got to change and fast.

The crowds are dropping, if we are down by Palace game, that crowd is gonna be awful.

I am dreading that day.

AI has to pull something out of the bag here.

Irvine has never, ever, said, that we will not be relegated. Too good to go down etc, etc.

Not once. Did he ever believe it? Why should the players?

Even if it was just bullshit - when have you ever not known that?