Alan Irvine

Guest Sheff Owl

When appointed our chaiman claimed that AI has a modern approach to football and that his core values match those of SWFC.....now flip knows what all that means but presumably it is more important than having a flippingclue about assessoing a squad and then at least setting a team up that is at least capable of creating the odd chance to score goals and win matches.

Guest Sheff Owl

Just been looking Alan Irvine has/will have had 23 games to save us from relegation.

If we go down will people say he has had enough games to save us?

Or

Not enough games?

I was at their Hogwood training ground this week and talking to some of their staff - and they are genuinely amazed (still) that Rodgers got punted when he did

Didn't hear any gossip about personality clashes or anything like that - but they were quite scathing about him being sacked lets put it that way

It was on Radio Berkshire last week. Their ex pro - aka our 'John Pearson' said that was why Madjeski got rid. Not enough room for Madjeski and Rodgers to be in the same limelight. He went on to say that Madjeski did not like not being the focal point of news interest, and, that is why he liked McDermott so much - he is not interested in the limelight.

I was amazed that he was so honest (the pundit).

Rodgers said on the local news that he had been told to build a squad with a 3 year plan in mind. He said that is what he had done, and then was sacked because of a lack of short term results.

He always said they would not get relegated, too good to go down etc. But, he bought all the current squad. Doing well now, great manager and talker IMO.

Since when did football club chairmen know anything about football

Well there was this one time. . .

Sadly I think LS's football knowledge is about as in-depth as your average owlstalker.

Anyone who believes that John Sheridan is better than Paul Scholes.

Sure he's got Wilko as an adviser. But all I can think of when I hear the name Howard Wilkinson, is some old git, with a flat cap, managing Sunderland to their doom.

Guest Housey

Looking at his stats from his time at Preston this season and his 20 games here he is a very average manager just like Laws and all before him. We will see small runs where we win but this poo poo is the norm.

Looking at his stats from his time at Preston this season and his 20 games here he is a very average manager just like Laws and all before him. We will see small runs where we win but this poo poo is the norm.

Indeed.

Laws had an average record at best when we appointed him, with as many relegations as promotions, and at a level lower than our own.

We shouldn't be shocked that the job was too big for him.

Irvine was relegation bound with Preston, with a reputation for negative football. Doh !!!

Indeed.

Laws had an average record at best when we appointed him, with as many relegations as promotions, and at a level lower than our own.

We shouldn't be shocked that the job was too big for him.

Irvine was relegation bound with Preston, with a reputation for negative football. Doh !!!

Exactly it's the mediocre merry go round.

Guest Housey

It's not just the first team though it right through the rest of the club, results are poor right the way through to the kids so some thing is not right. Do we have a scouting system or do we rely on software systems and statistics, we need another Turner or Eustace who actually went outdoors ( i will explain what outdoors is later) and watched games all over the country and spotted the likes of Brunt,Whelan,Mclean, ect. There were also some really bad signings but that's football and when you have little money it's the chance you take, today we have nothing and the club ouses relegation because of the losing mentality right trhough the club.

Guest Sheff Owl

It's not just the first team though it right through the rest of the club, results are poor right the way through to the kids so some thing is not right. Do we have a scouting system or do we rely on software systems and statistics, we need another Turner or Eustace who actually went outdoors ( i will explain what outdoors is later) and watched games all over the country and spotted the likes of Brunt,Whelan,Mclean, ect. There were also some really bad signings but that's football and when you have little money it's the chance you take, today we have nothing and the club ouses relegation because of the losing mentality right trhough the club.

Makes you wonder what we do as in terms of scouting because imo it's non existent!

We have have found some cracking players in the past, yet now nothing, even the youth players coming through seems to have dried up.

Its a complete shambles.

Guest Sheff Owl

I personally think that in the 20 games that AI has had i think we have not done enough to try and win the game or even get a point, we have been to negative, that need's to stop now, we need wins.