Alan Irvine

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest wednesday83

Alan Irvine is far far too negative for me at the moment. Ive said it before and im saying it again - in must win games he's been far too happy to take a point. Now we are in a position where we have to win 3 games outta 3 to have a chance of staying up.

Yes the squad is poor thanks to Laws and the lack of funding, but its Irvine thats playing the negative tactics. Even when we do play 2 up front they have to spend most the game chsing back into midfield to try and create something for themselves.

We have needed wins recently and he has not played for them.

If Laws had gone after the 4-1 Vs Watford maybe we would be ok by now.

Huge mistake letting him carry on.

And do you honestly think that we have had not had enough chances, post Laws, to get out of this poo poo, even with this bunch of useless lobbers?

I do. (Still do for that matter but it isn't going to happen).

Guest Sheff Owl

And do you honestly think that we have had not had enough chances, post Laws, to get out of this poo poo, even with this bunch of useless lobbers?

I do. (Still do for that matter but it isn't going to happen).

I honestly think we have had lots of chances, its shocking to think we have let it get down to these 3 games to save ourselfs.

We have been too negative like lots of people have said, we need to worry about us and not more about the opposition, you can't just hope for a point, you need to win games by going for it.

I don't understand why with 15 minutes left or so we have not took a Defender off and brought a Striker on and gone for it, instead of like for like, we need to flipping win.

LIke i have said previous at the end of the season if we go down are we gonna say could we have done more? i belive the answer to that is a massive YES

LIke i have said previous at the end of the season if we go down are we gonna say could we have done more? i belive the answer to that is a massive YES

Couldn't agree more. Although it won't be popular.

The last month we've been shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The lack of fight or immediacy this last couple of weeks has been f*****g embarrassing.

Let's have some fight FFS.

Guest Sheff Owl

Couldn't agree more. Although it won't be popular.

The last month we've been shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The lack of fight or immediacy this last couple of weeks has been f*****g embarrassing.

Let's have some fight FFS.

In all honestly i thought Plymouth were gone/out of it and now yes they prob will still go but are showing some fight and showing they want it.

Something we are lacking.

I don't see where Irvine has been negative at home, away fine, we need to get at least a point away so we are not stupid. At home he has played preety much the most attacking team he could, we are not blessed with attacking players. Where is the pace when jj not playing, nowhere, you can only attack with pace IMO.

I don't see where Irvine has been negative at home, away fine, we need to get at least a point away so we are not stupid. At home he has played preety much the most attacking team he could, we are not blessed with attacking players. Where is the pace when jj not playing, nowhere, you can only attack with pace IMO.

He would rather play Tudgay, Varney or Soares on the wing than Esajas or Gray.

That in itself is negative.

He would rather play Tudgay, Varney or Soares on the wing than Esajas or Gray.

That in itself is negative.

Esajas had his chance blew it, I've never seen what everyone raves about , 2 decent strikes and that's it, not exactly set the reserves on fire, gray not been same since his injury and is slow.

So what else??

Esajas had his chance blew it, I've never seen what everyone raves about , 2 decent strikes and that's it, not exactly set the reserves on fire, gray not been same since his injury and is slow.

So what else??

One point out of the last Nine. Are you suggesting we don't try something else, not Esajas or Gray in particular, but something, Jeffers?

Just keep shuffling the deck chairs and wait for the inevitable without even a whimper?

So what else??

Fine. He blew it - lets just kick him out of the squad now then eh?

I like how you can be picky about players who have had no chance to shine for us during this awful spell - I mean those who are being chosen now are doing a smashing job aren't they?

Having a squad and using it to your advantage is fundamental to results - to simply write off a whole section of the squad because they haven't performed in the past is insane and makes the first eleven take their place for granted.

Guest totemowl

One point out of the last Nine. Are you suggesting we don't try something else, not Esajas or Gray in particular, but something, Jeffers?

Just keep shuffling the deck chairs and wait for the inevitable without even a whimper?

Jeffers has only just recovered from his latest injury and he presumably is not match fit.

Next please.

Guest Sheff Owl

That's the point we just gonna carry on as we are not trying anything different and then that's it all over, League One football next season or are we gonna try something?

What we are doing now is not working, we are not scoring and losing games, it don't take a genius to work out something needs to be done.

Just go down without a fight, lets just keep the norm.

The players with the shirts have had a chance and done ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING, yes we can't make wholesale changes but we can change 1 or 2.

10 minutes to save a game is not gonna work.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest totemowl

That's the point we just gonna carry on as we are not trying anything different and then that's it all over, League One football next season or are we gonna try something?

What we are doing now is not working, we are not scoring and losing games, it don't take a genius to work out something needs to be done.

Just go down without a fight, lets just keep the norm.

The players with the shirts have had a chance and done ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING, yes we can't make wholesale changes but we can change 1 or 2.

10 minutes to save a game is not gonna work.

So you want to go back to what Laws was doing in Oct / Nov. Dropping players and bringing others in an almost arbitrary fashion, destroying team and player confidence along the way.

You can give in now if you wish. But I'd prefer to stick with our best XI is, not make changes for the sake of it.

I'm all for shuffling the pack but when it's full of jokers what does that leave you with? If these players were showing they can make a difference when they come on or play well in the reserves I would be banging the drum for them to be included, the simple fact is they aren't. The current 11 are too comfortable but this will only change with new players.

This club needs a clearout and a new recruitment policy, I am sure this will happen but the past is still catching up with us and we are going to have to do it from league 1.

Fine. He blew it - lets just kick him out of the squad now then eh?

I like how you can be picky about players who have had no chance to shine for us during this awful spell - I mean those who are being chosen now are doing a smashing job aren't they?

Having a squad and using it to your advantage is fundamental to results - to simply write off a whole section of the squad because they haven't performed in the past is insane and makes the first eleven take their place for granted.

Therein lies our problem, the backup players are, well, just gash.

Where are the players tearing the reserve league a new arsehole demanding to be given a first team spot?

I can tell you, there aren't any.

Jeffers has only just recovered from his latest injury and he presumably is not match fit.

Next please.

Why is he on the bench then? And JJ is match fit is he? Oh, I forgot, he's the new messiah, so that's OK.

Just keep on keeping on, then. Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Emphasis on the latter. One point in the last Nine.

Therein lies our problem, the backup players are, well, just gash.

Where are the players tearing the reserve league a new arsehole demanding to be given a first team spot?

I can tell you, there aren't any.

No, our squad is inter-changeable but some players might have more fight in them - we'll never know though.

Guest Sheff Owl

So you want to go back to what Laws was doing in Oct / Nov. Dropping players and bringing others in an almost arbitrary fashion, destroying team and player confidence along the way.

You can give in now if you wish. But I'd prefer to stick with our best XI is, not make changes for the sake of it.

Yes because what we are doing at the moment is working ain't it!!

We are creating chances, we are scoring goals, we are winning matches...so nothing to worry about.

Guest totemowl

Why is he on the bench then? And JJ is match fit is he? Oh, I forgot, he's the new messiah, so that's OK.

Just keep on keeping on, then. Nothing ventured and nothing gained.

Emphasis on the latter. One point in the last Nine.

JJ's not been out for long.

But why put JJ in the team ahead of Jeffers. Given their respective contributions over the season, it makes sense to do so doesn't it?