Alan Irvine

Guest Sheff Owl

I thought you were advocating a return for Esajas?

Right now I'd accept Tony Crane lacing his boots up.

We aren't just 'threatened' with relegation or 'danger of slipping into the relegation zone'.

We are in the fookin' mire and need to absolutely hammer any possibility we can to survive.

I just don't think the management or squad are doing that. Theres no urgency.

JJ's not been out for long.

But why put JJ in the team ahead of Jeffers. Given their respective contributions over the season, it makes sense to do so doesn't it?

Sorry, but you just don't get it do yo?. It's not working - I 'm not advocating not playing JJ, but you are being very selective in justifying why Jeffers should not be given a start - not fit etc.

You have got to try something, anything - even Purse at centre forward for christ's sake. I don't give a flying f**k as long as we try something.

But no, keep playing the same players, formation and tactics and hope for a lucky goal/break.

You are honestly telling me, that over the last month Clarke has deserved starts over Jeffers?

F*****g brilliant.

Sorry, but you just don't get it do yo?. It's not working - I 'm not advocating not playing JJ, but you are being very selective in justifying why Jeffers should not be given a start - not fit etc.

You have got to try something, anything - even Purse at centre forward for christ's sake. I don't give a flying f**k as long as we try something.

But no, keep playing the same players, formation and tactics and hope for a lucky goal/break.

You are honestly telling me, that over the last month Clarke has deserved starts over Jeffers?

F*****g brilliant.

I can't believe people still hold a grudge so much so that they can single Jeffers out for personal criticism despite the absolute rumbletard performances displayed by the first eleven.

He can come and have a poo poo in my garden as long as he puts one past the pigs.

DFS!

Guest Sheff Owl

F*****g brilliant.

Excellent!!

That's the point, it's not about who deserves it more, or if he was poor 3 games ago it's about NOW!!

What we are currently doing is the same thing, we either just carry on the same and go down with a wimper or change/try something different.

If what we have been doing has been giving us goals/points then nobody can say a flipping thing but it aint.

WE NEED FRESH IDEAS!!!!!

Right now I'd accept Tony Crane lacing his boots up.

We aren't just 'threatened' with relegation or 'danger of slipping into the relegation zone'.

We are in the fookin' mire and need to absolutely hammer any possibility we can to survive.

I just don't think the management or squad are doing that. Theres no urgency.

I'm not sure what to make of AI and I just don't feel any connection with him as yet.

However, the QPR away game summed up his absolute belief in his methods. Someone without that self belief would have changed things as soon as QPR scored (I was screaming for a change) but AI stuck to his game plan and we secured a point and if we'd not conceded a sloppy goal maybe his plan would have seen us leave with 3 points.

I'd love for us to "try something different" and go for the kill in games but I think AI has already shown that this ain't gonna happen. This guy will stick to his guns and hopefully that will be enough to see us safe but there are going to be plenty more brown trouser moments along the way.

I'm not sure what to make of AI and I just don't feel any connection with him as yet.

However, the QPR away game summed up his absolute belief in his methods. Someone without that self belief would have changed things as soon as QPR scored (I was screaming for a change) but AI stuck to his game plan and we secured a point and if we'd not conceded a sloppy goal maybe his plan would have seen us leave with 3 points.

I'd love for us to "try something different" and go for the kill in games but I think AI has already shown that this ain't gonna happen. This guy will stick to his guns and hopefully that will be enough to see us safe but there are going to be plenty more brown trouser moments along the way.

Three games left and that's it!

Faint heart never won fair maiden, but stops AI being criticised, I suggest?

Thus, no Jeffers et al.

I said at the time Itvine took over that he'll go down as a Wednesday legend if he keeps us up.

Only since Easter have I actually thought we are heading down - up until then I've been pretty comfy in thinking we'll be fine. It has made me re-visit my initial thoughts on Irvine - our results and form in the last quarter of 2009 has killed us, and it will be a staggering achivement if we stay up.

Now though, its the goals drying up that worries me. Is it now 18 games in the whole season where we haven't scored a goal? Thats a truly shocking stat.

Next Sunday is one of the biggest games in our history, let alone the Palace game.

I'm not going through all that again rolleyes.gif

No, but I'm expected to travel up to Sheffield to watch these lobbers against United and Palace (already bought the tickets). :ohmy:

Well, I shan't be going to the Palace game if it is meaningless (as won't others I suspect).

All I want/expect is some effort and imagination. Not us just laying down and dying like lambs to the slaughter - that would be unbearable and seems, pretty much, what we have done these last three games. Against United then, that would be unforgivable.

We are fighting for our lives - the fans want to see that reflected on the pitch, but I just can't see it. Instead it's just like being caught in an Edward Munch painting every f*****g Saturday - :st2:

Guest Sheff Owl

The bottom line is if AI keep's us up he has done a good job considering the shower of poo he has to work with.

But as for legend status that's about as good as the 'Brian Laws wall of fame'.

I think people have already forgot just how awful we were towards the end of Laws' reign. The task of transforming this team's results into play-off form just to keep us up was HUGE.

How on earth did anyone expect AI to easily turn things around working with this sorry bunch and with no money to bring in replacements??

I think people have already forgot just how awful we were towards the end of Laws' reign. The task of transforming this team's results into play-off form just to keep us up was HUGE.

How on earth did anyone expect AI to easily turn things around working with this sorry bunch and with no money to bring in replacements??

Motivation?

Tactical nounce?

Stamping his own mark on the squad?

The side he picks, the formation and style of play is a Laws carbon copy - its a con.

Guest Sheff Owl

The problem i'm seeing is that the same people are giving the same poo poo performences that they gave under Laws and he never dropped them, so now under AI it's the same, yes he can't make wholesale changes but CHANGE BLOODY SOMETHING!!

A lot of players are in comfort zones and it's wrong.